Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

4 Amazingly Weird and Psychedelic Video Games

watcher

watcher

Life passing by as I watch
★★
I will not mention very obvious choices like the LSD on the PS1

Tail of the Sun

You control cavemen who have to gather mammoth's tusks in order to build a tower of bones to reach the Sun and collect its "tail", even though the gameplay is clunky and the graphics are primitive, this game has a lot of style. You are free to move wherever you want from the start and you are also always bumping into weird shit... the atmosphere in this game is masterfully crafted, the sound effects and music add to the weirdness of it all, making you feel completely isolated as you travel very far, having no idea of what you will find next... the game even have some weird nice touches like a day-night cycle and different powers that you can obtain with tattoos... the game is not for everyone, though, if you don't like weirdness, don't bother.

Tots title
Tots
Maxresdefault

Pandemonium

A classic of the PS1, everything in this game's world is filled with uniqueness and weirdness, this game oozes creativity, from the characters' designs to the enemies, the stages have nice touches too. The game is not afraid to be colorful and insane, so you are always wondering what comes next. This game and the sequel (Pandemonium 2) are worth playing, but even if you don't want to play them, just watching the gameplay can be a blast due to how crazy this game is... but it does get a little bland at the end though, maybe they ran out of time (or spent all their creativity on the earlier levels) the hand-painted backgrounds make this game look beautiful to this day.

1066461-pandemonium_f.png
pandemoniumscreenshot1.jpg
pandemonium-playstation-ps1-1304687785-004_m.jpg

Eastern Mind

This game... is not very good. It's an adventure point-and-click game with very cryptic ways to solve things, its not the kind of game you can just sit back and enjoy. It's weird as fuck and at least to me, extremely creepy looking... but deserves to be remembered for its weirdness... directed by the same mad man who did LSD on PS1 (Osamu Sato) and the story is about a man who lost his soul and he has to get it back... by reincarnating as different entities or something, really weird shit. The models are so weird and they move in such a disturbing way that I can't help but feel a creepy vibe coming from this game, especially considering many of its locations have a pit black sky, I can notice that even when the creatures are supposed to look harmless, they still creep me out. The music is catchy but not anything remarkable. The graphics are basically the early days of 3D, that creates that uncanny valley look.

Eastern_Mind_cover_art.jpg
2009_12_12_eastern_352.jpg
_resize.php

Hylics 2

This game is extremely unique even for this thread's standards... there is nothing like it out there, this is not an exaggeration. If you are into weird stuff, this game is for you. The gameplay is turn based RPG though so its pretty niche already, combine it with the psychedelic, alienating graphics and you have a cult classic, the enemies look like they had a lot of effort put into them, which explain why there are few enemies for a RPG (only 25) and it gives me the impression its a very difficult game. I know this game will be remembered for years to come, because just like the other games on this list, it ages well because the whole appeal of the game is how unique it looks. I had a shrooms trip once (fell for the meme of it making you more happy) and this game gives me flashbacks, no shit, watching this game is almost like going on a psychedelic trip... just for the graphics alone. The music also helps, its pretty good and also completely different than anything you ever heard of in a game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yo8I1-kZ6U

Last edited:
Hylixs 2 looks interesting and beautiful so I’ll try to save up for it.
Extremely high iq thread that .co deserves. These types of surreal games hit a soft spot for me

Hylixs 2 looks interesting and beautiful so I’ll try to save up for it.
Extremely high iq thread that .co deserves. These types of surreal games hit a soft spot for me
Based. Thanks!

This looks right up my alley