Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anyone here play an instrument?

SOCIALSUICIDE

SOCIALSUICIDE

⬛⬚ ⬚ ⬚ ⬚ ⬚
-
I have to say, playing an instrument is one of my most enjoyable copes, second to videogames. The experience I get trying to play along my J-Pop and J-Rock songs are just a blast. I play the bass so its kinda easy playing along and since I dont have a good speaker the songs come naturally without the bass and I just fill it up with my bass guitar.

Shiochan 1

I have to say that playing J-Rock is one of the hardest because the bass is all over the place, not easy and repetitive like western music were they dont care about bass players and the bass line is just mediocre at best.

Anyone here play an instrument?

I play piano, viola and guitar

I played the saxophone for a few years

I attempted to play the guitar one time 16 years ago and I still have it in my attic collecting dust

my instrument is called, depression

I have a bass but i only play it once in a blue moon.

I have to say that playing J-Rock is one of the hardest because the bass is all over the place, not easy and repetitive like western music were they dont care about bass players and the bass line is just mediocre at best.

Post a few examples of J rock songs with cool/complex/challenging/fun bass lines.

The piano and the guitar.

no, but your dad plays the skin flute

I play guitar. Started at 14 Im now 27 , Never stopped and recently getting into jazz and classical guitar

Thats a very, very ignorant comment...

The only instrument I still practice occasionally is the piano. I used to play piano, violin and guitar. But the last guitar I had is broken and in the trash and violin I don't practice anymore. It's much harder than piano, imho. Piano at least immediately sounds right, but getting a right tone out of a violin is hard enough already:

Still waiting for examples of interesting/complex J Rock basslines.

But it is absolutely true in western rock/pop most bass lines are incredibly simple and just follow the guitar chords with rare little fills. Not true of all bands/genres but in general it is.

Still waiting for examples of interesting/complex J Rock basslines.

But it is absolutely true in western rock/pop most bass lines are incredibly simple and just follow the guitar chords with rare little fills. Not true of all bands/genres but in general it is.

Most top of the 40s shit Im guessing. Even in pop music there are some reallh groovy cool basslines (even if its not the majority of it) but this guy comment was beyond ignorant - I knew a guy like him who would diss all western popular music as "normie boring stuff" and he listened to… yeah j rock and shit alike

@RageAgainstTDL You can find that almost every j-pop j-rock song has the bass guitar as an independent instrument with its own role, the only time the bass follows the guitar is to emphatize the chorus or important pieces in the song.

examples:

I play guitar. Started at 14 Im now 27 , Never stopped and recently getting into jazz and classical guitar

But it's true, as a bass player, I experienced that first hand. Im not making shit up

Last edited:
@RageAgainstTDL You can find that almost every j-pop j-rock song has the bass guitar as an independent instrument with its own role, the only time the bass follows the guitar is to emphatize the chorus or important pieces in the song.

examples:

But it's true, as a bass player, I experienced that first hand. Im not making shit up

If that's the sort of music that's popular in Japan, then they've moved to a completely different aesthetic than the west. The compositions of those songs are quite busy and cluttered by western standards. I don't say that in a bad way. Just by comparison.

In general, a very highly mobile and melodic bassline will create a degree of chaos in songs which is sometimes desirable and sometimes not.

By contrast, western music has moved to a level of absolute and complete minimalism and simplicity that there's basically nothing left at all:

In rock music, the grunge and modern rock era have pushed toward simpler bass lines too, as people have wanted a bass line that reinforces the power chords or maj/min strumming rather than distracting from it.

Busy basslines like you posted are far less common in popular Western music because I think popular Western music has tried to be less busy in general over time. Until we've reached the current point where it couldn't get any dumber. Simplicity is nice. Primary colors are nice. But I don't think music should be like a child's painting which unfortunately it now is over here for a large part.

I feel like the Kanye song I posted is just plain embarrassing that anyone listens to that. I feel like it's Idiocracy incarnate.

i can play guitar and a little bit of bass and harmonica

used to play guitar in late elementary/middle school. Lost the passion and then later tried to teach myself how to produce EDM music at the end of 9th grade. That did not go well for me...

I wanted to learn guitar but never could.

@RageAgainstTDL Its hard to disagree, I agree with a lot of what you said. Anyway dude, check this song out

This song is very special because its a cluster fuck of chaotic instruments and clogging BUT, there is a point in time in the song that every instrument go in harmony together to create this deep drop that when I heard it, it gave me chills tbh...

Watch the whole video, the chaos and clogging, the bass,violin,drum,voice,guitars,piano suddenly merge at the end of 2:15 starts at 2:16 and ends at 2:17

Go to exactly 2:00, feel the start and the climax/end at 2:17

Just something I wanted to share with you :heart:

I played when I was a kid, but took a 10 year break because LDAR and muh vidya. I bought an Epiphone Les Paul with Gibson 57 pickups not long ago because I didn't want to spend more than 600 euros on my first real guitar.

I love it and I haven't really forgotten how to play. I still know all the basic shit (chords, power chords, alternate picking, fingerstyle), now I'm learning scales, improv, theory etc.

I'm done with vidya, PC components and consoles. It's all about music now and I'm saving up for a proper American-made guitar tbh. I'll probably end up getting a Gibson SG in a few years.

Last edited:
I play guitar but I'm decent at best

I played drums for more than 10 years. I can play guitar as well.

I played when I was a kid, but took a 10 year break because LDAR and muh vidya. I bought an Epiphone Les Paul with Gibson 57 pickups not long ago because I didn't want to spend more than 600 euros on my first real guitar.

I love it and I haven't really forgotten how to play. I still know all the basic shit (chords, power chords, alternate picking, fingerstyle), now I'm learning scales, improv, theory etc.

I'm done with vidya, PC components and consoles. It's all about music now and I'm saving up for a proper American-made guitar tbh. I'll probably end up getting a Gibson SG in a few years.
That's a really great mindset to have. I disarmed my pc to stop playing vidya. I have More Time to play and practice

This is my favorite instrument.
KSG2__31610.1412617043.jpg

I use to play the trumpet, French horn, trombone and tuba. I haven't played any of them since I moved out of my parents house.

I play the fap flute, its a one handed instrument with every little variation on the notes you can make, it doesn't make beautiful music, but playing it just feels right you know.

I play guitar. It's one of the only things I can do that truly takes me away from inceldom.

Guitar - truly one of my best copes

That's a really great mindset to have. I disarmed my pc to stop playing vidya. I have More Time to play and practice
I don't even enjoy games anymore. I'm done with them for good.
At least I still enjoy listening to and playing music. Games are trash.

If you think

examples:

Western music has some good basd línea, you haven't probably dug into the right gentes/artists

I play my dick once a week.