Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL American Airlines subsidiary fined $15,625 after black femoid is sucked into jet engine

PPEcel

PPEcel

cope and seethe
-
Courtneyedwards

From the NY Post:
A regional subsidiary of American Airlines was hit with a $15,625 fine by federal safety regulators over the death of a ground crew worker who was sucked into the engine of a plane at an Alabama airport on New Year’s Eve.

The Occupational Health and Safety Administration levied the fine against Piedmont Airlines after investigators found it was responsible for a safety breach that led to the death of Courtney Edwards, a mother of three, at Montgomery Regional Airport on Dec. 31.

Fascinating. That's not something that happens every day. So I took a few minutes to read the NTSB preliminary report for myself.

So it turns out American did tell their employees to not approach the airplane until the engines were off. From the Report:
The ground crew reported that a safety briefing was held about 10 minutes before the airplane arrived at the gate. A second safety “huddle” was held shortly before the airplane arrived at the gate, to reiterate that the engines would remain running until ground power was connected. It was also discussed that the airplane should not be approached, and the diamond of safety cones should not be set until the engines were off, spooled down, and the airplane’s rotating beacon light had been extinguished by the flight crew.

Well, guess who didn't pay attention?
...[T]he ramp agent from the back of the airplane reappeared walking along the leading edge of the left wing and directly in front of the number one engine. She was subsequently pulled off her feet and into the operating engine. Throughout the course of the accident, the airplane’s upper rotating beacon light appeared to be illuminated.

Huh. Well, TIL that walking alongside the leading edge of a commercial jet's wing, right in front of an active jet engine, would have fatal consequences. Turns out having a hole doesn't immunize you from the laws of physics. Who knew?

After the NTSB's preliminary report, OSHA announced on June 21st that they "issued Piedmont Airlines a citation for one serious violation for exposing ground crew workers to ingestion hazards while performing aircraft marshalling, wing-walking and baggage-handling tasks". The proposed penalty to be paid is $15,625.

American Airlines' revenue in 2022 was $48.97 billion.

:lul::lul::lul:

Last edited:
Damn $15 grand? How are they ever gonna afford that

One less soul, one more soul. They all want to do an ILS approach and end up going into an NDB approach.

Also how do you even get that close to a running jet engine. Shit is like 160 decibels lol

Such a joke.
But anyways who cares, one toilet garbage less

Nothing the size of a 747 would ever start an engine inside a hangar. That factual inaccuracy always kind of irked me. Tugs exist for a reason.
IQs me

working on New Years Eve sucks already she had no idea and it was over

Family should sue for millies

LMAO, what a retarded nigger bitch

My looksmatch if I could afford plastic surgeries (perhaps, in the hypothetical afterlife).

15 k is a lot of money , her life ain't worth 1/1000 of it.

Family should sue for millies
it would probably result in a large settlement, yes, i think most juries would side against American just because of how graphic being sucked into a jet engine is

nothing of value was lost

Wow they got off really easy. The market value of a chimpanzee on the black market is around $50,000.

Any idea where can I find The American Eagle Ground Operations Manual, revision 3 dated July 13, 2022. ?
I would like to find out what exactly is an "approved single engine turn".
Among other methods, feasible and acceptable means to correct this hazard would be to ensure an effective ramp safety program that includes:...
...2)Develop and implement a clear and unambiguous method of communication between ground crew members such as hand signals:feelsLightsaber:, radios, or other methods; and
They should have used discord :feelshaha:

Smartest nigger

The plane got violated

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back