Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Anyone here who also likes caves?

L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
Is anyone here a caver or otherwise interested in caves? Did anyone here visit a cave or has any recommendations for caves?

As a child I loved caves and I really liked the idea of caving before listening to the accidents in the Nutty Putty cave and other caving accidents. I still remember how I was in Jugoslavia as a child and saw an Olm (cave salamander) there for the first time in my life - and they also had prehistoric animal skeletons (like cave bears) in the cave. Nowadays I would only visit these show caves because of claustrophobia/other reasons.

My favorite cave is the Movile cave which is unique due to its unique ecosystem with many blind animals (for example: blind water scorpions), but it isn't open for visitors sadly. I want to visit the Hermannshöhle in Germany which also displays prehistoric animals (like bear skeletons) and Olms (which don't naturally occur there, but were imported by a couple decades ago and nearly bred there) and the Eisenriesenwelt in Austria (the largest ice cave in the world where palpigrades were found for the first time on Austrian soil by a caver that died a few months later). And I would also like to see the Cueva de las Serpientes Colgantes in Mexico where there is an entire population of yellow-eyed rat snakes that feeds on bats and also the blind brotula. The cave systems in Africa with the cave-dwelling bony crocodiles are also interesting, but sadly they are unreachable, dangerous and full of guano/bat shit.

A few years ago I also considered keeping some cave animals like the cave-dwelling beauty rat snake which (mainly) lives in caves, often feeds on bats and looks exactly like the rocks in the caves (it's quite easy to keep/breed in captivity and eats rodents of all size, it can even catch them when you throw them at it). And I also liked the Blind Mexican tetra and cave snakeheads (sadly the latter are unavailable at the moment).

Last edited:
I love caves but the caves around here were all formed in limestone which isn’t very sturdy, it’s pretty fucking dangerous to explore them

A nice wild refuge assuming no bears, wolves, or mountain lions inhabit them. Go into a cavern where there is a mother bear and her cubs you're going to have a bad day.

Last edited:
A nice wild refuge assuming no bears, wolves, or mountain lions inhabit them. Go into a cavern where there is a mother bear and her cubs you're going to have a bad day.
In very very old times it would probably be raptors you had to deal with ngl @Emba

Is anyone here a caver or otherwise interested in caves? Did anyone here visit a cave or has any recommendations for caves?

As a child I loved caves and I really liked the idea of caving before listening to the accidents in the Nutty Putty cave and other caving accidents. I still remember how I was in Jugoslavia as a child and saw an Olm (cave salamander) there for the first time in my life - and they also had prehistoric animal skeletons (like cave bears) in the cave. Nowadays I would only visit these show caves because of claustrophobia/other reasons.

My favorite cave is the Movile cave which is unique due to its unique ecosystem with many blind animals (for example: blind water scorpions), but it isn't open for visitors sadly. I want to visit the Hermannshöhle in Germany which also displays prehistoric animals (like bear skeletons) and Olms (which don't naturally occur there, but were imported by a couple decades ago and nearly bred there) and the Eisenriesenwelt in Austria (the largest ice cave in the world where palpigrades were found for the first time on Austrian soil by a caver that died a few months later). And I would also like to see the Cueva de las Serpientes Colgantes in Mexico where there is an entire population of yellow-eyed rat snakes that feeds on bats and also the blind brotula. The cave systems in Africa with the cave-dwelling bony crocodiles are also interesting, but sadly they are unreachable, dangerous and full of guano/bat shit.

A few years ago I also considered keeping some cave animals like the cave-dwelling beauty rat snake which (mainly) lives in caves, often feeds on bats and looks exactly like the rocks in the caves (it's quite easy to keep/breed in captivity and eats rodents of all size, it can even catch them when you throw them at it). And I also liked the Blind Mexican tetra and cave snakeheads (sadly the latter are unavailable at the moment).
I love caves but the caves around here were all formed in limestone which isn’t very sturdy, it’s pretty fucking dangerous to explore them
In very very old times it would probably be raptors you had to deal with ngl @Emba

View: https://youtu.be/D1joJKopHl8

Thoughts?

GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING PUSSY WANTS A WILDLIFE REFUGE WITH NO WILDLIFE!
What do you expect to eat? Baby bears are tasty! And you can make a lot of stuff from a mother bear.

Just webear (or beware) that bears STINK!

Never been in a cave, sounds interesting though.

GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING PUSSY WANTS A WILDLIFE REFUGE WITH NO WILDLIFE!
imo raptors > bears
Unless you are talking purely mammals for ice age type scenery. Lots of caves back then ngl

Me nigga. Caves be dope. If anything they are peaceful at times. Especially if they got some crystals on the wall
Felt that.

I like exploring caves in Minecraft