Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Anyone here only interested in hard sci fi and military tech?

SUH

SUH

Veteran
Because these are the only things I'm interested in and cant talk about anything else. I cant even strike up a conversation with fellow autists because no one is interested in this stuff. Also no military technology is the only interest with zero femoid population.

I'm currently thinking about wether it will be useful for future military combat starships to have sloped armor and wether this will help with stopping railgun rounds(I believe lasers, and nuclear HEAT rounds, will have a harder time penetrating sloped armor due to normalization).

Also, IMO gun launched ATGMs are really useful for tanks since they increase range massively, which makes them useful when on the defensive, and this allows them to engage hull down heavily armored MBTs more effectively due to higher penetration and accuracy(This was very useful in case the soviets attacked NATO, since their gun launched ATGMs could easily penetrate most NATO armor(For example, the ubiquitous Bastion(For T-55AMs),Refleks(T-80s) and Svir( for T-72Bs) had around 650-750mm penetration from their main warhead(the secondary charge of the tandem warhead could add another 100-200mm of penetration), enough to penetrate the M1A1HA, Challenger 1 mk.2 and Leopard 2A4, NATO's most heavily armored tanks, which had around 600-700mm max HEAT protection at the time).

I watched Gundam seed destiny

You could say yes and I also like space scifi

I watched Gundam seed destiny
Mechs are horrifically inefficient compared to something like a tank or dedicated space ship(ground pressure, internal volume, weapons coverage, etc), so its not hard sci fi.

Among animes, the most realistic sci fi space battles are from legend of the galactic heroes due to newtonian physics. I'm hoping for a hard sci fi that does away with the space fighter trope(the expanse counts maybe but hate the plot and the schizo tech).

I'm interested at the design and develoment of the Praetor Suit funtional (Doom guy armor)