Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story ANZAC Day

Defetivecuckachu

Defetivecuckachu

His name's Air Bud, and he's shredding our defense
★★★★★
Today is the official day of military remembrance in New Zealand.

(Brought to you by Quake II in video game as you can see in the photo)

Most of the old soldiers are long dead, and the traditional dawn ceremony attendees are politicians and points scoring people who want to post on social media that they were there.

The date used for it is the anniversary of the day Australian and New Zealand soldiers invaded the Dardanelles in Turkey during WW1. This is an absolutely iconic formative event in our history, the first time NZ as a country had stepped out of being a frontier English colony cutting down trees and making farmland, and went to act in something else overseas.

Every year there's a huge memorial day event at the beach in Turkey where they attacked, hoardes of aussie and NZ tourists turn up to celebrate the invasion, and the months of pointless slaughter before we quit and withdrew. I'm surprised the Turkish locals tolerate it TBH. But then, after the war Kemal Ataturk gave a very moving speech about "your sons now lie in the ground of a friendly country, therefore, may they rest in peace" which New Zealanders seem to take as total moral absolution. I guess Turkey is a grown-up country with a long history and a bit more perspective than what we have?

(As an Anglo colony we are a pretty covert racist society even in this cucked PC Era, and I bet if WW2 Japanese had landed here and killed a lot of people in fighting, we wouldn't tolerate a Japanese memorial day here.)

I continued my family tradition of NOT getting up at sparrow's fart for the dawn parade... My mother's father was in Africa in WW2 fighting against the Afrika corps, and he never went to the memorial ceremonies, never got his old medals out or talked about anything he did. So we took our cue from him, that a bunch of normies acting all faux solemn and patriotic for an hour a year is cringe AF, stay away.

So I took a drive out of town and took my dog for a walk by this lake instead. It was super peaceful, there were no couples, foids or children in attendance. It really felt good to be alive. Thanks, granddad, for not getting shot by Rommell. :feelsokman:

20220425 115637

:feelsaww: I see you getting ready to write TL/DR. IDGAF.

Last edited:
Man used as canon fodder for the elites as always, I’m Turkish

sparrow's fart for the dawn parade... My mother's father was in Africa in WW2 fighting against the Afrika corps, and he never went to the memorial ceremonies, never got his old medals out or talked about anything he did. So we took our cue from him, that a bunch of normies acting all faux solemn and patriotic for an hour a year is cringe AF, stay away.
Very based

moving speech about "your sons now lie in the ground of a friendly country, therefore, may they rest in peace" which New Zealanders seem to take as total moral absolution. I guess Turkey is a grown-up country with a long history and a bit more perspective than what we have?
Yes back then actually Good hearted people controlled Turkey , now the majority would love to brutalize a teenage soldier and took photos with his dead body thinking that he is a traitor cuz he listened to the upper ups

It’s ANZAC day here as well. I don’t really care about it. I’m just happy I get a day off

Yes back then actually Good hearted people controlled Turkey , now the majority would love to brutalize a teenage soldier and took photos with his dead body thinking that he is a traitor cuz he listened to the upper ups
The whole thing seemed like it was a time when men were men, and they knew right from wrong even if their leaders didn't. IIRC several times the Turkish soldiers and the English / Aus / NZ agreed to cease-fires so they could go out into the front line and recover all of their dead bodies to bury.
It must have been tempting to watch the enemy put down their guns and go out in front of you, and just light them up. But they didn't do that, because they had agreed not to.

I can't imagine the slav vs slav in Ukraine right now behaving honorably like that.

The whole thing seemed like it was a time when men were men, and they knew right from wrong even if their leaders didn't. IIRC several times the Turkish soldiers and the English / Aus / NZ agreed to cease-fires so they could go out into the front line and recover all of their dead bodies to bury.
It must have been tempting to watch the enemy put down their guns and go out in front of you, and just light them up. But they didn't do that, because they had agreed not to.

I can't imagine the slav vs slav in Ukraine right now behaving honorably like that.
Yep ,men were honorable back then at least comparing today ,men were men and had decency

Those times are actually more “modern” than right now

lol at dying as a zogbot so your descendents can force people into tolerating black transexual furries

That's very gracious of the Turks. As an American I don't think we'd tolerate a Japanese memorial to their sailors at Midway or any one of a dozen islands we occupy in Pacific. Glad your grandad made it back and never glorified the hell he probably went through

That's very gracious of the Turks. As an American I don't think we'd tolerate a Japanese memorial to their sailors at Midway or any one of a dozen islands we occupy in Pacific. Glad your grandad made it back and never glorified the hell he probably went through
Exactly, it's like the Japanese establishing a permanent monument at pearl harbor to their navy pilots who got shot down. And then 50,000 Japanese tourists show up every year on the anniversary to celebrate their heroes.