Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Anyone else cope with nostalgiamaxxing(Those of you with at least semi decent childhoods)

RandomBroCel

RandomBroCel

Voicecel
★★
I have been nostalgia maxxing a lot lately. Listening to old songs, playing old videogames, listening to videogame themes(my fav one). I had semi decent childhood, some good friends(which all betrayed me by leaving me), but abuse at home got worse as I started to noticing it as I was getting older. And with the puberty came unrealised desires of having sex and relationships. Life was easier for an incel before these desires. As I grew older basically it was all downhill.

Before turning 18 I had some hope and wasnt suicidal every day. After finishing high school since 2018 My life has been a total nightmare. Having to "adult" : work or go to uni is a torture and a person cant cope if they are an incel. They dont have a normal healthy sex or social life and therefore dont have a support system to cope properly. Thats how all the normies do all these shitty jobs. Bcs they have loving gf/bf.

To be fair my entire life has just been me rotting in my room alone. I just cope by reminiscing about when I was too young and retarded to be depressed about my situation.

100%, I have a lot of nostalgia for elementary/middle school. I still couldn't really even call myself a normie at that time with all the shit that regularly went on back then, but I still had friends. Lookism/heightism weren't a big part of my life, I didn't think at all it would end up becoming such a big part of my life. Life was a thousand times easier, I still thought I would end up becoming a famous writer; even the Internet was still a decent thing. JFL. :lul:

Yeah I used to do that and still occasionally do. My childhood was alright (I'm talking from aged 8-11), I usually just played pokemon on my DS and had friends. The music i'd listen to back then was dubstep, trance and rock. Every once in a while I sort of try to incorporate (or revert back to?) the shit I did as a child as a now adult (23) through listening to same music or playing the same vidya I did during childhood. It's a decent cope but reinforces the idea of suicide shortly after.

I look back at elementary school, best time of my life hands down.

100%, I have a lot of nostalgia for elementary/middle school. I still couldn't really even call myself a normie at that time with all the shit that regularly went on back then, but I still had friends. Lookism/heightism weren't a big part of my life, I didn't think at all it would end up becoming such a big part of my life. Life was a thousand times easier, I still thought I would end up becoming a famous writer; even the Internet was still a decent thing. JFL. :lul:
Ye, similar story to mine. Also realise the fact that when you are younger and trying things for the first time that is the most exciting feeling that you will ever feel. I remember waking up fucking excited to play videogames. Nowadays I just to do it to kill time and they are maybe 40 percent enjoyable from how they used to be. I got huge depression due to inceldom and some other stuff which exacerbated being numb to pleasure

I can't nostalgiamaxx anymore because i realised my childhood wasn't that great. Not much has changed other than me becoming aware of how boring and empty my life has been til now

Been doing it since I was 7

i will rexatch avatar the last airbender to remember my childhood tbh