Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

are remasters a good thing or a bad thing

bruhwtf

bruhwtf

Paragon
★★★★
Remasters can be a good thing. However, some of them still whine of the smallest bits of changes cuz it ain't muh original :reeeeee:. Personally, idc it doesn't really impact that much, however companies are on a drought age where they can do nothing else creative but abuse these crappy cesspit of a disease I absolutely fucking hate. Wdy think?

They are good in the sense that in theory a remaster should be a better version of the original game.

But they are bad in the sense that the developers should use resources to make a new entry in the game series rather than a remaster of an existing one.

Good thing because most modern games being developed are total SJW faggot cheeks. I ONLY look forward to remasters at this point.

They are cool with new graphics

Good thing because most modern games being developed are total SJW faggot cheeks. I ONLY look forward to remasters at this point.
remasters/remakes are made by same crowd of women, trannies, faggots etc

Bad thing. They are not needed anyway & are just cash grabs most of the time.

I do not know, on the one hand, this is a simple business for pumping money out of fans and oldfags. On the other hand, many old games are hard to run and in order to play an old game on a PC before the year 2000, you need to mess with the settings a lot.

good thing as long as they don't touch anything except technical stuff (running on modern systems) and upscale textures a little. Im still so mad about GTA Trilogy Defecation Edition

No? It just weaponizes your nostalgia, also enables companies to not have to do anything and they can just keep remastering their older games.

many are worse than the original. Such as
halo CE anniversary or GTA trilogy definitive edition.

They can be good sometimes, like burnout paradise remastered, which lets PC users get the dlc which was originally for console only. That remaster is superior to the original.

Good if they take 10+ years old game and rerelease it on all modern platforms with a couple of tweaks and better textures, bad if it's a worse version of the original.

like burnout paradise remastered, which lets PC users get the dlc which was originally for console only. That remaster is superior to the original.
Driving is worse in remastered than in the pre-patched original since they nerfed all cars speed and haven't done anything to bring it back, you still can't restart a fucking race ffs, and racing is pretty lazily done. Paradise is the lamest and the weakest Burnout game in the series and i always disliked it for so many reasons.

I ONLY look forward to remasters at this point.
Brave 2024 09 19 14 47 16
:lul: :feelsclown:

Driving is worse in remastered than in the pre-patched original since they nerfed all cars speed and haven't done anything to bring it back, you still can't restart a fucking race ffs, and racing is pretty lazily done. Paradise is the lamest and the weakest Burnout game in the series and i always disliked it for so many reasons.
I see, shit like this is what happens a lot with remasters. Very sad to see.

I used to play Paradise a lot because other Burnout games had shit emulation. I liked it until PS2 emulation finally became good and I was able to finally play Burnout 3, at last. Turns out Paradise fucking sucks in comparison. Really hated open world, without it it's so much tighter experience

Last edited:
I used to play Paradise a lot because other Burnout games had shit emulation. I liked it until PS2 emulation finally became good and I was able to finally play Burnout 3, at last. Turns out Paradise fucking sucks in comparison. Really hated open world, without it it's so much tighter experience
Yeah and Burnout on xb360 can actually render way more cars on the screen than Paradise on PC/PS5 which is pretty sad, you can increase car density but in Paradise they are hardcoded to spawn in front/back of you so ai will be able to drive without a single crash due cars not spawning near them while you will be living through hell. Criterion are joke of the devs they lost their magic touch with Burnout Revenge and surprisingly NFS Hot Pursuit 2010, however that game is still inferior to the Burnouts (with exception of crappy Paradise) ai is cheating like crazy (especially in Remastered version), crashing is not as impressive and nitro takes way too long to refill, but it's still fun at times to play due different racing locations and cars that you keep unlocking.

Last edited:
I liked the Diablo 2 remaster

Remasters are fine but I hate the last gen remasters to new gen (it's a waste of time). Remasters are only truly good if they pull something from the vault that was left in the dust for a couple generations

They tend to be a bad thing

Bad. Most remasters are shit, some even outright worse than the original. Even the good ones are cash grabs that weren't really needed. I can't think of one remaster example that was actually a true positive.

Burnout Paradise is fine example, as mentioned here earlier.

Sometimes good sometimes bad

But often good imo