Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious And this is why so few people are doing a PhD...

Why people want to gradeslave so hard and contribute to muh society is beyond me

I hated school it always felt like prison to me. I pride myself on almost never contributing to society :dab:

To comfortably do a PhD, you basically need to come from a wealthy family who will take care of your needs, so you can lock yourself in a room and read hundreds of papers in order to eventually write your own and convince a group of professors that what you're saying is legit.

Graduate school stipends are laughably piss poor. In fact, you could probably make a lot more money getting actually pissed on.

To comfortably do a PhD, you basically need to come from a wealthy family who will take care of your needs, so you can lock yourself in a room and read hundreds of papers in order to eventually write your own and convince a group of professors that what you're saying is legit.
Even then it's still hard