Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Anyone else thinks plastic surgeons are political cowards?

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
They basically never stand up for themselves or their patients.

They allow mainstream culture and the media to continously shit on cosmetic surgery and walk over them. Basically 99/100 media reports on cosmetic surgery are negative.

They never lobby or organize for better recognition of the importance of surgery, the sometimes life-changing effects of surgery, or for health insurance reimbursement of plastic surgery, which has been completely removed from public healthcare systems in a lot of European countries.

They allow psychiatrists and therapists to spout their bullshit about "you need to accept yourself as you are" without contradiction. They never engaged in debate about that with religious figures either, as far as I know.

They rarely run studies on their patient cohorts to destroy the myth that the lives and mental state of patients who undergo surgery are not improved. (I've only seen one such study, on double jaw surgery. It's what you would expect, large, lasting gains in happiness and confidence).

Too many SJW "be yourself" cucks

It's no different than the "looks don't matter" trope. Society does one thing, but does another. Doesn't stop thousands of people from getting surgeries.

It would probably benefit their market so i'm not sure why they don't do it.

the bluepill is slowly fading so we can hope that the stigma of surgery is mended with time