Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Are IQ tests an accurate representation of someone's intelligence?

• Thread starter Deleted member 25467
  • Start date
Deleted member 25467

Deleted member 25467

Hispanic manletcel just waiting to perish
-
Or is it limited? I think you can be innately good at one specific subject but be shit in another.
There seem to be a lot of articles online saying IQ tests are not reliable but I have my doubts. I think these people might be coping.

they're trash. Online IQ tests are garbage and i've gotten 140 on the one the mensa website.

I've taken 3 paid real life tests in my life all three came with very different resaults. It's all meaningless

They give you a rough idea, but they won't indicate proficiency in any subject area. You could have an IQ of 140 (with just over 150 being the meaningful upper limit) and it won't say if you'll necessarily make a good scientist, for example.

You also could have different scores on different days for the same test.

It was meant to do two things: identify the mentally retarded and the mentally gifted. The score itself just puts you in a particular range and category that tells you how close to or away from one of those you are.

Yes. Only people that get low scores on them or people that are interested in denying IQ science (for whatever reason, usually political) deny their accuracy.
You could have an IQ of 140 (with just over 150 being the meaningful upper limit) and it won't say if you'll necessarily make a good scientist, for example.
If you have an IQ of 140 you will do well in any intellectual field you choose.

Yes. Only people that get low scores on them or people that are interested in denying IQ science (for whatever reason, usually political) deny their accuracy.

That's how I feel too, but I'm not sure. If you get a low IQ score you'll want to cope by saying it doesn't matter or that the tests aren't accurate.
If the tests can determine how intellectually disabled you are they can determine how intelligent you are too, imo.

That's how I feel too, but I'm not sure. If you get a low IQ score you'll want to cope by saying it doesn't matter or that the tests aren't accurate.
Yeah. There are some mental abilities which could be called intelligence that the tests don't measure. Like they're not going to measure your aptitude for art or music, but they give an accurate representation of general intelligence.

Not fully accurate.

Imagine some chad taking if an IQ test because he was told to or he wanted to just for the heck of it. Not going to score too well.

Now imagine some incel/soycel trying to prove to himself that he's high IQ(using the test) despite being an obvious failure their entire life. Not only is this behavior extremely low IQ, they'll probably score pretty well. (I scored 120 something when I was like this)

It basically scales with effort (like anything else) and not 100% measure of intelligence.

Also the old meme of "If you paid for an IQ test, you failed it" applies.

Yeah, about that. Unfortunately this isn't as true as people would like to believe. Even on extreme ends you're going to have strengths and weaknesses. The pattern recognition speed and ability doesn't smoothly transfer in such an ideal way so as to let you unlock any intellectual door of your choosing.

You can put this to a test by getting legitimate geniuses in certain fields to learn completely different fields and produce just as well as the experts in those fields.

All the science proves its the best indicator we have, its far from perfect but it surprisingly good. No one who is figuring out engineering peoblems at nasa has an iq of 65 and no one who struggles on an algebra test in 9th grade has an iq of 140. Everything about creative thinking and problem solving is linked to your score on the iq test, with pretty good correlation. The evidence doesnt lie

They are accurate but they only reflect one aspect of intelligence. In fact i'd go so far as say they don't measure intelligence at least, merely cerebral prowess or virtuosity. Intelligence, true intelligence, is that ability to grasp invisible realities and intelligence and high IQ aren't actually correlated in that sense.

Not really imho. There are even some papers on that subject implying that people just get better at taking IQ tests eventually, kinda like we learn to follow some patterns to solve problems within IQ tests kind making the whole point of making your reasoning work to measure how good you are pointless sometimes.

They are accurate but they only reflect one aspect of intelligence. In fact i'd go so far as say they don't measure intelligence at least, merely cerebral prowess or virtuosity. Intelligence, true intelligence, is that ability to grasp invisible realities and intelligence and high IQ aren't actually correlated in that sense.
this tbh

Not really imho. There are even some papers on that subject implying that people just get better at taking IQ tests eventually, kinda like we learn to follow some patterns to solve problems within IQ tests kind making the whole point of making your reasoning work to measure how good you are pointless sometimes.

The very first official IQ test you take is likely to be the most accurate.

what do you mean by invisible realities?

yes and no tbh. Its testing your mental ability and speed with certain tests/patters which obviously is going to somewhat show how smart you are. But at the same time its not the end all be all to intelligence, its just that you are probably going to score within a range that somewhat matches your actual intelligence. You probably aren't dumb if you score high and if you score low you are either stupid or not trying. I dont think its good for measuring things like memory though since I got a decent score but my memory is fucking trash tier.
I think some people hate on it a lot because theres the reverse issue where people act like IQ is a lot more important than it is/is a guarantee to success. It doesn't matter if you score high on a IQ test if you have zero common sense or aren't sane.

Last edited:
Yes, though you must remember that variables such as mental illness can affect your results. People with inattentive ADHD often score below-average.