Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Am i autistic?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1269
  • Start date
Deleted member 1269

Deleted member 1269

-
I can talk to people and become friends with them but after a period of time they all ghost me for some reason. We just cut off contact and never talk again. I literally became "friends" with hundreds of people online and IRL but they all move out of my life after some time. I thought it was my face but i know way more uglier people than me with friends and social circles. I noticed that after a certain conversation with anyone they begin to ignore me step by step until we don't talk again. I tried everything, but i concluded that i say things without me noticing that offend or make normies and people uncomfortable. What's funny is that i interact with older people (+25) much more better than people my age and i can talk for hours with them without neither of us getting bored, but people my age and slightly older make me feel like a piece of shit when i interact with them. Maybe i'm "uncool" or not good enough for people to be friends with them, that's why i've given up on people and don't bother interacting with anyone anymore.

we are all autistic in a way tbh

we are all autistic in a way tbh
I've given up on interacting with anyone. I won't try making friends again and will turn down any chance of making friends because they would leave me anyway.

similar experience, but I have AvPD

I experienced that aswell, it is better see people as assets that you use in order to get something that benefits you. Other than that just dont care what happens to them or if they choose to ignore you.

Also i dont think you are autistic.

I experienced that aswell, it is better see people as assets that you use in order to get something that benefits you. Other than that just dont care what happens to them or if they choose to ignore you.

Also i dont think you are autistic.
I don't want assets or anything now, i just have had enough of people bullshit. Will just spend my life without interacting with anyone again.

I can talk to people and become friends with them but after a period of time they all ghost me for some reason. We just cut off contact and never talk again. I literally became "friends" with hundreds of people online and IRL but they all move out of my life after some time. I thought it was my face but i know way more uglier people than me with friends and social circles. I noticed that after a certain conversation with anyone they begin to ignore me step by step until we don't talk again. I tried everything, but i concluded that i say things without me noticing that offend or make normies and people uncomfortable. What's funny is that i interact with older people (+25) much more better than people my age and i can talk for hours with them without neither of us getting bored, but people my age and slightly older make me feel like a piece of shit when i interact with them. Maybe i'm "uncool" or not good enough for people to be friends with them, that's why i've given up on people and don't bother interacting with anyone anymore.

I've never had friends, maybe acquaintances at some point but i know the hard part is definitely maintaining friendships .. It's supposed to be a two-way thing, they contact you as much as you contact them, or perhaps they contact you out of the blue ans ask "how are you, its been a while?" something along the lines like that. Thats the only way I would think they'd be interested

[serious answer] If you want to find out if you are literally autistic there are a lot of tests on the internet you can do to get a first assasment. If it tells you you clearly are, see a psychiatrist to find out if the internet test was accurate. There are much more aspects to autism though than just beeing socially incompotent, from what you described, I guess you are not autistic.
Have you considered straight up asking one of the people who ghosted you why they did so? (mentioning you want to know how to improve your social skills, so they don't think you just want to attack them) Sounds retarded but maybe it could help. Or of course you could see a psychiatrist/social counsellor to help you keep relationships before it is too late.

[serious answer] If you want to find out if you are literally autistic there are a lot of tests on the internet you can do to get a first assasment. If it tells you you clearly are, see a psychiatrist to find out if the internet test was accurate. There are much more aspects to autism though than just beeing socially incompotent, from what you described, I guess you are not autistic.
Have you considered straight up asking one of the people who ghosted you why they did so? (mentioning you want to know how to improve your social skills, so they don't think you just want to attack them) Sounds retarded but maybe it could help. Or of course you could see a psychiatrist/social counsellor to help you keep relationships before it is too late.
I did take them and they say that i'm not autistic. I'm even socially intelligent but i just can't fit in with people so i gave up.

I did take them and they say that i'm not autistic. I'm even socially intelligent but i just can't fit in with people so i gave up.
Yeah, then you probably have a problem other than autism. Autism is overhyped, normies are just calling every socially awkward person an autist and even think they are accurate.
So did my mother btw, but I did multiple internet tests as well, all told me I am clearly not autistic. Like you, I am not bad at understanding social interactions either, sometimes I even give good advice to people, I just fail to act nt and fit in too

Yeah, then you probably have a problem other than autism. Autism is overhyped, normies are just calling every socially awkward person an autist and even think they are accurate.
So did my mother btw, but I did multiple internet tests as well, all told me I am clearly not autistic. Like you, I am not bad at understanding social interactions either, sometimes I even give good advice to people, I just fail to act nt and fit in too
We have to accept our lives without friends or social interactions.

Friendship is a lie anyway. They only last as long as your common interests do

Your autistic behavior developed over time. If you were better lookign you would have had more friends and you would have learned these social ""rules". But since you didnt learn them, you make mistakes and people wont tolerate that unless you are attractive

Your autistic behavior developed over time. If you were better lookign you would have had more friends and you would have learned these social ""rules". But since you didnt learn them, you make mistakes and people wont tolerate that unless you are attractive
But uglier people than me have friends.

Holy fuck, I relate to much with not being able to talk to people my age but thrive with people over 30.

It's possible to be dull, needy, dimwitted, annoying, and repulsive without being autistic. Not every form of social dysfunction is autism.

I'm not sure whether I have autism, I can read people and social situations well, I just can't function within them. I have some twtches and tics tho and have generally been a wierd kid since I was little

I'm not sure whether I have autism, I can read people and social situations well, I just can't function within them. I have some twtches and tics tho and have generally been a wierd kid since I was little
Me too man, were you bullied as a kid ?

I'm not sure whether I have autism, I can read people and social situations well, I just can't function within them.
This. Im NT in my head, but when it comes to socializing, Im autistic

3relatable6me

"What's funny is that i interact with older people (+25) much more better than people my age", exactly same situation :c

except the part where you say you can MAKE friends.. Well I can't MAKE friends.. fml just lol

"I thought it was my face but i know way more uglier people than me with friends and social circles."
This too, I always thought it was all about my face but then I was like "wait a minute, I see 2/10 subhumans with friends and they seem happy.

We have to accept our lives without friends or social interactions.

I lived like that my entire childhood, and ive been living again completely isolated for almost 3 years now. I only tried to socialize and learn social skills in college, and it didnt work, so i can really relate to your experience. I also tried to mantain "friendships" from one year of college to another, for example, and never succeeded. I think that if you are despaired people notice and despise you. I think that all my life it was pretty obvious for anyone that interacted with me that i really needed any kind of social life. And people dont like that. Not even low tier normies and failed normies.
IDK. I think that my parents fucked up. They should have noticed that their kid was a bit aspie (or extremely shy and socially clueless since ever) and should tried to do something about it. Instead, i spent my first years in this world almost alone, while my parents were working. I think thats the main difference between me and almost anyone else. Most people had any kind of socialization when they were kids. I had none. Zero at all, and i did not even find this a problem because i was shy and loved to be alone. Now i know that i was condemning myself to everlasting isolation. :feelsbadman:

everyone usually thinks im something that im not

so after we talk they probably act cool for a week and then do this out of nowhere, just lol if you have to keep messaging someone first.

fuck people

I lived like that my entire childhood, and ive been living again completely isolated for almost 3 years now. I only tried to socialize and learn social skills in college, and it didnt work, so i can really relate to your experience. I also tried to mantain "friendships" from one year of college to another, for example, and never succeeded. I think that if you are despaired people notice and despise you. I think that all my life it was pretty obvious for anyone that interacted with me that i really needed any kind of social life. And people dont like that. Not even low tier normies and failed normies.
IDK. I think that my parents fucked up. They should have noticed that their kid was a bit aspie (or extremely shy and socially clueless since ever) and should tried to do something about it. Instead, i spent my first years in this world almost alone, while my parents were working. I think thats the main difference between me and almost anyone else. Most people had any kind of socialization when they were kids. I had none. Zero at all, and i did not even find this a problem because i was shy and loved to be alone. Now i know that i was condemning myself to everlasting isolation. :feelsbadman:
I know how you feel man. I literally tried everything to maintain friendships but nothing worked. Tried being good, kind, supportive, asshole, caring, ignoring, literally tried everything. All kinds of people seem to be unattracted to me like i'm a different speices or something, and a large portion of them even treated me like a worthless piece of shit. Eventually i gave up and had decided to not try anymore. I now never interact with anyone and have no social media or anything and just spend all day talking to no one except people on this forum.

so after we talk they probably act cool for a week and then do this out of nowhere, just lol if you have to keep messaging someone first.

fuck people
Yeah i've given up on humanity.

i wonder if im autistic cause i really dont know

You're just ugly

Yeah, it's the same with me as well. I can hold a conversation with an older person longer than my peer group, but you're right about it never lasting long. I think people in general have become more isolated/selfish in a way that, none of us really understand each other anymore. Sure, I can have a conversation about comic books with my fellow man but then never see/talk to them again. I've gotten so use to it that the idea of any friendship is pretty much dead in the water, let alone a fucking relationship with a femoid. It's weird that I've become so accustomed to loneliness that it scares me to know I'm living this life solo.

fuck people
Exactly and usually that's how I take a hint of myself being a burden/unwanted. Being the one to initiate every conversation/hang out proves that. Just don't text back/hang out again and the silence speaks for itself.

Exactly and usually that's how I take a hint of myself being a burden/unwanted. Being the one to initiate every conversation/hang out proves that. Just don't text back/hang out again and the silence speaks for itself.

yeah i think everyone who had a facebook at some point or a messenger can relate to that

i'd add someone from my school, initiate the conversation, and they'd never talk to me again unless i was the one messaging first. what a joke.

probably. i relate with being able to talk to much older people better.

If you have to ask then you are

Ask your primary care psysician