Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Adoption: A Failed Experiment

Waylan

Waylan

Recruit
★★
Adoption, among many other things in the west, is another failed experiment. Adoption is in itself rather cruel. The child will always feel unwanted and worthless because despite how great your adoptive parents are, you’ll still ultimately ask “why didn’t my parents want me?" Anyone who has studied adoption knows that no matter what, the adoptee will always feel this way and the trauma never really goes away.

Adoptive parents cannot love adoptive kids the way they do their biological kids. They just can't, it's human nature. There is a special bond, be it chemical or otherwise, that occurs as a result of the pregnancy and/or birthing process. Because this bond is created during those processes, it would be impossible to replicate it with an adopted child. This bond translates into a kind of love, and because the adopted child does not receive this kind of love from their parent, they are loved less. Again, it is human nature/biology to feel an un-replicable bond with your biological child. Think about it this way: if there is no difference between the potential love felt for a biological and adopted child, why do most people try to have their own children first, and see adoption as a last resort?

Adoption is in its basis supposed to be good. If you have decent competent people who wish to help raising a kid, then it's a good idea, right? Wrong. The problem is that it is too good to be true. Any student of human history can tell you that we're such pleasant creatures, capable of mass murder and other acts of depravity more often than we're capable of goodness.

If I found out I was adopted I'd think I'd lose my mind. The idea of my identity being a lie created and perpetuated by the "parents" would gnaw away at my soul. I would deny them and the real parents any sort of love, for they are undeserving of it. My hatred for them would be almost homicidal. I might not love anyone. Ever. Adoptive parents are bottom-feeding, cloying liars whose love isn't even real. Just a bland, cookie-cutter imitation of it.

What I'm saying is that adoption does not meet the overly benevolent criteria that is so often portrayed in the media. Look at the movie Juno, which I absolutely hated: she gives her child away to some crazy pedophile chick just so she can be with Bleeker. What's worse, it was a secret (closed) adoption, meaning the kid is going to be lied to the rest of life, none the wiser. Need I say "lowlife?" Also, adoption seems more like a way of making children into commodities. "White male baby, fresh from the womb! Get it while it's yucky!"

The other day I was reading an AITA thread on Reddit from a woman who is rehoming a foster kid because she found out she can have a biological child. As you can imagine, the response was overwhelmingly "You're The Asshole." The idea of adoption is take in a child and love them and raise them as your own. If you lived up to that, you wouldn't care about having a bio kid. And can you imagine pain the bio kid will feel when they find out? She said she can't afford to have two extra kids but what if she has twins?

It's cruel, yes, but it's true because human nature. Like I said, you can't love a foster kid the same as a bio kid.

For the record, I wasn't adopted but my dad was. His adoptive parents had a bio kid shortly after him and as you can imagine, they were treated very differently in childhood. For me growing up they tried to love us the same but couldn't. They look like tryhards. It's adorable, really. My dad would be pissed if he ever read this but I really don't care. Live in delusion, I don't care.

For the past 3-4 years I've suffered a lot of scrutiny from some female cousins for this. At first I just shrugged it off and thought it was foids being foids and starting drama over arbitrary shit, but this has really opened my eyes to the fact. They're right, we're not family. We can't ever be. Period.

So consider adoption a failed experiment. Fueled purely on sensitivity and not on logic. This goes on the long list of other failed western experiments such as thinking women are equal to men, blacks deserve rights, homosexuality is natural, you can change your gender, etc. This shit is ruining the goddamn country. Oh well.

Brutal son of an adopted dad pill

I wouldn't care if I was adopted. Like who cares lol

Nirvana fallacy.

Also, disagree, adoption does improve a child's quality life and is reported to increase their IQ points by 12-18 (when the child goes from a poor family to a upper middle class family)

Nah i don't agree. I honestly do believe that adoptive parents are able to love an adopted child the same as a biological one (of course , this also varies depending on the age the child was adopted at. The bond between an adopted child and its non biological parents will obviously stronger and deeeper if the child was adopted as a wee baby rather than say a 9 year old).
Yes there will always be a lingering feeling of sadness and insicurity regarding being "unwanted" by the real parents but i think most adopted people understand that it was probably for the best , that they might not have actually been "unwanted" per se but that their bio parents simply knew they didn't have the right assets to raise a child in the right conditions and decided to give the child a possibility for a brighter future :feelsautistic:

tbh it's better than being stuck in an orphanage or group home

The child will always feel unwanted and worthless because despite how great your adoptive parents are, you’ll still ultimately ask “why didn’t my parents want me?" Anyone who has studied adoption knows that no matter what, the adoptee will always feel this way and the trauma never really goes away.
That's a reason not to have kids just to give them up for adoption, but not a reason not to adopt them.

Also that stuff might not apply if they don't know their parents gave them up - like maybe they think their parents died or something and they're just happy to find someone who loves them?

Adoptive parents cannot love adoptive kids the way they do their biological kids. They just can't, it's human nature. There is a special bond, be it chemical or otherwise, that occurs as a result of the pregnancy and/or birthing process.

That shit is no guarantee, plenty of biological parents who have negligible love for their offspring, I bet a lot of us could provide a lot more love than a lot of biological parents.

I get what you're saying, there is a very strong correlation here, but there are no guarantees, and a good person can provide more genuine love and care than some shitty person who becomes an abusive biological parent.

Because this bond is created during those processes, it would be impossible to replicate it with an adopted child. This bond translates into a kind of love, and because the adopted child does not receive this kind of love from their parent, they are loved less.
You probably only process that if there's a biological child to compare with, or if you notice friends w/ biological parents receiving more love than you do.

If however friends w/ bio parents have shitty uncaring parents and your adoptive parent cares for you more, I don't think it would both you.

Again, it is human nature/biology to feel an un-replicable bond with your biological child. Think about it this way: if there is no difference between the potential love felt for a biological and adopted child, why do most people try to have their own children first, and see adoption as a last resort?
That's due to the common impulse to want to spread your DNA which most normies can't overcome.

Doesn't mean it's impossible it just means you need to be that much better a person to overcome your instincts and embrace your non-familial adoptees.

Adoption is in its basis supposed to be good. If you have decent competent people who wish to help raising a kid, then it's a good idea, right? Wrong. The problem is that it is too good to be true.
Having decent competent biolgoical parents is itself too good to be true.