Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Anyone think that the reason so many people are afraid of death now is a lack of belief in religion?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24160
  • Start date
Being afraid of death is like being afraid of the 1980s, a time when I didn't exist.

Yeah, it's hard for people to see dreamless sleep as being better than almost any kind of life. If you genuinely want to die then it's probably better to think about where you'd rather be, as opposed to fantasizing about everything you know simply ending.

Yeah, it's hard for people to see dreamless sleep as being better than almost any kind of life. If you genuinely want to die then it's probably better to think about where you'd rather be, as opposed to fantasizing about everything you know simply ending.
That's what a lot of people on that thread were saying.

That's what a lot of people on that thread were saying.

I think it is similar to the philosophical question of would you rather be placed in a box that would simulate your best life or would you rather live outside the box and possibly have a shitty life. This question was posed for discussion in a philosophy class I took while I briefly attended community college. I was the only one who argued for the box. Logically, it makes no sense to not to choose the box, since when you're living outside the box, the sum of life's choices are just you trying to live your ideal life, but in a much more retarded way. At the time, I attributed my classmates opinions as essentially virtue signalling. "I care about truth and reality even though I actually live in and perpetuate false reality all the time" or some shit.

Now I just see it as normies who were born in their ideal box lives and part of the ideal life generated by the box is them saying they wouldn't choose to live in the box they already do.

I think it is similar to the philosophical question of would you rather be placed in a box that would simulate your best life or would you rather live outside the box and possibly have a shitty life. This question was posed for discussion in a philosophy class I took while I briefly attended community college. I was the only one who argued for the box. Logically, it makes no sense to not to choose the box, since when you're living outside the box, the sum of life's choices are just you trying to live your ideal life, but in a much more retarded way. At the time, I attributed my classmates opinions as essentially virtue signalling. "I care about truth and reality even though I actually live in and perpetuate false reality all the time" or some shit.

Now I just see it as normies who were born in their ideal box lives and part of the ideal life generated by the box is them saying they wouldn't choose to live in the box they already do.
What's that last sentence supposed to mean?

What's that last sentence supposed to mean?

Extremely simplified:
That they already live a good life, so they can't really imagine living a bad life. As such, when posed with the question of the box, they choose to live outside the box because they don't have real fear of "possibly living a bad life".

Slightly expanded:
The box simulates a conception of themselves as "free thinkers" who value "truth" and "reality" by incentivizing the endorsement of these beliefs, but not requiring that belief standing up to objective scrutiny. These people endorse the belief that one should not live in the box that simulates your ideal life, yet believe that because they live in a box that simulates their ideal life. Their ideal life is one where they choose to not live in the box so that's what they think while living in the box. It's like the root of where bluepill thinking comes from. I believe in a thing because it allows for the most ideal conception of my life.

I see the opposite religios ppl want to live forever and talk about heaven all the time yet are scared of death and i would chalk this up to extreme narcism we have today i cant imagine anything better than ceasing to exist after death

I see the opposite religios ppl want to live forever and talk about heaven all the time yet are scared of death and i would chalk this up to extreme narcism we have today i cant imagine anything better than ceasing to exist after death
Ok cumbrain.

Ok cumbrain.
BC33C265 4249 46E3 BF27 2B81CD574DFB

got ur ass
F U

I agree and High IQ

I'm somewhat religious and I'm not prepared for death. It's more so that I have no clue where I'm going.
If I wasn't religious, I think it would be even worse. Thinking you just end and that's that.
I think either an afterlife or reincarnation is possible. It easily can be a cope, but it's the one cope keeping me going.

I welcome my black brothers to brown lands. Everyone Islamic male is my brother regardless of race.
your ancestors did not think that they hated niggers dumbass racemixing hippie

your ancestors did not think that they hated niggers dumbass racemixing hippie
I don't have any black people in my family? Unless you count extended relatives, like in-laws. Was told by one of them, an Afghan in-law, that her niece or something was married to a beautiful black man. I was like "What the fuck, since when do ethnics in ethnic country think black men are beautiful?" since people put importance on having fair skin. Made me realize all the more how truly ugly I was, because the same woman would never use that word to describe me.

I don't have any black people in my family? Unless you count extended relatives, like in-laws. Was told by one of them, an Afghan in-law, that her niece or something was married to a beautiful black man. I was like "What the fuck, since when do ethnics in ethnic country think black men are beautiful?" since people put importance on having fair skin. Made me realize all the more how truly ugly I was, because the same woman would never use that word to describe me.
not ur ancestors thye aren t based

not ur ancestors thye aren t based
And your ancestors are crying because their future generations are getting BLACKED and BROWNED. :lul:

And your ancestors are crying because their future generations are getting BLACKED and BROWNED. :lul:
they are not they are scum who support race mixing and degeneracy they also have a towelhead couple as tenants

they are not they are scum who support race mixing and degeneracy they also have a towelhead couple as tenants
Keep pretending none of your relatives have been BLACKED or BROWNED or YELLOWED. Lmao. Deluded cumskin trait if you think so.

Keep pretending none of your relatives have been BLACKED or BROWNED or YELLOWED. Lmao. Deluded cumskin trait if you think so.
I wouldnt be suprised but as far as I know in my family some niggers daughter is frothing over BWC

Nothing dies easy. NOTHING!

I've killed a lot of varmints and food critters over the years.... From mice to deer, nothing wants to die, and will fight (or run) until the very end. only cows just stand there to die. Until they smell death. Then it's too late to run...

Basically. It's natural to fear death.

Being afraid of death is like being afraid of the 1980s, a time when I didn't exist.
I miss the '80s.

Nothing dies easy. NOTHING!

I've killed a lot of varmints and food critters over the years.... From mice to deer, nothing wants to die, and will fight (or run) until the very end. only cows just stand there to die. Until they smell death. Then it's too late to run...

Basically. It's natural to fear death.

I miss the '80s.
Have you ever thought that maybe... just MAYBE... this is why you are a well of ink?

Have you ever thought that maybe... just MAYBE... this is why you are a well of ink?
Not really. It just means you should eat some more soy that my neighbors grew!

That is a very interesting way to look at it mate.

As for my own opinion - I don't particularly fear death despite being a life long atheist, by rights I shouldn't be here at the moment and honestly I have a sort of numb resignation to it all. Life is short. What matters is enjoying yourself as much as possible before oblivion.

I wouldnt be suprised but as far as I know in my family some niggers daughter is frothing over BWC
But you're a hindu dindu shitskin though.

Dying is scary

Religion is a cope

I am already dead, I am not afraid

I welcome death because my soul will depart from this shitty body and this shitty material reality, and I will be united with the true God in the Pleroma.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back