Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone of you watching Netflix's Avatar live action?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Tbh I think I'll skip this one for the moment even if I love Avatar the last airbender. I don't feel like watching 8 hours of a badly adapted cartoon show and the latest live action hit (One Piece) was already kinda meh so not excited for Avatar. Doesn't help that they made many changes and the creators just left.

I bet they add feminist shit like Azula was evil because of muh patriarchy and I don't like that sheit kek

One Piece live action is overrated. Not sure why all the stupid normies love it. As for ATLA live action, I'm watching it. Skip it. It has its moments, and there are a few good changes, but most of the changes are ass. And most of the show is super bland and just a worse version than the original.

I avoid all live actions, they always suck.

No. The original series is the best.

No i i don't like avatar and don't even have a jewflix sub

One Piece live action is overrated. Not sure why all the stupid normies love it. As for ATLA live action, I'm watching it. Skip it. It has its moments, and there are a few good changes, but most of the changes are ass. And most of the show is super bland and just a worse version than the original.
Yeah I don't get it either must be normies who never watched One Piece so they think it's awesome or hardcore fanboys who will like anything One Piece related. Regarding ATLA did they ruin Azula much? I liked that she was an irredeemable bitch (not every villain needs a redemption arc) but I can see how would they ruin that in the live action.

No i i don't like avatar and don't even have a jewflix sub
I don't either I just watch them on streaming sites.

Tbh I think I'll skip this one for the moment even if I love Avatar the last airbender. I don't feel like watching 8 hours of a badly adapted cartoon show and the latest live action hit (One Piece) was already kinda meh so not excited for Avatar. Doesn't help that they made many changes and the creators just left.

I bet they add feminist shit like Azula was evil because of muh patriarchy and I don't like that sheit kek
I always avoid live action

I’m waiting for the three body problem adaption, it’s the most creative sci fi story I’ve seen.

Yeah I don't get it either must be normies who never watched One Piece so they think it's awesome or hardcore fanboys who will like anything One Piece related. Regarding ATLA did they ruin Azula much? I liked that she was an irredeemable bitch (not every villain needs a redemption arc) but I can see how would they ruin that in the live action.

I don't either I just watch them on streaming sites.
You fucking called it. They ruined Azula. She's no longer the cold blooded assassin. They try to make her redeemable by being like, she's got perfectionist daddy issues due to her narcissistic dad pitting her against her brother and playing mind games. Like it falls flat, and makes it hard to take her seriously.

You fucking called it. They ruined Azula. She's no longer the cold blooded assassin. They try to make her redeemable by being like, she's got perfectionist daddy issues due to her narcissistic dad pitting her against her brother and playing mind games. Like it falls flat, and makes it hard to take her seriously.
Fuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk I knew they were going to do that :feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

They also ruined Aang's redemption arc by making him go for a ride with Appa to clear his head instead of what actually happened, which was him being a coward and running off from his responsibilities. They totally took that away and expect us to relate to Aang's guilt when Gran Gran tells him he had been frozen for 100 years. Why would he be guilty? Makes no sense if you consider it was a mistake.

I could probably write a book on every single detail and what I thought about it (and I've only finished two episodes), but I'll leave it at this.

Mandatory @slavcel11 mention here.

They also ruined Aang's redemption arc by making him go for a ride with Appa to clear his head instead of what actually happened, which was him being a coward and running off from his responsibilities. They totally took that away and expect us to relate to Aang's guilt when Gran Gran tells him he had been frozen for 100 years. Why would he be guilty? Makes no sense if you consider it was a mistake.

I could probably write a book on every single detail and what I thought about it (and I've only finished two episodes), but I'll leave it at this.

Mandatory @slavcel11 mention here.
I fucking agree. Aang running away is integral to his character. A huge part of the original was Aang having to come to terms with his guilt from running away and feeling responsible for the death of his people. There is no reason for him to feel guilty anymore cause of derpy derpy accidental storm. There's some changes because of that, but not gonna spoil it if you're only 2 eps in. It's still trash, but still don't want to spoil that trash for anyone who actually wants to watch it.

I fucking agree. Aang running away is integral to his character. A huge part of the original was Aang having to come to terms with his guilt from running away and feeling responsible for the death of his people. There is no reason for him to feel guilty anymore cause of derpy derpy accidental storm. There's some changes because of that, but not gonna spoil it if you're only 2 eps in. It's still trash, but still don't want to spoil that trash for anyone who actually wants to watch it.
You can use spoiler
Spoiler

I'm 3 episodes in. I haven't re-watched the original in years but I could feel a lot of things missing. Katara's actor is so bad, it's too hard to ignore. Things are rushed as hell but, the effects are good. It's better than most live action remakes but it's not as good as the original at all.

I guess foids just had to have some relatable "bad ass" girl in the show, and a girl like that can't be completely corrupted. The thing I liked about Azula and even admired as a kid, was that she was calculating and always knew her way out of any difficult situation. She wasn't relatable at all, you knew she would stick to her ways to the end. That said I haven't watched the show, and don't know if I will. Live action adaptations are cringy as fuck and underwhelming in general, I have no idea why would someone want to watch this shit. Like you can never have perfect cast for any 2d hand drawn character, human or not.

On that note I also dislike the canon where Zuko joins the avatar team and redeems himself and aids them for fucking what. He may not be loyal to his father, but from the very beginning we knew him as an ambitious man who had his own take on the situation. And to just surrender at the mercy of "the good guys" like that, to me was anticlimactic and out of character. I know this is a kids show, and in a way that was expected, but. His character too, didn't have to be redeemable. The way I see it, he would continue to try to kill the avatar and in the end he would face his sister once again, without any help. And of her hand he would be slain. The only natural ending for a conflicting character who swung back and forth between the good and the evil all along. And didn't listen to anyone and did everything his way and such was his fate.

Last edited:
I guess foids just had to have some relatable "bad ass" girl in the show, and a girl like that can't be completely corrupted. The thing I liked about Azula and even admired as a kid, was that she was calculating and always knew her way out of any difficult situation. She wasn't relatable at all, you knew she would stick to her ways to the end. That said I haven't watched the show, and don't know if I will. Live action adaptations are cringy as fuck and underwhelming in general, I have no idea why would someone want to watch this shit. Like you can never have perfect cast for any 2d hand drawn character, human or not.
Yeah, definitely just skip it. It is super fucking cringy. Especially the dialogue. It's literally full of unnatural exposition that would only somewhat work in 2d animation. In live action, that shit just comes off super unnatural.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back