Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

6th generation was the peak of gaming

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
6th generation of gaming includes the GameCube, Xbox, Dreamcast, PS2, and GBA. Imo it is the best generation of gaming in regards to the sheer amount of great and creative games being released. I have a fond spot for the 5th generation as well but imo the 6th generation is when devs (especially Japanese ones) really figured out how to make 3d games and started to become immensely creative. In generations that came afterwards developers would become less creative as budgets began to continually inflate thus making new ideas a risk.

Thoughts?

Yeah late 90s and mid 00s was the golden era of video games. While 7th gen still had a lot of great games, devs focus started to shift toward walking sims and story games with little to no combat. And 8th gen was the moment when video games died.

Last edited:
LMFAO. I don't understand how anyone could enjoy the these games. They make me sleepy
3 of those 5 were massive flops that buried their companies. I suppose not many of people enjoyed them either :lul: And normies got brainwashed to like dogshit Soy of War. Lies of P is only okay game from that list, but doesn't mean it was enjoyable to play since vast majority of enemies are super easy to kill but they made bosses so unfun to fight that i gave up on it after a couple of bosses, it's all about super tight timings and i'm too old for that shit only zoomers can play those games.

3 of those 5 were massive flops that buried their companies. I suppose not many of people enjoyed them either :lul: And normies got brainwashed to like dogshit Soy of War. Lies of P is only okay game from that list, but doesn't mean it was enjoyable to play since vast majority of enemies are super easy to kill but they made bosses so unfun to fight that i gave up on it after a couple of bosses, it's all about super tight timings and i'm too old for that shit only zoomers can play those games.
Trial and error gameplay like that is more of a waste of time than it is actually difficult.

Trial and error gameplay like that is more of a waste of time than it is actually difficult.
I still enjoy souls games since you can actually fail a couple of times in a fight and still defeat a boss but not in Lies of Piss, you either play it perfectly like a programmed robot or give up :dafuckfeels: It's a game made by Koreans so it's no surprise they are most fake and artificial bunch of people out there.

Anyway playing Ghost in the shell ps2 game (undub pre-installed) and it's pretty cool so far.
Pcsx2 qt 2024 09 07 20 43 21
Do we really need hyperrealistic graphics and masochistic bosses? I don't think so.

Mid to late 2000s was gaming's peak. The PS2, Original Xbox & Gamecube have the best games to this day.

6th generation of gaming includes the GameCube, Xbox, Dreamcast, PS2, and GBA. Imo it is the best generation of gaming in regards to the sheer amount of great and creative games being released. I have a fond spot for the 5th generation as well but imo the 6th generation is when devs (especially Japanese ones) really figured out how to make 3d games and started to become immensely creative. In generations that came afterwards developers would become less creative as budgets began to continually inflate thus making new ideas a risk.

Thoughts?
Water is Wet
Yeah late 90s and mid 00s was the golden era of video games. While 7th gen still had a lot of great games, devs focus started to shift toward walking sims and story games with little to no combat. And 8th gen was the moment when video games died.
PC at that era was lit

Yep, second best was the one afterwards (ps3, wii, 360)

Then after that, everything went to shit

6th gen is also my favorite. So many games, graphics became good enough, online play and updates but before DLC became truly predatory, XBox/PS2 were easily hackable and great for all forms of entertainment.

4th gen would be my second favorite because I'm old. I'm playing through a lot of these games now, especially PC Engine/TurboGrafx16.

7th would be next. The final decent gen before online became rampant and games got dumbed down too much and too far into like playable movies. Console and controller quality also started going to shit. Became time to switch to PC.

5th gen 3D is too primitive for me. Ruins a lot of those games.

I agree mostly.

it was a golden age where games were transitioning from retro to modern

Thoughts?
6th, 7th and some games from 8th were peak gaming.

Thoughts?
5th generation I like the Ps1/Sega Saturn/N64 better.

Thoughts?
The transition from a 4mb cartridge to 700mb CD was the most important revolution in the gaming industry, as the volume of media increased 175 times. And some games on ps 1 were generally on 4 discs, like Final fantasy 8.

Agreed. I never got bored with them.

Killer7 is one of the greatest piece of media no one knows.

Modern games put too much emphasis on graphics, presentation and live services. In the 2000s, you had dozens of amazing games coming out each year. They looked simpler but were still extremely fun. And after you were done with them, you weren't stuck waiting a huge portion of your life for the sequel.

These days, I'm lucky to find even a few games I really enjoy. And then you're stuck waiting many years for something else that's worth playing. It has been over a decade since the last GTA and TES game.

Agreed. 2002-2007 was PEAK for gaming.