Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion [Anime Theory] The Promised Neverland (weebcels GTFIH)

• Thread starter Deleted member 25223
  • Start date
Deleted member 25223

Deleted member 25223

λ ⊢ π
-
******************************************DISCLAIMER******************************************
******************Only proceed if you have watched the anime, Spoilers ahead******************
*********************If you haven't, you should watch it, is only 12 episodes *********************

With that out of the way, let's talk anime:

From the very first scene, something always intrigued me, the numbers on the necks of the children. It appears they all have them and even the adults seem to have them. Now, knowing that they're on a farm, those number must mean something and there is just one logical conclusion: The numbers are unique identifiers for every human that is born in this world. But if the identifier is unique, then those numbers can't be just randomly chosen, they need to have some way of determining the number based on the human so that is guaranteed no two humans will have the same number. The easiest way to do this is by birth time, so we can theorize that the numbers represent the order on which they were born , so #54952 would be the 54952th person to be born on those farms. Now let's look at the actual data to verify it:

Emma's Number:
latest

Ray's Number:
latest

Norman's Number
latest

At first glance, these numbers don't really make sense with our theory, however, if you simply invert the numbers so that Emma's is #49136, Ray's is #49118 and Norman's is #49122 then suddenly it matches pretty well. You can also confirm with other orphan kids their inverted number do line up to be what you would expect according to our theory. From this we can infer that Ray is the oldest one of the lot, followed by Norman and then Emma. The wiki actually confirms this if you look at the dates of birth.

We know thanks to Norman that the whole thing has a total of 6 orphanages , and we also know that they ship away on average one person every two months, if we look at the months of birth of each of the 3 characters we can see that Ray was born in January, Norman was born in March, so two months later, since we know that each baby gets assigned a farm the moment another one leaves, then we can assumed that around six people (one for each orphanage) had left in those two months, the difference on their numbers is 4. If we do the same with Emma who was born on August, 7 months after Ray and we can infer that her number should then be around 18 units more (7 months difference, meaning around 3 ships per orphanage meaning 3*6 = 18) than that of Ray's and it fits pretty well as you can see. We can even get a bigger proof of this if we use Isabella's number:

So her actual number is #48537, I think is safe to assume that she's on her late twenties or early 30s, which means is safe to assume she's about 20 years older than the 3 kids (the wiki actually confirms this). With the same logic again, we can assume a production rate of around 6*6 = 36 kids per year, which means that her number should be around 36*20 = 720 less than that of the 3 kids. Again is not 100% consistent, since the amount of kids produced and shipped is not exact, but is still good enough proof that this a good approximation as to what the numbers represent.

So what does this all mean? Well the number are pretty high, starting at the 40 thousands, even if we assume that the first digits (in this case the 4) represents the farm and only the remaining 4 represent the number, it would still take almost 200 years of farming kids at that rate for it to reach the 9 thousands, and as we know, the world was supposed to be okay until 2015, and it is currently 2045, so no more than 30 years could've passed. The way I see it, there are two likely possibilities: demon farmers started out focused on quantity instead of quality which could explain why the numbers are so inflated by now, or, this whole demon invasion thing has been going on for way longer than what they lead us to believe. The math just fits too good for all to just be a coincidence. So what do you guys think? No manga spoilers pls.

That's some crazy theory u got there but it's posssible. I believe the kids come from another world.

i want to read but i dont have the attention span

all i know is season 2 got delayed because of the chink virus so that sucks

That's some crazy theory u got there but it's posssible. I believe the kids come from another world.
You mean like from another planet/galaxy or from a completely different dimension?

i want to read but i dont have the attention span

all i know is season 2 got delayed because of the chink virus so that sucks
Short for attention span cels: I believe that we are being lied about the exact time demons have been eating humans based on the numbers on their necks, which seem to suggest more time has happened.

Short for attention span cels: I believe that we are being lied about the exact time demons have been eating humans based on the numbers on their necks, which seem to suggest more time has happened.
Idk how far S1 talked about since I didn't watch the anime but was there any mention of an agreement between humans n demons?
You mean like from another planet/galaxy or from a completely different dimension?
Dimension/realm
The exact origin of the kids haven't been revealed in the manga iirc anw so not to worry

Idk how far S1 talked about since I didn't watch the anime but was there any mention of an agreement between humans n demons?
No that I can remember. The anime only animates til the actual escape from the orphanage, which I believe is chapter 37 of the manga. Do you think the manga is worth reading?

No that I can remember. The anime only animates til the actual escape from the orphanage, which I believe is chapter 37 of the manga. Do you think the manga is worth reading?
It's worth reading imo, but tbh I read it abt 2 years ago n only got back to it recently. Such an amazing adventure tbh. This is really one of the best works in modern anime/manga imo.

It's worth reading imo, but tbh I read it abt 2 years ago n only got back to it recently. Such an amazing adventure tbh. This is really one of the best works in modern anime/manga imo.
Mmm I think I'll check it out.

Didn't read but only because i didn't watch the anime yet

never watched it ngl

Really good thread man i enjoy to read about it, its a good anime and finding stuffs like this with the numbers is good to know more about it cause in the anime is important how they grow and the iq of the childrens. Isabella number is curiouse tbh

Really good thread man i enjoy to read about it, its a good anime and finding stuffs like this with the numbers is good to know more about it cause in the anime is important how they grow and the iq of the childrens. Isabella number is curiouse tbh
Glad you liked it! :feelsLSD:

Already finished the anime and caught up with the manga

i liked this show ngl