Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Any programmercels around here?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
How's life as a programmer? Lots of money and flexible work hours? Or is the whole thing overrated?

I'm a lazy fuck so I never amounted to anything, and I haven't learned any of the things I've wanted, despite meaning to do so for years and years.

As far as methods of making money go, programming sounds as a sweet gig as long as you're knowledgeable.

i'd like to learn how to program but unfortunantely its hard to motivate me

want to code but too low iq to understand how to code btw i'm also interested about the question of the op

I tried. I'm too low iq.

Life as a programmer is pretty sad to be honest; I often frequent coworking spaces because I don't like working alone. I have my own LLC and yeah you get paid pretty well once you're well acquainted with whatever programming stack you practice with. Programming is not for everyone because it requires a very specific type of mind to succeed, however this does not mean that you can't be trained to think a certain way it will just take a lot more work on your part. It requires an immense amount of dedication unless you're naturally gifted. At the end of the day it pays well but I don't think money can buy happiness.
If you're truly low IQ (me as well), I recommend that you stay away from programming because you'll to pick up new things constantly and very quickly.

Same here. You have to be high IQ to be a coder.

That's actually not true there's a lot of mediocrity in this field, you just have to try harder than most. I don't consider myself smart at all and I can do it.

Maybe one day, I'll be taking computer science soon enough and hope I dont hate it.

im stuying for that

If you're going to start you better start soon because I can see this field growing even more saturated in the near future. The push for people to learn to code is a covert plan by large companies to lower the amount they have to pay a developer to do their work.

If you're lazy and easily frustrated then NEVER do programming. Bug fixing and testing are absolutely soul crushing, web development is also a nightmare with a new framework being introduced every month and web application bugs are extremley cryptic. It also requires good communication, the days of the introverted asocial programming wizards are over.

Programming can be very satisfying and fun when you're doing it as a hobby but when you got deadlines, obsure requirements and shitty managers it becomes a hellish environment very quickly. However compared to most jobs it isn't that bad, especially since it pays pretty well.

I'm currently a software engineer intern at a large bank in Australia so take my advice witj a grain of salt.

Hackerman by shiiftyshift dan31sc1