Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion 500 days of summer

buried_alive

buried_alive

Major
★★★★★
Has anyone seen the movie 500 day of summer?

What do you think about it? Blackpill-wise

Never seen it tbh, what’s it about?

Zooey Deschanel's character dicks around The Smiths-loving Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character when in a relationship. It is a redpilled film I would say.

I watched the movie a few days ago. Tbh I don't think it is a blackpilled movie. I think You relate more with the protagonist if you dated in the past.

i actually was planning for a while now to watch that movie over my holiday break.
after reading a synopsis on wikipedia, i feel like the film would resonate deeply with me. but only because i'm a hopeless romantic cel.

Zooey Deschanel's character dicks around The Smiths-loving Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character when in a relationship. It is a redpilled film I would say.
Yeah
In fact he met another women at the end and maybe they started dating after
Yeah, maybe they did, they nothing happened. The movie leaves it open.
I watched the movie a few days ago. Tbh I don't think it is a blackpilled movie. I think You relate more with the protagonist if you dated in the past.
Or if you've been lead on by a woman before. Joseph's character is pretty lovestruck before anything happens

It's an anti romantic comedy. I can't say more without giving spoilers so...

The guy ends up alone in the end despite his efforts, but he had a relationship first, at least. At first he meats a woman who leads him on hard during the movie and in the end she drops him and marries some other dude that changed her mind about everything (she didn't like marriage). No explanation is given for this, which is why this movie is one-of-a-kind. I think this is actually based on normal life, where women will drop a man for no reason other than a chadder man showing up.

i actually was planning for a while now to watch that movie over my holiday break.
after reading a synopsis on wikipedia, i feel like the film would resonate deeply with me. but only because i'm a hopeless romantic cel.
I think it probably would.

My slight problem with the movie is that being a reject would've much better if it happened like in the movie.

My slight problem with the movie is that being a reject would've much better if it happened like in the movie.
i'll have to watch the movie to see what you mean woohoo hopefully i remember to come back to this thread when i do

It's an anti romantic comedy. I can't say more without giving spoilers so...

The guy ends up alone in the end despite his efforts, but he had a relationship first, at least. At first he meats a woman who leads him on hard during the movie and in the end she drops him and marries some other dude that changed her mind about everything (she didn't like marriage). No explanation is given for this, which is why this movie is one-of-a-kind. I think this is actually based on normal life, where women will drop a man for no reason other than a chadder man showing up.
Holy shit that’s brutal, but at least it is realistic.

NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :feelsree: :feelsree: :feelsree:

Where's my Summer? How many more actual summers will pass before I get my Summer?

I think it probably would.

i watched the movie twice, because i really liked it.
i don't get what you mean still though

i watched the movie twice, because i really liked it.
i don't get what you mean still though
My point is that even the guy gets destroyed by Summer and this is shown to be awful, but I'd prefer going trough that than inceldom. It's better to be a reject if you've been accepted before.

My point is that even the guy gets destroyed by Summer and this is shown to be awful, but I'd prefer going trough that than inceldom. It's better to be a reject if you've been accepted before.
me too. at least tom presumably has fallen in and out of relationships throughout his life, and is gl.
besides that, he had a pretty sick apartment too and seemed like money wasn't an issue for him

me too. at least tom presumably has fallen in and out of relationships throughout his life, and is gl.
besides that, he had a pretty sick apartment too and seemed like money wasn't an issue for him
Agreed, aside from the trainwreck than Summer left, his life seemed pretty awesome, which is why the movies shows him bouncing back at the end.

Agreed, aside from the trainwreck than Summer left, his life seemed pretty awesome, which is why the movies shows him bouncing back at the end.
This movie reminds me of "paper towns"
A normie in suburb America befriends a female who he simps for, they hang out as friends he catches feelings, she disappears
He starts looking for her

This movie reminds me of "paper towns"
A normie in suburb America befriends a female who he simps for, they hang out as friends he catches feelings, she disappears
He starts looking for her
I'll check it out. Although I can't stand Cara Delevigne