Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone seeing the world in a new light now?

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
Joined
Nov 15, 2017
Posts
5,432
Online
18h 23m
Some years ago I used to visit a small forum for non-NT people like me. Basically a lot of people with political opinions different from the norm. Usually they had other unpopular opinions as well, which made for an interesting reading. We were around 30 active members, and as you can have guessed, all male except for one female.  

Over time I identified a pattern. Around three quarters of the members were dysfunctional people in some way: recurring depression, instability in life, difficulty holding a job. The remaining quarter were roughly functional. But I did not understand at the time what made people functional or not functional, for sometimes they shared the exact same set of opinions. You had, for instance, dysfunctional white nationalists and functional white nationalists. 

It's only years later that I understood what was hidden behind these patterns. 

Basically, the dysfunctional had a common trait I did not see as very important at the time: sustained involuntary celibacy, up to the present moment or in a past period of their life. A lot were virgins. 

The functional either had girlfriends at the present moment, or had fully enjoyed a satisfying LTR not too long ago and had the ability to get one relatively easily if they so chose. 

Another pattern I've noticed is that dysfunction was also positively correlated with atheism. The most Christian members were slightly more functional overall. The correlation was not as strong as with inceldom, though. 

It has now become clear to me that sustained involuntary celibacy/complete inability to cause desire in the opposite sex is more frequent in men than women, and that it causes clinical depression over time, unless a sufficient belief in an afterlife counteracts the process. 

I now understand why more men than women kill themselves, become NEET or become alcoholic and  homeless. I now understand why so many men latch on to delusions and obvious absurdities like TRP/PUA. They just don't want to admit the party is over. I now understand a lot more things that didn't make sense when I was young. 

My view of the world has become darker and I have acquired a new respect for civilization and religion, which were undeniably effective barriers against the damaging side effects of human sexuality.

Now, a bluepilled person reading this may ask: "are you sure inceldom causes depression, and not the reverse?"

Yes, I'm pretty sure. Because one member of the dysfunctional group escaped inceldom at some point after a lucky internet meet-up. He became euphoric and quickly became neurotypical again. He denounced most of his previous political ideas and displayed an optimism I had never seen in him before. 

Only one data point, yes ; but what a strange coincidence.
 
Deleted member 306

Deleted member 306

Incel Superior
-
Joined
Nov 8, 2017
Posts
7,959
Online
3h 10m
Bi7ypO0IEAAk73k.jpg
 
nausea

nausea

Fesikh
★★★★★
Joined
Nov 9, 2017
Posts
16,637
Online
16d 13h 49m
incelman

do not be so sure
 
W

Wizard

Greycel
Joined
Nov 20, 2017
Posts
9
Online
0
I very strongly believe in the work of Ernest Becker if you've read it, his big idea was that culture acts as something that protects us from the truth of the human condition and existence. He sold that as a denial of death in his book, but the human condition and what death "means" would be more accurate I think. There is a value of creating an "other" who you can offload the negatives of the world on to for example, on a subconscious level it provides us a temporary peace from facing the nature of the world.

The last few years I read bits of existentialism and especially Sartre's discussion on what it means to be desired by another human being, and what that means about what you are as some "thing" in the world. I became more and more convinced incels go crazy from effectively being exposed to a reality of the human condition which other people effectively ignore through the cultural aspects of society us low value men are also excluded from. It's not an intellectual achievement but something our experiences forced us to understand, and it's subconscious in a way that you don't need to be verbally intelligent to understand the implications of those experiences.

I'm fully open to the idea that I'm rationalizing the desire for oxytocin and just holding a girls hand is actually the strongest pleasure a human can have, powerful enough to offset all the torment. And maybe incels are living in a society will all the social stress everyone has but without the strongest pleasure that most people have to offset. But I have been a highly dysfunctional person for the last few years in constant emotional pain and catatonic depression, this was the stuff that brought some peace to that constant feeling of pain despite losing friends and it being literal years since I've even hung out with my friendgroup that has females in.

So I agree that being an incel leads to dysfunction but that's my theory. I believe there is a path that can save us and bring us peace, might make me crazy but I can taste it. I've seen you post about how you saw Christianity abandoning its focus on a fallen nature, I found original sin and our fallen nature to be the most compelling part which really turned my opinion around on Christianity. Many writers did too, I'm trying to explore that.
 
Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
Joined
Nov 15, 2017
Posts
5,432
Online
18h 23m
Wizard - > I didn't know about Becker, but I am familiar with this streak of ideas.

My turn to give someone to read: Michel Houellebecq. This best-selling author of French origin, and lifelong incel/volcel, wrote, to my knowledge, the best books ever written on nihilism, religion, depression and involuntary celibacy. Most of them have been translated. I would recommend them all, especially "Atomized". This guy is simply brilliant. That he managed to reach fame and wealth with this kind of books is all the more impressive. He should be venerated more than BlackOps2cel.

One day, if I have time, I will post selected quotes on this forum.
 
W

Wizard

Greycel
Joined
Nov 20, 2017
Posts
9
Online
0
Fontaine said:
Wizard - > I didn't know about Becker, but I am familiar with this streak of ideas.
My turn to give someone to read: Michel Houellebecq. This best-selling author of French origin, and lifelong incel/volcel, wrote, to my knowledge, the best books ever written on nihilism, religion, depression and involuntary celibacy. Most of them have been translated. I would recommend them all, especially "Atomized". This guy is simply brilliant. That he managed to reach fame and wealth with this kind of books is all the more impressive. He should be venerated more than BlackOps2cel.
One day, if I have time, I will post selected quotes on this forum.

I actually have the films based on his books on my computer but never watched them. I think I'll watch one tonight and then maybe read some properly since you endorse them all, thank you. Hopefully they have a cathartic pleasure to them before bed.
 
T

Tuttle

Officer
★★
Joined
Nov 12, 2017
Posts
687
Online
0
Well put. I escaped for a few years long ago and it certainly changed me for the better for a long time. Definitely slipped back after a while, too.


Fontaine said:
... That he managed to reach fame and wealth with this kind of books is all the more impressive....

I mentioned elsewhere that a good portion of movies in pop culture clearly appeal to incels so that shows there are more than you might think otherwise.
 
QuantumDummy

QuantumDummy

solum
★★★★
Joined
Nov 22, 2017
Posts
4,752
Online
0
Wizard said:
I very strongly believe in the work of Ernest Becker if you've read it, his big idea was that culture acts as something that protects us from the truth of the human condition and existence. He sold that as a denial of death in his book, but the human condition and what death "means" would be more accurate I think. There is a value of creating an "other" who you can offload the negatives of the world on to for example, on a subconscious level it provides us a temporary peace from facing the nature of the world.

The last few years I read bits of existentialism and especially Sartre's discussion on what it means to be desired by another human being, and what that means about what you are as some "thing" in the world. I became more and more convinced incels go crazy from effectively being exposed to a reality of the human condition which other people effectively ignore through the cultural aspects of society us low value men are also excluded from. It's not an intellectual achievement but something our experiences forced us to understand, and it's subconscious in a way that you don't need to be verbally intelligent to understand the implications of those experiences.

I'm fully open to the idea that I'm rationalizing the desire for oxytocin and just holding a girls hand  is actually the strongest pleasure a human can have, powerful enough to offset all the torment. And maybe incels are living in a society will all the social stress everyone has but without the strongest pleasure that most people have to offset. But I have been a highly dysfunctional person for the last few years in constant emotional pain and catatonic depression, this was the stuff that brought some peace to that constant feeling of pain despite losing friends and it being literal years since I've even hung out with my friendgroup that has females in.

So I agree that being an incel leads to dysfunction but that's my theory. I believe there is a path that can save us and bring us peace, might make me crazy but I can taste it. I've seen you post about how you saw Christianity abandoning its focus on a fallen nature, I found original sin and our fallen nature to be the most compelling part which really turned my opinion around on Christianity. Many writers did too, I'm trying to explore that.

I really resonate with your post and agree wholeheartedly. My existential ideas were strongest when I smoked weed. I would worry about dying and question my existence the most when I was high, while my senses and awareness were hightened. So now I can't even enjoy something that allowed me to escape reality so many times before.

If I were being validated by women and involved in relationships, I know without a doubt that I wouldn't have turned out this way nor would these types of thoughts torture my mind. All those years being alone with only yourself as company morphs your thought process and the way you see the world. I feel as if there's a nuke within my chest wanting to explode.
 
NegroKing

NegroKing

Mobster
-
Joined
Nov 11, 2017
Posts
2,500
Online
0
This actually happened to me. I fell into major depression in college after getting rejected by females over and over again and am now on the path to becoming a dysfunctional loser unless I off myself. And I've been through a LOT of shit already. But not being able to have that feminine connection is enough to break even the strongest man. I am so far gone at this point that I really don't think even finding a girlfriend would save me. That's how damaging it is.

But society will never ever accept this. They don't care about male suffering. It's not important that men are prevented from going insane and suicidal. What's important to them is that Stacy is able to constantly pursue 6'3 white Chads for her own hedonistic pleasure.
 
blackcel

blackcel

BBC
-
Joined
Nov 17, 2017
Posts
4,938
Online
52m
Yep, this is why I'd say anyone who stayed an incel until 25-ish gets to keep that status for life. All of those years of the sexual starvation plus the psychological abuse we had to endure from normies who take sex for granted has a permanent effect on the brain. Some guys who reach this point still may make it out, but they will always be damaged and slightly insecure.
 
Battlefield3cel

Battlefield3cel

Banned
-
Joined
Nov 9, 2017
Posts
1,178
Online
0
Fontaine said:
Some years ago I used to visit a small forum for non-NT people like me. Basically a lot of people with political opinions different from the norm. Usually they had other unpopular opinions as well, which made for an interesting reading. We were around 30 active members, and as you can have guessed, all male except for one female.  

Over time I identified a pattern. Around three quarters of the members were dysfunctional people in some way: recurring depression, instability in life, difficulty holding a job. The remaining quarter were roughly functional. But I did not understand at the time what made people functional or not functional, for sometimes they shared the exact same set of opinions. You had, for instance, dysfunctional white nationalists and functional white nationalists. 

It's only years later that I understood what was hidden behind these patterns. 

Basically, the dysfunctional had a common trait I did not see as very important at the time: sustained involuntary celibacy, up to the present moment or in a past period of their life. A lot were virgins. 

The functional either had girlfriends at the present moment, or had fully enjoyed a satisfying LTR not too long ago and had the ability to get one relatively easily if they so chose. 

Another pattern I've noticed is that dysfunction was also positively correlated with atheism. The most Christian members were slightly more functional overall. The correlation was not as strong as with inceldom, though. 

It has now become clear to me that sustained involuntary celibacy/complete inability to cause desire in the opposite sex is more frequent in men than women, and that it causes clinical depression over time, unless a sufficient belief in an afterlife counteracts the process. 

I now understand why more men than women kill themselves, become NEET or become alcoholic and  homeless. I now understand why so many men latch on to delusions and obvious absurdities like TRP/PUA. They just don't want to admit the party is over. I now understand a lot more things that didn't make sense when I was young. 

My view of the world has become darker and I have acquired a new respect for civilization and religion, which were undeniably effective barriers against the damaging side effects of human sexuality.

Now, a bluepilled person reading this may ask: "are you sure inceldom causes depression, and not the reverse?"

Yes, I'm pretty sure. Because one member of the dysfunctional group escaped inceldom at some point after a lucky internet meet-up. He became euphoric and quickly became neurotypical again. He denounced most of his previous political ideas and displayed an optimism I had never seen in him before. 

Only one data point, yes ; but what a strange coincidence.

The dark enlightenment
 

Similar threads

Leonardo Part V
Replies
21
Views
868
xXnobodyXx
xXnobodyXx
Deleted member 43928
Replies
0
Views
111
Deleted member 43928
Deleted member 43928
Z
Replies
55
Views
980
Copexodius Maximus
Copexodius Maximus
shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8
Top