Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Any good visual novels?

Tjaldur

Tjaldur

I'm so sad
★★★
I've played Onii-Kiss, Stein gates, Katawa Shoujo, Nekopara. Are there any other you'd recommend?

They are long and tedious to go through so something that has good comfy music and a good cope story line.

@Transcended Trucel @happiless @proudweeb @lemon21 @Cowcel @Pixycel @Caesercel
And anyone else I missed out

Last edited:
I really enjoyed Maji de watashi ni koi Shinasai. Really funny moments and lots of girls to chose from. That's the only "comfy one" i enjoyed, others tend to be either games. or tedious ones like Muv-luv/Umineko no naku.
Raging loop is a really good mistery one, it's pretty long but it's a breeze to read too

I'm planning to read umineko I've heard it's good but really long
Just search for 4chan vn recommendation charts and see which sparks your interest
I'm planning to read umineko I've heard it's good but really long
Just search for 4chan vn recommendation charts and see which sparks your interest
Oh btw I like your username it reminds me of this no more heroes 2 ost

View: https://youtu.be/UFXqJ--L_Kk

Last edited:
I've played Onii-Kiss, Stein gates, Katawa Shoujo, Nekopara. Are there any other you'd recommend?

They are long and tedious to go through so something that has good comfy music and a good cope story line.

@Transcended Trucel @happiless @proudweeb @lemon21 @Cowcel @Pixycel @Caesercel
And anyone else I missed out
persona 5 royal, not a VN exactly but still has good romance and game is 70% dialogue probably. your choices affect relation points, very long cope too(130+hrs)

Sakura wars is another good VN like game, 70% dialogue, 20-30% gameplay.(30 hrs cope)

Fruit of Grisaia a legit VN is also good, has an anime on it too(36 episodes or something), pretty good. MC is a harem GigaChad in the anime. VN is more focused on each girls story a lot more.

[UWSL]Steins gate VN, haven't played it but heard it is very good. Well if u watched the anime, probably not worth it.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Fate/Stat night is another one I heard is good. But since I watched anime no point.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]White Album 2 is an anime and also a very good VN. Two very good foids and long romance stories from HS to work-life. Blackpilled endings.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Ai somnium files, not romance but is basically a detective VN type game. Many routes which only uncover a part of the big plot. Aliens/Illuminati/serial killers/mafia in it. Everything is in [/UWSL][UWSL]voice format too.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Three houses fire emblem, not a VN but game is maybe 50% visual novel diagloue with lots of speaking scenes and a shit load of characters and possibilities. 3 overall high level main story endings.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Ace Academy, an ok mobile VN. is 7.25/10, it is good for mobile but ends abruptly. But for the 8 hours it lasts, it is pretty good. Very Americanized though.[/UWSL]

Umineko, danganranpa (sort of)
persona 5 royal, not a VN exactly but still has good romance and game is 70% dialogue probably. your choices affect relation points, very long cope too(130+hrs)
eh, most of the game is just grinding, but I still recommend it tho. It’s fun:feelsokman:

Umineko, danganranpa (sort of)

eh, most of the game is just grinding, but I still recommend it tho. It’s fun:feelsokman:
I played on normal then easy for the latter half. In easy no grinding needed
U can also use dlc persona ehich is OP.

I played on normal then easy for the latter half. In easy no grinding needed
U can also use dlc persona ehich is OP.
Why easy? On my first playthrough I got stuck on a few parts, but it wasn’t that hard.

Onii-Kiss

Hoshizora no Memoria

Or a different one of these:

Moege chart

only VN i ever liked was Doki Doki Literature Club

Saya no uta is a good one.

Why easy? On my first playthrough I got stuck on a few parts, but it wasn’t that hard.
I hate grinding
And thinking too much. Job brain rapes me so I don't want think hard

[UWSL]White Album 2 is an anime and also a very good VN. Two very good foids and long romance stories from HS to work-life. Blackpilled endings.[/UWSL]
:feelsokman:
I'm playing through White Album 2 right now, only VN besides Ace Attorney I've ever touched. Full english patch only got completed a month ago even though the novels are a decade old if I'm correct.

Very good so far considering I'm not usually into romance. Just keep in mind it's pretty long OP so might not be to your tastes.

Forgot to note another one called amagami ss. Is pretty good. Jusr got English patch recently. I watched the anime though. Too lazy to do vn. But is good

I hate grinding
And thinking too much. Job brain rapes me so I don't want think hard
Yes I want back from work and studies with something comfy, chilled and relaxing. Onii-kiss and Katawa did exactly that.

tsukihime tbh

suprised no one mentioned it :waitwhat:

Steins gate VN, haven't played it but heard it is very good. Well if u watched the anime, probably not worth it.
I like the game, but I'm a little frustrated by the fact it's really difficult to get to kurisu ending without reading guides.

freaking otakuz, man :feelsugh:

freaking otakuz, man :feelsugh:
>thread about visual novels
>doesnt like the thing
>still opens thread
>whines about it

are you retarded?

Sakura wars is another good VN like game, 70% dialogue, 20-30% gameplay.(30 hrs cope)

Fruit of Grisaia a legit VN is also good, has an anime on it too(36 episodes or something), pretty good. MC is a harem GigaChad in the anime. VN is more focused on each girls story a lot more.

[UWSL]Steins gate VN, haven't played it but heard it is very good. Well if u watched the anime, probably not worth it.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Fate/Stat night is another one I heard is good. But since I watched anime no point.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Ai somnium files, not romance but is basically a detective VN type game. Many routes which only uncover a part of the big plot. Aliens/Illuminati/serial killers/mafia in it. Everything is in [/UWSL][UWSL]voice format too.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Three houses fire emblem, not a VN but game is maybe 50% visual novel diagloue with lots of speaking scenes and a shit load of characters and possibilities. 3 overall high level main story endings.[/UWSL]

[UWSL]Ace Academy, an ok mobile VN. is 7.25/10, it is good for mobile but ends abruptly. But for the 8 hours it lasts, it is pretty good. Very Americanized though.[/UWSL]
bruh white album 2 is 10/10

I also recommend school days, utawarerumono, moon, muv-luv, and higurashi

some are longer than the bible
tsukihime tbh

suprised no one mentioned it :waitwhat:
fuck yeah, that's some good shit

:feelsokman:
I'm playing through White Album 2 right now, only VN besides Ace Attorney I've ever touched. Full english patch only got completed a month ago even though the novels are a decade old if I'm correct.

Very good so far considering I'm not usually into romance. Just keep in mind it's pretty long OP so might not be to your tastes.
The anime was really great, so it's not a wonder why the VN would be so good. thanks for letting me know that the patch was completed, been waiting for this and Soukou Akki Muramasa a really, really long time

Monobeno girl Natsuha Sawai is very cute. Unfortunately the game is not in Engliah so cant loli cope with that.