Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious About aspergers and cursing

• Thread starter your personality
  • Start date
Y

your personality

Self-banned
-
Does anyone feel that given how people with aspergers are described as tending to be quiet, soft spoken and shy, it is weird when someone says they have aspergers and they curse shortly after in a conversation?
Cursing occassionally but not too frequently is seen as an NT trait while not cursing at all is sometimes seen as a non-NT trait.

It's more of a sign of disinhibition and a limited vocabulary which are unlike asperger mannerisms of being shy and verbose.

It's more of a sign of disinhibition and a limited vocabulary which are unlike asperger mannerisms of being shy and verbose.

I know, but it seems more common for cursing among people with aspergers to be prevalent than I first thought. It took me a while to understand this but it makes sense since cursing is done out of frustration and aspergers male suffer a lot compared to NT males.

I also don't quite buy when some rappers say they have aspergers because you can't fake being NT and being a rapper requires being NT.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK

I curse way too muoh. I've often been told it doens't fit my persona at all. It's a trait I inherited from the family I grew up in.

I curse way too muoh. I've often been told it doens't fit my persona at all. It's a trait I inherited from the family I grew up in.

Yeah high inhib, non-NT looking male cursing is done for laughs and is not taken seriously. You can get away with slipping in a curse word slyly here and there but only occasionally.

Yeah high inhib, non-NT looking male cursing is done for laughs and is not taken seriously. You can get away with slipping in a curse word slyly here and there but only occasionally.
I can't help it. It's just ingrained in my vocabulary.

I can't help it. It's just ingrained in my vocabulary.

It's fine. Using substitute curse words like 'frick' and 'crap' in place of actual curse words only gets you mocked and is almost universally considered cringy.

If you listen to music or movies with a lot of curse words or you are around people that curse a lot then you'll probably be more likely to curse in stressful situations too.

No I seen this a lot with @Personalityinkwell

i never curse in front of other ppl irl

I never curse when speaking, only when texting (rarely though)