Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

animecels do you agree with this?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2853
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2853

Self-banned
-
we watch anime because it's c[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]hildish and appeals to Japanese culture that considers teenage hood the epitome of life. It's for people who never grew up and desire to be kids again instead of using their life now.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]do you agree?[/font]

No. Hentai isn't for children.

more like desire to see what people in their teenhood do because your teenhood never existed, rotting in your room permanently alone

Not really.

It's just a form of escapism like any other digital medium
Many mainstream anime fans are NT and have normal lives while we rot here

Facade said:
Not really.

It's just a form of escapism like any other digital medium
Many mainstream anime fans are NT and have normal lives while we rot here

but are they really enjoying that life.  :skeptical:

I like highly unrealistic fantasy. I know the Japanese love to have school settings in anime, but I usually don't like it, they seem to be shitty, even in anime fiction. I guess that's a clue of how bad their real school experience is.

They have so much pressure to be accepted into a prestigious high school that you have middle school kids killing themselves over it. Sex and relationships seem to be relatively rare too.

It depends, really.

I watch GITS: SAC because it's extremely engaging and full of procedural twists and turns and ass-pulled philosophy, like a really long version of The Matrix. I'll watch a SOL because it has all of the warmth of social activity with none of the drawbacks. Or I'll watch for highly unrealistic fantasy like @zzz said. It's all of the escapism of a good novel packaged differently.

I watch western animation largely because of its light nature. There's nothing to be learned from CNN or The History Channel anymore, it's like a severely retarded high school full of name-calling and one-upmanship. Fuck that noise, I'll take Phineas & Ferb.

It's not about pretending to be young, it's about pretending there's some good left out there, and reinforcing it so you don't rot into a total dick.

i watch it for the same reasons i watch any tv show or movie

I watch it because I enjoy the stories, the fighting and the comedy and artwork.

Indari said:
i watch it for the same reasons i watch any tv show or movie

No such thing as an "animecel" anime is NT AF in current year

Recon9 said:
No such thing as an "animecel" anime is NT AF in current year
I agree.

Anime is kinda mainstream'ish now.