Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Any Citypop Listeners ?

L

Luxity

Banned
-
If you dont know what it is, citypop is pop music that came out of Japan during the 1980s. Its one of the two genres of music I listen to.

If you listen as well then post some tracks below.

Here are some of my favorites.

Geez how could no one post here. You guys call yourselves weebs and don't listen to city-pop?

Momoko Kikuchi is by far my favorite female Citypop idol.

I have hundreds and hundreds of citypop songs on my computer. Here's some of my favorites.

Geez how could no one post here. You guys call yourselves weebs and don't listen to city-pop?

Momoko Kikuchi is by far my favorite female Citypop idol.

I have hundreds and hundreds of citypop songs on my computer. Here's some of my favorites.

A man with good taste. I've heard all these songs but I do appreciate a fellow a weeb that actually listens to J-Pop.

Damn, feels nostalgic as fuck. Reminds me of walking around in chinatown supermarkets in the city. They blast these types of music on speakers and the atmosphere feels very .... vaporwave? (Fuck my low iq lack of vocabulary)

Damn, feels nostalgic as fuck. Reminds me of walking around in chinatown supermarkets in the city. They blast these types of music on speakers and the atmosphere feels very .... vaporwave? (Fuck my low iq lack of vocabulary)
Yeah citypop always puts me in a good mood. I can see how you can see how citypop is pretty vaporwavey.

I dabbled with this stuff a few years ago. I didn't know it was called "city pop" at the time I just knew it as the music vaporwave was ripping off/sampling heavily.
Apparently the song "Plastic Lover" is an internet meme and now everyone loves citypop now.

Tatsuro Yamashita bangs

I dabbled with this stuff a few years ago. I didn't know it was called "city pop" at the time I just knew it as the music vaporwave was ripping off/sampling heavily.
Apparently the song "Plastic Lover" is an internet meme and now everyone loves citypop now.

Tatsuro Yamashita bangs
Yeah I'm kinda glad that citypop is getting some attention now because it honestly deserves it

not my style but sounds pretty good

Have I become a show off cel?.

This could be very dangerous.

> tfw no Nipponese waifu to sit there and listen to City Pop with

IMG 6781

Not to sound like a hipster or something, but I was listening to city pop/J-funk back in 2009/10. Not many people knew about it in the West back then, so it felt cool being a part of the small group of people who were into it. It's only popular now because of future funk and people finding out where the samples are from. I wish the normies had never found out about it and stuck to listening to Drake, Ariana Grande and other normie shit.

I hate Japan and Japanese people because they killed millions of Chinese civillians during second Sino-Japanese war and don't even want to admit and apologize for it.

Not to sound like a hipster or something, but I was listening to city pop/J-funk back in 2009/10. Not many people knew about it in the West back then, so it felt cool being a part of the small group of people who were into it. It's only popular now because of future funk and people finding out where the samples are from. I wish the normies had never found out about it and stuck to listening to Drake, Ariana Grande and other normie shit.
tbh, I kind of felt the same way for a while. I'd see groups of normies just discussing surface level shit like Plastic Love and Ryo Fukui and would become irked.
Then I realized I was just being autistic and that it doesnt affect my enjoyment of japanese music :feelsautistic:

btw here are some more non city-pop recs
IT'S THE W E E K E N D

(their other album is better but i cant find it on youtube, RIP. these guys are like a more aggressive version of midori)

tbh, I kind of felt the same way for a while. I'd see groups of normies just discussing surface level shit like Plastic Love and Ryo Fukui and would become irked.
Then I realized I was just being autistic and that it doesnt affect my enjoyment of japanese music :feelsautistic:
Not gonna lie, it has taken away from my enjoyment of it a bit because by bringing it into their sphere, they've normified it. It wouldn't surprise me if they're already putting samples from it into their trap rap songs. Once something I like becomes popular, I distance myself from it. Maybe it's just my aspie nature or something.

btw here are some more non city-pop recs
IT'S THE W E E K E N D

(their other album is better but i cant find it on youtube, RIP. these guys are like a more aggressive version of midori)

Tricot :feelsohh::feelsohh:
I've been listening to it for a couple years now as well. Don't worry, normies just bounce around to different fads and trends, they don't actually like Citypop, just the aesthetic.

Are those yours ? Old school with the CDs, I like that.

I burn them myself. When I'm at home of course I use my computer but I don't like messing with playlists/phones when driving (unlike Stacy who is glued to her phone until she turns a motorcyclist into a pancake).

I have too much respect for my car (Honda made in Japan) to drive carelessly so I use CDs for safety reasons.

It also allows me to appreciate the whole album. Unlike lots of albums most City-Pop albums are really strong with very little "filler." I almost never have to skip a song.

* I color code the CDs based on what I think the mood of the album is.

I burn them myself. When I'm at home of course I use my computer but I don't like messing with playlists/phones when driving (unlike Stacy who is glued to her phone until she turns a motorcyclist into a pancake).

I have too much respect for my car (Honda made in Japan) to drive carelessly so I use CDs for safety reasons.

It also allows me to appreciate the whole album. Unlike lots of albums most City-Pop albums are really strong with very little "filler." I almost never have to skip a song.

* I color code the CDs based on what I think the mood of the album is.
I see you're a JDM brother ( I drive a Subaru.) Burning CDs and color coding them :giga: . I thought I took my Citypop seriously.

I feel like a poster for not listening to Japanese music tbh. Will study this thread thoroughly

I see you're a JDM brother ( I drive a Subaru.) Burning CDs and color coding them :giga: . I thought I took my Citypop seriously.

I love Japanese cars as much I love City Pop and Japanese women.

I bet you drive a WRX, even if you drive an impreza I'd be impressed.

But if you drive one of those foid wagons...

Mocking

I drive a Honda Fit because it was the cheapest car I could find where the vin started with a J and I like how small it is because the handling is amazing. I love to do some "touge-ing" whenever I get the chance. I got mine in white because of Takeshi and his 86.

As soon as I graduate from college and start working I'm going to buy my own Civic SI coupe (in white as well too).

JDM is such an amazing, godtier cope. I wish I had a waifu to ride with me.

soon

I love Japanese cars as much I love City Pop and Japanese women.

I bet you drive a WRX, even if you drive an impreza I'd be impressed.

But if you drive one of those foid wagons...

View attachment 43813

I drive a Honda Fit because it was the cheapest car I could find where the vin started with a J and I like how small it is because the handling is amazing. I love to do some "touge-ing" whenever I get the chance. I got mine in white because of Takeshi and his 86.

As soon as I graduate from college and start working I'm going to buy my own Civic SI coupe (in white as well too).

JDM is such an amazing, godtier cope. I wish I had a waifu to ride with me.

soon
Yeah I drive a WRX, I also considered buying a Civic Type R, Lancer Evo, and a Civic Si

Yeah I drive a WRX, I also considered buying a Civic Type R, Lancer Evo, and a Civic Si

I would buy mine new (I would keep it for 20 years at least and I would never beat it).

LanEvo was such a cool car too bad they don't make them new anymore. WRX is cool but not too practical for me because of bad gas mileage (I also don't like how much more it costs than the SI and don't need AWD)

Type R is the same thing, nice car insane gas mileage.

The SI gets godtier gas mileage.

I was considering the 86/BRZ/Miata but I prefer FWD.

I also love how the SI comes in coupe but those other cars don't. If I could have what I really wanted I'd like a brand new Integra/RSX but the SI is the closest that comes to that.

I would buy mine new (I would keep it for 20 years at least and I would never beat it).

LanEvo was such a cool car too bad they don't make them new anymore. WRX is cool but not too practical for me because of bad gas mileage (I also don't like how much more it costs than the SI and don't need AWD)

Type R is the same thing, nice car insane gas mileage.

The SI gets godtier gas mileage.

I was considering the 86/BRZ/Miata but I prefer FWD.

I also love how the SI comes in coupe but those other cars don't. If I could have what I really wanted I'd like a brand new Integra/RSX but the SI is the closest that comes to that.
I was leaning towards the SI but I like the look of the WRX more and I don't commute far anywhere so I went with it. The new Supra is coming out 2019 so that might be a car I look at getting in the future if its anything like the old ones.

Tatsuro Yamashita bangs
I was about to post this. it's about a foid who's in love with Haruki Thunderochinchi materialistically but it sounds like good music so it's fine lad

Got to thank the Yakuza series for introducing me to Tatsuro Yamashita and the Crazy Ken Band.

Some Japanese funk

That part at 4:19 is euphoria.

I bet you haven't heard this one.

Rarest album in my collection.

Is she Italian or something ?

Mussolini's granddaughter (currently a high ranking politician in Italy and formerly a model). That is a City-Pop album released only in Japan and the only album she ever made.

It was actually pretty well received there as far as I know.

Mussolini's granddaughter (currently a high ranking politician in Italy and formerly a model). That is a City-Pop album released only in Japan and the only album she ever made.

It was actually pretty well received there as far as I know.
Granddaughter of a fascist dictator, politician, model, and former J-Pop singer, what the hell :giga:, and I just listened to the album in its entirety and its really good, nice share