Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Any of you here like tabletop RPG games like D&D?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I never tried it and my few friends neither, I guess that it can be fun but if you're not low inhib hard to get into. Also probably I would overthink what I would say in my turn and it wouldn't be fun. Before it was considered a nerd hobby but now it's been normiefied and it's not frowned upon anymore. Any of you like this type of games? Do you remember any memorable stories that you created? What do you think ot the woke controversy that orcs = black people stereotypes because they're stupid and violent?

I tried it at a hobby shop and thought it was boring. its a social game so I wouldn't recommend it tbh.

Not autistic enough for them. Also you have to interact with people and i hate people

I tried it at a hobby shop and thought it was boring. its a social game so I wouldn't recommend it tbh.
Were they nice or they treated you like an outsider? Like in western movies when the guy arrives to the saloon and all the locals stare at him menacingly kek

The DnD table was ok, it was the other board games like some worker placement bullshit that treated me like outsider.

not RPGs, but I was always very interested in tabletop games like Warhammer. Especially Warhammer 40k, which has a god tier lore. I read so much about the lore and watched dozens of videos.

Never played it though, because 0 friends that are into it.

not RPGs, but I was always very interested in tabletop games like Warhammer. Especially Warhammer 40k, which has a god tier lore. I read so much about the lore and watched dozens of videos.

Never played it though, because 0 friends that are into it.
I have a friend who has some warhammer miniatures. He doesn't play the game tho he's only interested in painting the figures and making dioramas. We tried playing a simplified version of the game for 2 players but we quit in 20 minutes, too complex anyways kek.

I like the idea of them but I can never get the motivation to sit down and read the mechanics

Also even in this kind of setting I have really bad social anxiety that makes decision making nearly impossible, I also just wouldn't talk much and would feel like I'm just watching everyone else have a good time.

So I stay away from them. It's cool to read about the lore online though.

I tried it a few times with a former social circle. It was okay but the guy running the show didn't let us do the things we wanted to. At least he was nice enough to host us in his house and provide us with pizza and drinks.

Got into a huge fight over it and started talking shit about the game master ( I think that's what it's called) and we stopped playing.

Never played any but I hope I'll be able to get into them eventually, some of them (World of Darkness, Call of Cthulhu (especially Delta Green), Warhammer 40k, Transhuman Space, Eclipse Phase and so on) have insane story-making possibilities and great lore.