Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory "A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link"

Hopium

Hopium

Self-banned
-
We are inevitably linked to others
Source

the way we treat another person causes a chain reaction and eventually comes back to us

I believe incels are the weakest link
23d5d9257937895634ad6900943

That's why they break

If society is a chain seems like it cannot go forward unless the incels become stronger
@Transcended Trucel @Cybersex is our hope @the virgin shepherd @bing @Luzifer @InMinecraft

Every man for himself. There is no chain

it depends on where the weakest link is.
if it's at one of the extremes, it doesn't matter for the rest of the chain when it breaks.
hence why incels are pushed to the bottom or more often aren't part of the chain at all.

Morality, karma, and collectivism is cope.

it depends on where the weakest link is.
if it's at one of the extremes, it doesn't matter for the rest of the chain when it breaks.
hence why incels are pushed to the bottom or more often aren't part of the chain at all.
I'm not big on the chain allegory
so pay no extra mind
but we are all bound by "the law of cause and effect"

collectivism is a vague term
what I can say for certain
you will always have to live with other people
a man is nothing on his own
anything worthwile was achieved via organized group

a man is nothing on his own
anything worthwile was achieved via organized group
Incels are rejected from the group, and so are most men unless they getting used as a production unit as a wage slave. And men can accomplish stuff on their own

Incels are rejected from the group, and so are most men unless they getting used as a production unit as a wage slave. And men can accomplish stuff on their own
see how you used plural?
men can:feelsokman:

:yes::yes:

We're social rejects. We're not part of a chain. We only have ourselves to look after, because ourselves are the only people who give a shit about us. I'm the only person who gives a shit about me.

Why would any of us give a fuck about the "weakest link"? Let them crumble. I stand firm on my own social island.

In the glare of a light,
I see a strange kind of sight;
Of cages joined to form a star
Each person can't go very far;
All tied to their things
They're netted by their strings,
Free to flutter in memories of their wasted wings.

Can you live on your own, completely independent from everyone, including farmers, maintenance workers, and everyone else who upkeeps your current lifestyle? If you say yes, then there's no chain for you. But for practically every other human, they are dependent on at least someone else for some aspect of their life.

'materialist' is often used as 'superficial'
Yes. Literally <0.00001% of people mean philosophical materialism when they use the word.

Can you live on your own, completely independent from everyone, including farmers, maintenance workers, and everyone else who upkeeps your current lifestyle? If you say yes, then there's no chain for you. But for practically every other human, they are dependent on at least someone else for some aspect of their life.
when you look at it that way it’s not really a chain, it’s a huge mass gathering with millions of people in every field so there is no “weakness link” since there’s millions of people in everything. But in terms of a man accomplishing something or doing whatever he wants, he’s on his own

when you look at it that way it’s not really a chain, it’s a huge mass gathering with millions of people in every field so there is no “weakness link” since there’s millions of people in everything. But in terms of a man accomplishing something or doing whatever he wants, he’s on his own
OP is looking at society as the chain and as parts of it as links in the chain. The individual is not supposed to be a chain link in the chain link analogy, but the group in society that the individual belongs to. Incels as a loosely collected group of disenfranchised and low status males in society is one of those links. This is what the OP is getting at. In my post the farmers are one link and the maintenance workers another.

OP is looking at society as the chain and as parts of it as links in the chain. The individual is not supposed to be a chain link in the chain link analogy, but the group in society that the individual belongs to. Incels as a loosely collected group of disenfranchised and low status males in society is one of those links. This is what the OP is getting at. In my post the farmers are one link and the maintenance workers another.
I still don’t believe in the “weakest link” analogy because any group or part of society will have so many people in any link that anyone that is weak will be replaced. And as far as incels go, they’re not really part of a chain. They might buy food and other goods but they’re not part of a link pr anything. They’re just a group that exists

i don't think soyciety is a single chain because that assumes linear causality. it's more like a web
I agree
taking hierarchy into account it's a pyramid
As a man you must raise your own value first before you're able to establish worthwhile connections
so your PoV is absolutely valid for the place you find yourself in now

Last edited:
I still don’t believe in the “weakest link” analogy because any group or part of society will have so many people in any link that anyone that is weak will be replaced.
The individual doesn't matter, but the group as a whole. The individuals only matter if there's a large enough proportion of them in the group that weaken the group. If the group in question is an integral part of society, then weakness in this group is a weakness in society.

And as far as incels go, they’re not really part of a chain. They might buy food and other goods but they’re not part of a link pr anything. They’re just a group that exists
That's strictly false. There is may be no "incel collective" i.e., group, but all of us are going through something that is hurting society in the long run (we're currently going through the mouse utopia experiment in real time). The societal problem of inceldom is felt as a whole across many disparate pockets in society. Men do most of the important work that keep a society and civilization going. These days men are checking out in record numbers. This means less families, mortgages, overall consumption etc.

There a lot of incels, but only a small number are black pilled to the point of giving the finger to society and letting it slowly crumble.

Last edited:
The individual doesn't matter, but the group as a whole. The individuals only matter if there's a large enough proportion of them in the group that weaken the group. If the group in question is an integral part of society, then weakness in this group is a weakness in society.

That's strictly false. There is may be no "incel collective" i.e., group, but all of us are going through something that is hurting society in the long run (we're currently going through the mouse utopia experiment in real time). The societal problem of inceldom is felt as a whole across many disparate pockets in society. Men do most of the important work that keep a society and civilization going. These days men are checking out in record numbers. This means less families, mortgages, overall consumption etc.

There a lot of incels, but only a small number are black pilled to the point of giving the finger to society and letting it slowly crumble.
I think you've given it more thought than me!
I agree, bro

I think you've given it more thought than me!
I agree, bro
We sparsely talk about this subject (inceldom and society) here, but it has come up a handful of times. It's getting so bad that even mainstream "experts" and the MSM can't ignore it. Of course, they never acknowledge the root of the problem that leads to disenfranchisement of men in society, and instead blame men for things like not being qualified enough for be marriage material, resulting in a "marriage problem" for women, for example. JFL

That will never happen since there’s millions of people in any industry or part of society and if it does then new people will rush in because of supply and demand. But say what you’re talking about does happen, it won’t break the chain, it’ll just be an inconvenience. That’s why I don’t think the chain is a good analogy
There’s sooooooooo many men in our society, it literally makes no difference what happens to incels. Incels are just a bi product of society. But if you’re talking about all men, it’s not a chain analogy you’re just taking half of the population
Not part of a chain, just a small minors that exists

I agree
taking hierarchy into account it's a pyramid

As a man you must raise your own value first before you're able to establish worthwhile connections
so your PoV is absolutely valid for the place you find yourself in now
But say you raise your value and make money on your own, why are you as strong as the “weakest link”? Say you raise your value and establish connections, you’re not as strong as the weakest link since you can have multiple different links. A faulty link can be compensation for or replaced

We sparsely talk about this subject (inceldom and society) here, but it has come up a handful of times. It's getting so bad that even mainstream "experts" and the MSM can't ignore it. Of course, they never acknowledge the root of the problem that leads to disenfranchisement of men in society, and instead blame men for things like not being qualified enough for be marriage material, resulting in a "marriage problem" for women, for example. JFL
It is honked
But say you raise your value and make money on your own, why are you as strong as the “weakest link”? Say you raise your value and establish connections, you’re not as strong as the weakest link since you can have multiple different links. A faulty link can be compensation for or replaced
sorry but you got me lost
maybe you could rephrase your point

That will never happen since there’s millions of people in any industry or part of society and if it does then new people will rush in because of supply and demand.
That's right, which is why for a link to be weakening means that something has to be going seriously wrong. If you take incels as one of these chains, and if you take the effects of inceldom on society to be strong enough to have a real effect, then you would say that there's something seriously going wrong with incels as a group in society to be weakening it that much.

Say we had sexbots and artificial womb technology. We'd still have incels in society, since female hypergamy, but on the whole, incels would be highly contributing to society and mostly content with their lot in life. In such a case incels wouldn't be a weak link.

But say what you’re talking about does happen, it won’t break the chain, it’ll just be an inconvenience. That’s why I don’t think the chain is a good analogy
OK, yes, but the chain link is us, and there's a gradual and continuous rise in inceldom in society. In this current society more incels is a net negative.

Like I said in my earlier post, the breaking would occur at the point where the group got large enough with a high enough proportion of black pilled incels, which would mean the gears of society across many industries would slow down and may eventually halt. This would be a very slow process and hard to spot, but it is happening.

It may not be a great analogy, but it does sufficiently capture our current situation in relation to society.

There’s sooooooooo many men in our society, it literally makes no difference what happens to incels. Incels are just a bi product of society. But if you’re talking about all men, it’s not a chain analogy you’re just taking half of the population
It's true, we're a byproduct of this sick and weakening society. We don't know the true number of incels in society so we can't accurate gauge the effect on society, but what happens to us does make a difference, because, as I said, if enough of us across all areas of society feel like there's no point, we stop contributing (not as an organized whole, just separately all over the place) and that will hurt society.

This would have to be higher than the rate of replacement in the chain links you mentioned.

Not part of a chain, just a small minors that exists
If the internet is any indication, the number of black pilled people are rising. A good chunk are going to be incels for whom it never began.

Last edited:
It is honked

sorry but you got me lost
maybe you could rephrase your point
Im talking about your original post. There is no chain and weakest link for incels and most people

That's right, which is why for a link to be weakening means that something has to be going seriously wrong. If you take incels as one of these chains, and if you take the effects of inceldom on society to be strong enough to have a real effect, then you would say that there's something seriously going wrong with incels as a group in society to be weakening it that much.
The number of incels in society will never have an effect on soiety. There will always be enough men who get at least a little bit of sex to stay bluepilled enough to contribute to jobs who don’t wanna go homeless. And many incels will still contribute because they wanna have homes and money for food and copes.
And say all the men drop out, there’s still gonna be a society, the dynamics might just change some. There will be no collapse from the weakest link on the chain snapping.
Say we had sexbots and artificial womb technology. We'd still have incels in society, since female hypergamy, but on the whole, incels would be highly contributing to society and mostly content with their lot in life. In such a case incels wouldn't be a weak link.
Even i they weren’t, the number of incels is too small to make any difference
OK, yes, but the chain link is us, and there's a gradual and continuous rise in inceldom in society. In this current society more incels is a net negative.

Like I said in my earlier post, the breaking would occur at the point where the group got large enough with a high enough proportion of black pilled incels, which would mean the gears of society across many industries would slow down and may eventually halt. This would be a very slow process and hard to spot, but it is happening.
Again, the number of incels will always be way too small to make any significant difference in anything. But if almost all the men suddenly decided to drop out of society, things would just change some, like they would go off and form their own communities. There would be no collapse, just a change.
It’s not a chain analogy, it’s just because nearly half the population would stop being part of it
It may not be a great analogy, but it does sufficiently capture our current situation in relation to society.

It's true, we're a byproduct of this sick and weakening society. We don't know the true number of incels in society so we can't accurate gauge the effect on society, but what happens to us does make a difference, because, as I said, if enough of us across all areas of society feel like there's no point, we stop contributing (not as an organized whole, just separately all over the place) and that will hurt society.
Everywhere you’ll see workers like firemen, street cleaners, businessmen, retail workers, kids going to college, who are not incels. There will never be enough incels to make any difference. And lots of incels will still work because they want food and a place to live
This would have to be higher than the rate of replacement in the chain links you mentioned.

If the internet is any indication, the number of black pilled people are rising. A good chunk are going to be incels for whom it never began.
Not enough to make any difference, and if there was, society would just change some