Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

A final explanation for people who deny lookism and the blackpill

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
I believe it simply comes down to low self-awareness. Is this coded language for stupidity? I don't know, there are many possible reasons for lack of self-awareness. Maybe it's a lack of a certain circuitry in the brain. Some people have low self-awareness because they can cope better with life that way. I assume most of IT posters are slightly ugly and cope better in life with the delusion that looks don't matter. If it works for them, gives them more confidence, godspeed to them.

Our cerebrum, the most advanced part of our brain, is the siege of intelligence, willpower, morality and good intentions. The "godly" part of the human brain. Thinking that looks don't matter in love feels good to the cerebrum. We have all started life thinking that there is someone for everyone, that people are nice, that behavior is what matters, and that your life cannot fail for something as petty and cruel as looks. We have all started life deluded in this respect.

On the other hand, our limbic system, a far more ancient part of our brain, is still extremely primitive and cruel and still handles most of the algorithms involved in choosing a mate.

For incels and blackpilled people, the cerebrum has acknowledged the existence and power of the limbic system. We have self-awareness. We know that when it comes down to choosing a mate, the limbic system will slightly influence us into putting undue weight on looks. We know that it's the same for everyone else. We notice the hypocrisy of people who say that they are not interested in looks, and then, when it comes to actual choice of a partner, actually go for the most comely when the personalities are equal.

Bluepilled people have no self-awareness. The cerebrum doesn't "talk" with the limbic system, doesn't acknowledge its existence. This is basically pride: it's attempting to negate the immoral, less noble aspects of yourself. The Catholic Church, which is not really into evolutionary psychology but ultimately shares the same conclusions about human nature, thinks the attempt to deny this evil part of mankind is an act with dangerous consequences, notably in education (Vatican Catechism of 1992).

So, should you feel angry about the existence of such people? Yeah, probably. Because hypocrisy and delusion are unattractive traits in general. But should you obsess about them daily? I don't think so. I think these people live on a whole another plane of existence, should be left alone, and should leave us alone.

Last edited:
*the rock clapping gif*

Glad that I'm appreciated.

I am even more glad that this place exists to share my thoughts. I hope it lasts forever. The incel community must continue to grow and thrive because it is ultimately a community about the truth on human nature, with implications going far beyond sexuality.