Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Anyone have moments of extreme depression worse than normal?

A

a1mless

Recruit
★★★★
Let's face it, most of us are always depressed, but we can still function, go to work even, just live day by day. Every few months though like today I just get extremely depressed, lay in bed all day, don't eat or anything. Sometimes it can last a week. Does this happen to anyone else here?

Nope, my background depression level is very stable.

Yeah it’s pretty common. I spent the entire summer in my bed.

I have had a couple of moments of suicidal idealation over the past year. During one of these periods I had a gun in my hand and started physically shaking and had to walk away.
I have also had a couple of random days when I woke up and didn't feel depressed at all, like I was walking on a cloud.

Generally tho, my depression is always on at a 5 level in the background and prevents me from feeling any emotion too deeply in any direction. I'm almost always apathetic with brief surges of anger.

I have had a couple of moments of suicidal idealation over the past year. During one of these periods I had a gun in my hand and started physically shaking and had to walk away.
I have also had a couple of random days when I woke up and didn't feel depressed at all, like I was walking on a cloud.

Generally tho, my depression is always on at a 5 level in the background and prevents me from feeling any emotion too deeply in any direction. I'm almost always apathetic with brief surges of anger.
I can understand that, today I just feel extreme pain.

Haven't had one in months

There are spikes.

A few years ago I had such a spike in my depression levels that I did not leave my house for more than 6 months. I was seriously very close to suicide back then.

When I wake up I am in a HORRIBLE MOOD

I can understand that, today I just feel extreme pain.

Tbqh, there's no quick solution to feeling better. You've just gotta ride it out, one way or another.
Although getting a Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carl's Jr (TM) did make me feel momentarily better on my last bout of extreme depression.

Well i sit in bed while youre at school. I have 2x the hours of ldaring per day than you
Well that was before IM neet now nigga

Let's face it, most of us are always depressed, but we can still function, go to work even, just live day by day. Every few months though like today I just get extremely depressed, lay in bed all day, don't eat or anything. Sometimes it can last a week. Does this happen to anyone else here?
If I don't do my routine of music heavy in the morning, coding, and heavy heavy squats deads bench, cycling, everything goes to shit
And I'm in bed, or /and cooming.

yeah, i cant do anything anymore. beinrg around people is too painful cus of the mogging

Yes, normally my depression is very stable but occasionally I have episodes where it gets really bad and it comes on me almost like a panic attack. A few nights ago I was unable to even sleep, I just laid there staring up at the ceiling in misery

Absolutely. Ebbs and flows.

I have moments where I feel utterly hopeless and angry. I end up smashing things in my room, slapping and punching my head, and ripping up old pictures of myself. My mom had put up every school pic of me as a young kid in my room and I tore them up pretty bad last time I had a sad/ rage episode. I knew my mom would probably start crying if she saw it, so I painstakingly glued them back together and ironed out the creases