Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone into GNU+Linux or wants to get into it?

StormWind

StormWind

Shocked with a dosage of reality
★★★★★
Here's a cope that I found very effective, computers. Now I'm not a computer-engineer or anything, but I find it to be worthwhile yet productive hobby. I was tired of Windows 10 always spying on me and forcing updates. From my perspective since I can't control my reality, I can find another way. Which using a free and open-source OS means you can tailor things to your workflow and your preferences. It's probably the only thing that keeps me sane. Any other Linux users or ones who uses alternative software? (I use POP!_OS btw.)

I use windows

iu

BRB GOING TO ROPE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BRB GOING TO ROPE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Don't. I am a linux user as well, fuck these tech-illiterate lazy normalfags.

I use pop_os! as well but I am planning on migrating to Qubes OS once I get a second PC

Don't. I am a linux user as well, fuck these tech-illiterate lazy normalfags.

I use pop_os! as well but I am planning on migrating to Qubes OS once I get a second PC

Oh god thanks, and wow holy shit the same system. Oh yeah isn't that the one that Eddy Snow himself uses? It's usually used inside a VM/KVM. Isolation protection, neat.

Oh god thanks, and wow holy shit the same system. Oh yeah isn't that the one that Eddy Snow himself uses? It's usually used inside a VM/KVM. Isolation protection, neat.

Yup the only problem is that gaming on Qubes OS would suck because every program you open is forced to open in a VM and last time I heard if you use GPU passthrough security gets compromised, and that is why I need a second PC.

Yup the only problem is that gaming on Qubes OS would suck because every program you open is forced to open in a VM and last time I heard if you use GPU passthrough security gets compromised, and that is why I need a second PC.
Make sure it's compatible with coreboot/libreboot. Thinking about getting a T60 or a X60 with a free-wifi card. But that's just preference.

Make sure it's compatible with coreboot/libreboot. Thinking about getting a T60 or a X60 with a free-wifi card. But that's just preference.

Do you know how to troubleshoot wine? I reinstalled my system and tried to install hitman codename 47 (using a pirated gog installer) on playonlinux but it's having problems in the setup process (this game used to work fine before), I also tried on lutris but not luck so far (eventually got so annoyed that I ended up reinstalling windows 10 just to test if the installer is broken but it's not)

Do you know how to troubleshoot wine? I reinstalled my system and tried to install hitman codename 47 (using a pirated gog installer) on playonlinux but it's having problems in the setup process (this game used to work fine before), I also tried on lutris but not luck so far (eventually got so annoyed that I ended up reinstalling windows 10 just to test if the installer is broken but it's not)

Hmmm if that fails then try to find any directionaries for a prior install and delete those. Try emulating a virtual desktop as well, and make sure that your installer has all of the dependecies needed. I installed some pirated Steam games before and you need a Steam dependecy thingamajiggy. Maybe you're missing that, or you could find a portable version of it. It also could be where you install it as well, perhaps you need to create directionaries for pre-installation. Worst case-scenario you need to find another version of that game and try again.

Hmmm if that fails then try to find any directionaries for a prior install and delete those. Try emulating a virtual desktop as well, and make sure that your installer has all of the dependecies needed. I installed some pirated Steam games before and you need a Steam dependecy thingamajiggy. Maybe you're missing that, or you could find a portable version of it. It also could be where you install it as well, perhaps you need to create directionaries for pre-installation. Worst case-scenario you need to find another version of that game and try again.

Do you know how to setup servers on riot/matrix (because fuck discord)? we could make a gnu/linux incels server and learn together with other comrades

Do you know how to create servers on riot/matrix (because fuck discord)? we could make a gnu/linux incels server and learn together with other comrades

Perhaps but there's plenty of Riot servers that has Linux chats. But I also have a Telegram or Insta. Probably not that different from making a Discord server.

Perhaps but there's plenty of Riot servers that has Linux chats. But I also have a Telegram or Insta. Probably not that different from making a Discord server.

No no the setup is actually different because discord's "servers" are not really servers at all. Also the point is that it would be an incel server (I guess we don't even need the "gnu/linux" in the name because pretty much everybody who uses matrix uses linux aswell), I want this because the riot community is full of SJWs and that it's just sad for such a amazing piece of software, I feel alone everywhere I go welp!

btw what is insta?

also telegram is closed source software that links your real info (cellphone number) to your ID, terrible option really, terrible.

I have installed both Windows and Linux.

I use Void Linux on laptop, and the desktop I'm using rn, I'm using Debian.
Screenshot 4

I'm using Peppermint on my ~10 yo laptop
it runs pretty good ngl

Here's a cope that I found very effective, computers. Now I'm not a computer-engineer or anything, but I find it to be worthwhile yet productive hobby. I was tired of Windows 10 always spying on me and forcing updates. From my perspective since I can't control my reality, I can find another way. Which using a free and open-source OS means you can tailor things to your workflow and your preferences. It's probably the only thing that keeps me sane. Any other Linux users or ones who uses alternative software? (I use POP!_OS btw.)
I am linuxpilled tbh I've been using it since the 2000s.

Whenever I need a Linux distro I just use a Beaglebone or Raspi with Debian images. I used to have a dualboot with Ubuntu, but I barely used Linux tbh. I also hated dealing with drivers

Whenever I need a Linux distro I just use a Beaglebone or Raspi with Debian images. I used to have a dualboot with Ubuntu, but I barely used Linux tbh. I also hated dealing with drivers

If you use Nvidia then use Linux Mint or POP!_OS.

Linux is more compatible with free hardware such as Intel/AMD.

If you use Nvidia then use Linux Mint or POP!_OS.

Linux is more compatible with free hardware such as Intel/AMD.
I'm currently on AMD. POP!_OS does seem interesting though :waitwhat:

Ok GrAYcel

even knowing what Linux is, is a truecel trait

even knowing what Linux is, is a truecel trait

Not that obscure really. Whenever you want to download a program like a game you'll see a version "for Linux." What is trucel is actually using it as your daily driver.

What Distro you use?
I like Debian and Lubuntu. Lubuntu is just based on Debian, anyway. For both I just use the minimal install. I don't need any bloat. Then I install apps as i need them. People get really picky about linux flavs but the thing about it is it is almost all the same. I began using compters with MS-DOS, so the text-based nature of linux wasnt foreign at all to me. Honestly modern Windows computers are foreign to me and I never use them. I was at a hospital recently on a borrowed laptop. I had no idea how to use that Windows 10. Just none. I stuck to basic stuff in the browser and left Windows alone. I really need a linux terminal or I start to have panic attacks these days ngl

I want to be computer programmer but I don’t want to read your whole thread

I like Debian and Lubuntu. Lubuntu is just based on Debian, anyway. For both I just use the minimal install. I don't need any bloat. Then I install apps as i need them. People get really picky about linux flavs but the thing about it is it is almost all the same. I began using compters with MS-DOS, so the text-based nature of linux wasnt foreign at all to me. Honestly modern Windows computers are foreign to me and I never use them. I was at a hospital recently on a borrowed laptop. I had no idea how to use that Windows 10. Just none. I stuck to basic stuff in the browser and left Windows alone. I really need a linux terminal or I start to have panic attacks these days ngl

Same, I couldn't handle not updating when you want and having less of a choice in terms of my interface. Plus most programs for Windows often have a paid feature to them. While things with an Linux audience in mind is FOSS.

But really at it's core all distros are the same. But I use POP!_OS because apt has a versatile list of commands and that it has a nifty reinstaller with great documentation. At this point I'm totally content with my system.
I want to be computer programmer but I don’t want to read your whole thread

Same, get into Linux. Windows and Mac is too restrictive. In short.
>no I don't use Linux loser
>yes I cope with it

Linux is open source so you can male any tweaks to it. Even the package managers can download more support for various languages.

In terms of learning there's YouTube. But stick to C, C++, Python, and Rust.
I'm using Peppermint on my ~10 yo laptop
it runs pretty good ngl

Damn nigga
yes, looks like we found the foid:feelsbaton:
let's get 'em boys

Nice, Peppermint's pretty nice and light

Linux also has great support for doom wads
I use Void Linux on laptop, and the desktop I'm using rn, I'm using Debian.
View attachment 236182

My friend uses it. Has a decent repo. Albeit documentation is not the best.
No no the setup is actually different because discord's "servers" are not really servers at all. Also the point is that it would be an incel server (I guess we don't even need the "gnu/linux" in the name because pretty much everybody who uses matrix uses linux aswell), I want this because the riot community is full of SJWs and that it's just sad for such a amazing piece of software, I feel alone everywhere I go welp!

btw what is insta?

also telegram is closed source software that links your real info (cellphone number) to your ID, terrible option really, terrible.

Oh god

Last edited: