Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Any youngcels (<21) who are into retro games?

ldargoblin

ldargoblin

Slobcel
★★★★★
Are you familiar with any of these consoles?

Atari 2600
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
N64
PlayStation 1
Dreamcast

Nah that stuff is too modern for me, I just bash rocks together

I was one of them
I can send you some rom hacks oif you want to

Yeah I have an Atari and a Nintendo 64 but it doesn't work. I got a lot of the N64 games for GameCube though. I have an emulator for sega CD too but I only use it to play snatcher.
Nah that stuff is too modern for me, I just bash rocks together
:chad:

I know all of them. I don't like the graphics of the Atari 2600 so that's why I don't play games for that system.

The rest are pretty amazing. My first video game was a port of Super Mario Bros. for the GBC.

If you are under 21 would a PS2 not be retro too?

I know all of them. I don't like the graphics of the Atari 2600 so that's why I don't play games for that system.

The rest are pretty amazing. My first video game was a port of Super Mario Bros. for the GBC.
Tbh, based boomers and gen x knew how to make games. :feelsthink:

Tbh, based boomers and gen x knew how to make games. :feelsthink:
Modern gaming is so stale, tbh. I don't care how real the game feels if I need to pay microtransactions to get ahead of the game and not getting the full experience before buying an additional price for DLCs. That's why I don't care about spending $1000+ dollars on a modern gaming PC that I have to upgrade every once in a while. The only modern games that are worth playing are indie games (like Celeste, Undertale, Shovel Knight, Super Meat Boy, etc.)

That's not to say games of the past didn't had their fair share of shovelware (you should watch AVGN :feelskek:). But the games that were popular were actually good. I do like the pixelated 2D aesthetics as well as the early 3D games as well.

I'm a bit off the mark (I'm 22) and I was always into retro games, even as a kid. I own all of those consoles you listed that I got for very cheap back in 2008-2009, but I don't have many games (except for my Atari 2600, I have something like 54 titles, and I recently obtained 40+ Japanese PS1 games, and some are still being shipped to my place) for them, due to soyboys getting into retro gaming around 2013 and driving the prices through the roof. Collecting games for US consoles seems unfathomable to me these days, even if I got a high paying six/seven figure job, I wouldn't see it being worth paying like $200 for games like Castlevania SoTN.

Modern gaming is so stale, tbh. I don't care how real the game feels if I need to pay microtransactions to get ahead of the game and not getting the full experience before buying an additional price for DLCs. That's why I don't care about spending $1000+ dollars on a modern gaming PC that I have to upgrade every once in a while. The only modern games that are worth playing are indie games (like Celeste, Undertale, Shovel Knight, Super Meat Boy, etc.)

That's not to say games of the past didn't had their fair share of shovelware (you should watch AVGN :feelskek:). But the games that were popular were actually good. I do like the pixelated 2D aesthetics as well as the early 3D games as well.
Before the NES came out, there was a time where there was very little quality control, and a large majority of games on consoles like the Atari 2600 and the ColecoVision were so garbage, that it caused a massive crash in the gaming industry. I honestly, very truly hope this kind of crash happens in the near future with all the soulless garbage that AAA companies are shitting out.

retro games good

I play Atari 2600 games via an emulator all the time. They're not very fun but they keep me occupied for around 15 minutes. Pitfall is nice.

Atari 2600
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
N64
PlayStation 1
Dreamcast
PAC man world 2

Anyone have a Sega Saturn?

I'm a bit off the mark (I'm 22) and I was always into retro games, even as a kid. I own all of those consoles you listed that I got for very cheap back in 2008-2009, but I don't have many games (except for my Atari 2600, I have something like 54 titles, and I recently obtained 40+ Japanese PS1 games, and some are still being shipped to my place) for them, due to soyboys getting into retro gaming around 2013 and driving the prices through the roof. Collecting games for US consoles seems unfathomable to me these days, even if I got a high paying six/seven figure job, I wouldn't see it being worth paying like $200 for games like Castlevania SoTN.
Just dumpster dive and repair what other people throw out. :feelsLSD:

Before the NES came out, there was a time where there was very little quality control, and a large majority of games on consoles like the Atari 2600 and the ColecoVision were so garbage, that it caused a massive crash in the gaming industry. I honestly, very truly hope this kind of crash happens in the near future with all the soulless garbage that AAA companies are shitting out.
Yep, there has always been shovelware by people trying to make a quick buck. The games that were good back then show that the developers actually put in the effort into making it.

As for modern games, I don't really like the AAA games or the more popular games like Fortnite. It's not about how good the graphics look or how much money they put into producing it.

Play DotA why the fuck would you rot away playing singleplayer games when you can have fun flaming people online

Atari 2600
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis/Mega Drive
N64
PlayStation 1
Dreamcast
Not a youngcel but I collect retro consoles, and games I own a genesis, N64, SNES, and PS2 I use for PS1 games. I got warzone 2100 on PS1, and PC, and motherfucking might and magic 6,7 and 8, and morrowind + F22 for genesis:feelsmage:

Last edited: