Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming anyone here set up controllers to play their PC games before, instead of just keyboard/mouse?

Wiz32BlackJiggaboo

Wiz32BlackJiggaboo

Paragon
★★★★★
I'm not a nerdy as I like to think of myself because I've never quite mastered this, but the importance of ergonomics as you descend into arthritic-old-man status becomes increasingly important, so I want to give it a go.

I want to kill monsters while staring at some cute waifus so I was thinking of trying out this genshin impact game (downloading all 30gb of it now) but don't have a PS4/PS5 to do it, so am using a PC.

Apparently a lot of these aren't plug and play (bluetooth def, since there's no plug) but in some cases you need emulator software and there could be compatibility problems?

Feeling very out of my element and low-IQ but I need to get some grinding in to cure my stress.

I just use an Xbox 360 controller with a cord. It's usb and windows plug n play. But I mainly played older emulator games.

If you want to get tricky, you can use software like xpadder to use the controller in windows. I set up mouse and keyboard controls so I could play vlc movies without getting out of bed. It can autodetect vlc and you can set up the controller to fast forward rewind etc.

Last edited:
I'm the opposite. Can't do shit with a controller, need keyboard and mouse

I'm not a nerdy as I like to think of myself because I've never quite mastered this, but the importance of ergonomics as you descend into arthritic-old-man status becomes increasingly important, so I want to give it a go.

I want to kill monsters while staring at some cute waifus so I was thinking of trying out this genshin impact game (downloading all 30gb of it now) but don't have a PS4/PS5 to do it, so am using a PC.

Apparently a lot of these aren't plug and play (bluetooth def, since there's no plug) but in some cases you need emulator software and there could be compatibility problems?

Feeling very out of my element and low-IQ but I need to get some grinding in to cure my stress.

I bought an xbox controller and PS4 controller for pc ,I like spending money
I’m good on both but better in controller

I just use an Xbox 360 controller with a cord. It's usb and windows plug n play. But I mainly played older emulator games.
Even though I can in theory do wireless a cord is probably better idea so I don't need to use batteries.

I just have this history of severing headphones by accidentally pulling on cords. Plus there's only 2 USB connections in front so I would need a long cord to connect it by back.

If you want to get tricky, you can use software like xpadder to use the controller in windows.
I set up mouse and keyboard controls so I could play vlc movies without getting out of bed.
It can autodetect vlc and you can set up the controller to fast forward rewind etc.
That sounds cool though I'd need to rotate my monitor to face bed. Def easier on back and to relax, though my room is noisy shit no matter how I position myself so I will never again enjoy my animu as I once did
I'm the opposite. Can't do shit with a controller, need keyboard and mouse
I think it depends a lot on which game it is TBH.

Like for exampel if I'm using Steam to play games originally released on console then they end up emulating a controller so setting it back there would work.

I wouldn't want to play Diablo or Tribes via a controller though. Least I don't think I would. Maybe I'd surprise myself.
I bought an xbox controller
360 or One?
and PS4 controller for pc ,I like spending money
I’m good on both but better in controller
I guess I'm thinking "I'd get a controller bundled if I bought the console so should I just buy the console?"

i just plug my ps4 controller into my desktop. i usually use it for games that are heavy in melee/fighting like For Honor, DMC5, Metal Gear Rising, Mortal Kombat 11, Dark Souls 3, and Yakuza 0/Kiwami. i occasionally use it for flying a plane in GTA 5 cause the keyboard controls bother me

i just plug my ps4 controller into my desktop. i usually use it for games that are heavy in melee/fighting like For Honor, DMC5, Metal Gear Rising, Mortal Kombat 11, Dark Souls 3, and Yakuza 0/Kiwami. i occasionally use it for flying a plane in GTA 5 cause the keyboard controls bother me
I'm just imagining lying back in chair with elbows at sides, must be nice... gotta invest.

Chair-wise does anyone locate high-back comp chairs? Mine only comes up to mid-scapulae so my shoulders/neck/head hover

am thinking a chair where you lie back against a pad would be cool though I might need to move desk further from wall to have room.

I'm just imagining lying back in chair with elbows at sides, must be nice... gotta invest.

Chair-wise does anyone locate high-back comp chairs? Mine only comes up to mid-scapulae so my shoulders/neck/head hover

am thinking a chair where you lie back against a pad would be cool though I might need to move desk further from wall to have room.
everyone i know usually owns one of these:
Amazon product ASIN B075V63NQXView: https://www.amazon.com/Devoko-Ergonomic-Adjustable-High-Back-Executive/dp/B075V63NQX/ref=asc_df_B075V63NQX/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=475750957837&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2307647914174631256&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004077&hvtargid=pla-1173799618502&psc=1

i'm just using a chair from my dining table :feelskek:

everyone i know usually owns one of these
" Load capacity: 300 LBS,"
I hate how I'm <40lbs away so this concerns me.

Definitely attractive if I can get it under 100, good chair is worth investing.

Does your kitchen chair even tilt back? You must be a fitcel/slimcel/youngcel for your back to tolerate the lack of tilt options.

80 or 100 us for a Devoko works out to 103/128...
my local store has a "Brassex Eclipse Ergonomic Vinyl Gaming Chair" for 130 (100 off) though it doesn't look quite as ergonomic as other models... there's no curved back (ie side rest) nor neck pillow nor lumbar pillow

I could also get a ViscoLogic for that (370) but via online marketplace only (not in-store).
It does look a bitg more appealing since it comes with an optional-use footrest
just nervous about ordering because I don't know how accountable these distributors are

NazPro and MotionGrey seem to have the same true-ergonomic design as Visco, and all three resemble the Devoko you linked... def want

any thoughts on these "gaming chair" things? apparently has lighting, not sure why, so you can have lights off and see controller in hands? not sure if worth extra 50 bucks... seems like batteries would be hassle

Last edited:
Does your kitchen chair even tilt back? You must be a fitcel/slimcel/youngcel for your back to tolerate the lack of tilt options.
nah it doesn't tilt back. and yeah, i'm young (18)
this is my chair:
Screenshot 107

ignore the toy car :worryfeels:, i don't use it

If its a game that's aim heavy or doesn't make sense to use a controller than no.

Games like bioshock or borderlands for example.

If it's a game like YS that focuses more on reaction timing and mashing am attack button, then I opt for a controller

it's my heat, nigga. in case anybody ever pulls up :feelsdevil:

jk, it's a journal i used to write in, but stopped cause i didn't have much time to write. i guess i could continue, but i'm usually not motivated enough to do so.

I have an Xbox controller that I sometimes use for PC games.

Depends on the game

I use an Xbox controller and plug it into my pc for the few games that I prefer a controller

I play every game with a controller, even the ones that doesnt support it. I just never got used to sitting near the monitor with an mouse and keyboard. I owned so many brands of controllers, collecting them was my hobby one period of life.

Yeah but it’s messy. I prefer using consoles with the gamepad.

No I don't but I probably should tbh, Driving/flying controls in almost every game suck ass on a K&M.

I do both actually.
There are some games who are meant to be played with a gamepad.
Assassins Creed for example.

Only for emulators. For PC games, I only ever use mouse and keyboard. Sole exception: Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. I use an Xbox controller, sometimes, when I don't feel like using keyboard.