Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Am I the only one that gets really uncomfortable when speaking on the phone?

DrunkDegenerate

DrunkDegenerate

Cope Overlord
-
I am not a very social person overall, always despised unnecessary conversations with people... But I don't know why whenever I have to talk on the phone I feel so uncomfortable, more than in face to face social interactions. Maybe it's because I can't see the facial expression of the person I am speaking to that causes this... together with my aspie-like tendency to mimic others behavior to not seem like a freak.
Do any of you feel the same? Any legit ways you can offer to lower the overall discomfort during a call?

social anxiety is a death sentence, that shit doesnt go away, its engraved into your mind from life experience like PTSD

i am the same way... drugs i guess / if you cant get anti anxiety use phenibut/ ashwaghanda

Yeah I struggled the first time I ordered pizza and had to hang up and order online

Yes im embarassed to talk on the phone

Yeah I struggled the first time I ordered pizza and had to hang up and order online
I remember I one time ordered a pizza and the guy who took the order asked me if I wanted a bunch of other stuff along with the pizza and I just said yes to everything. Ended up having a pizza with pineapple pieces on the top of it...

I remember I one time ordered a pizza and the guy who took the order asked me if I wanted a bunch of other stuff along with the pizza and I just said yes to everything. Ended up having a pizza with pineapple pieces on the top of it...
yeah irl situations are even worse, I was getting my iPhone headphone jack exchanged then the guy asked me if He could throw away the packaging I just said yes to everything now I can’t refund it if it breks

yeah irl situations are even worse, I was getting my iPhone headphone jack exchanged then the guy asked me if He could throw away the packaging I just said yes to everything now I can’t refund it if it breks
Really makes me wonder though...Did we get fucked up like that because of the recent technology, social media etc? Or were we fucked up like that from the start?
I remember reading somewhere that social anxiety is mostly caused by having bad childhood experiences or other sorts of trauma, although I remember my childhood as bright and happy.

Really makes me wonder though...Did we get fucked up like that because of the recent technology, social media etc? Or were we fucked up like that from the start?
I remember reading somewhere that social anxiety is mostly caused by having bad childhood experiences or other sorts of trauma, although I remember my childhood as bright and happy.
definitely the upbringing of us. I never talked to friends or anyone irl, all my interaction was online or with family so I don’t know how to carry conversations so I will just respond with yes or no.

I got a haircut yesterday at some barber I never went to (my normal one doesn’t speak English so we dont talk) but it was a white roastie and she kept asking random shit and my replies were always one worded or yes or no

I don’t have anyone to call, so I’m never in that situation.

Ah telephone phobia. Shitty thing, even some normies suffer from this. It was super bad in my twenties. Over the years it became less prominent / kinda got used to it.