Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Anybody else just suddenly drop their addiction for no reason?

Socialretard79

Socialretard79

Recruit
★★★
I just woke up about three weeks ago and suddenly had complete control over my drinking and eating. I think I have cancer probably. I've lost like 12 pounds. I feel a lot worse and getting drunk doesn't effectively numb me. Likely have some disease

Kind of, sometimes I go through periods of not eating properly for like two weeks then I go back to normal.

Kind of, sometimes I go through periods of not eating properly for like two weeks then I go back to normal.
I'm mixed on whether I want this to be temporary tbh

Yeah, losing 12 pounds although appealing is probably not healthy when it happens so quickly. And if you think you have cancer, maybe go to the doctor.

maybe you just got lucky and the brain connections were made in the right way where the addiction just stopped.

maybe you just got lucky and the brain connections were made in the right way where the addiction just stopped.
Alcohol causes a physical dependency so unlikely. He might be right that he has cancer unironically.

Never had one. Unless it's video games. I'm never dropping video games.

Alcohol causes a physical dependency so unlikely. He might be right that he has cancer unironically.
It could be related to having to stop taking Adderall but that was a couple weeks before