Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel 1 thing that drives me insane about Social Media. 35yo oldcel perspective.

B

bluecollarCEL

Recruit
Only fellow oldcel vets might understand this one right here so I will explain:

IN THE PAST when HS ended, well it fucking ended. If you were a loser it was over essentially.

That's how life was like for me. I was a loser all of my childhood.

Preschool - It ended. Elementary - It ended. Middle School - It ended. High School - It ended...wait

So there I was a loser in HS never went to 1 party, didn't have a car, no pussy, few friends, no prom, no sports, social outcast.

So it ended just like everything else, I was able to put it behind me and move on in life, but then a few years later fucking Social Media came on the scene.

And it is like a spotlight shining down on your existence to remind you that YOU NEVER MADE IT.

The thing that drives me insane is this: yes life goes on and people who were friends in HS really don't hang out anymore but Facebook specifically drives me nuts because they still KNOW whats happening in each others life's. When someone posts a picture and it gets a Like/Love whatever that Facebook shit is it shows me that they are still connected on some level.

And that makes me so depressed seeing that shit. Knowing that I blew my chance to have a good Social Life and it is too late. There is no fix to this problem. FOR the rest of my fucking life I have to see these people still connected to each other and know that there is nothing I can do about it. I am forever the outcast.

I thought my nightmare was over but it is a never ending nightmare that I have to adore. I can try to pretend like Facebook doesn't exist but as you know the word "Facebook" pops up fucking everywhere. You hear it on news reports, see the giftcards in stores. You CANNOT avoid it.

As soon as I hear the word Facebook I think about how I blew it and I can never fix this issue.

I bet if Social Media didn't exist Incels would be a lot happier. Ignorance is bliss. Seeing all of these pictures of how great everyone's life is really takes a toll on your mental health.

Lets have a moment of silence for all the friendless losers who committed suicide thanks to Social Media.

It's good not to have a cuckbook. Then normalfags won't be able to find you.

Everyone would be happier without social media, that is a fact. Its 100% smoke and mirrors. Those instagram thots with super toned bodies and giant abs workout non stop, eat like auschwitz jews and take a cocktail of drugs to sculpt their bodies, all so they can post a hot selfie.

I know exactly what you mean. 34cel here. Doesn't feel quite as bad as it did a few years ago. Even normies are a little jaded with social media. Still, I often think about how if my life was better, I would post on social media for my family at least. Instead I have an account that just sits doing nothing. I guess it is an accurate representation of my LDAR.

Everyone would be happier without social media, that is a fact. Its 100% smoke and mirrors. Those instagram thots with super toned bodies and giant abs workout non stop, eat like auschwitz jews and take a cocktail of drugs to sculpt their bodies, all so they can post a hot selfie.

Social media was indeed a further catastrophe for unattractive people. Now everybody can see that you are friendless. Fortunately, it's not mandatory to have social media.

I'm also 35 yo oldcel and we're basically the same person. Sometimes I like to torture myself and go on Normiebook and look at people from high school. The class Chad (a really nice guy, a gentleman and a scholar literally) is doing great and still looks pretty much the same. The class jock is bald now and his profile pic is him with his forearm over his bald head. All the girls that were hot in school are still hot, none of them have gotten fat (at least according to the pics). Some girls that weren't hot in school are now looking hot because of fakeup. Most of them have families now.

And I'm still rotting.

Social Media is the biggest fuk you to non social people. Even at 35 years old you gotta have a social media presence to seem normal.

People are feeding you specifically chosen rose tot red snapshots of their lives, not accurate representations.

I'm also 35 yo oldcel and we're basically the same person. Sometimes I like to torture myself and go on Normiebook and look at people from high school. The class Chad (a really nice guy, a gentleman and a scholar literally) is doing great and still looks pretty much the same. The class jock is bald now and his profile pic is him with his forearm over his bald head. All the girls that were hot in school are still hot, none of them have gotten fat (at least according to the pics). Some girls that weren't hot in school are now looking hot because of fakeup. Most of them have families now.

And I'm still rotting.

So true. All of the hot chicks are still fucking hot. All of the normie guys have families now.

All of the outcasts in HS. Are still fucking friendless outcasts.

For you youngcels who think the nerd wins in the end. You are sadly mistaken.

. Fortunately, it's not mandatory to have social media.
Maybe legally, but I got tons of raised eyebrows whenever I mentioned I didnt use FB. It marks you out socially as being a bit off.

I caved and now have about 10 friends :feelskek:

Maybe legally, but I got tons of raised eyebrows whenever I mentioned I didnt use FB. It marks you out socially as being a bit off.

I caved and now have about 10 friends :feelskek:

10 friends facebook might be worse than not having a facebook.

I dunno it kind of suggests "new account haven't readded everyone yet". I used to have about 90 friends when it first came out at university and I used it for a little while. That screamed "im trying but im a loser" when most people had 300 to 400 on average.

Fortunately, it's not mandatory to have social media.
That's like saying, fortunately you can seclude yourself in the woods. It doesn't matter if you have an account or not, it's part of the social sphere now.
I can try to pretend like Facebook doesn't exist but as you know the word "Facebook" pops up fucking everywhere. You hear it on news reports, see the giftcards in stores. You CANNOT avoid it.

Don't know, but it will sure flash warning signs.

Depending on how loser-looking you are, and how old your account is, people will either take pity on you or think you're a sociopath/extremely picky person who routinely wipes out his friend list.

I dunno it kind of suggests "new account haven't readded everyone yet". I used to have about 90 friends when it first came out at university and I used it for a little while. That screamed "im trying but im a loser" when most people had 300 to 400 on average.

LOL at new account. Facebook has been around 10+ years now.

If you have a "new account" and your just starting now, it screams loser.

I often have dreams that I will SOCIALLY ascend one day and get a real Facebook Account. But I know that it will never happen as these people have been on this shit for 10+ years and they would be like "where have you been bro" it is too late. And people my age hardly post shit anymore. The window of opportunity has closed for me. A lot of them are even deleting their facebooks and moving onto Instagram.

I waited too long I am forever a lone wolf.

35 is not old. I am 55, old enough to be your father. There was no social media when I was in school, Thank G-d.

You also get to see how happy most normies are. Ofc, irl they are not nearly as happy, but they're still doing 1000x better than you ever did and you get to see it everyday.

All the girls that were hot in school are still hot, none of them have gotten fat (at least according to the pics). Some girls that weren't hot in school are now looking hot because of fakeup. Most of them have families now.

And I'm still rotting.
I always laugh when I see MGTOW fags talking about how it's over for women once they reach 30. Ultra mega giga cope. A lot of woman from my hs look even better now than ever before, and only a very few of them became noticeably less attractive. There's no Wall at 30, it's pure MGTOW fantasy.

And it is like a spotlight shining down on your existence to remind you that YOU NEVER MADE IT.

It's the reason I never got on Facebook or similar platform. Why the fuck would I want to expose myself like that? The whole thing with social media is as stupid as it is unnecessary in my opinion.

why can't you just hide friends on that platform

one of the main points of the platform (why normies tell you to get one) is to be able to reach people and invite them to real life events, so why not?

You don't have to have social media accounts, but it's a bit of a red flag to normies. I choose not to use social media, but that is also a choice to alienate myself.

Thinking of deleting mine. It just makes me feel worse about being alone.

Indeed, OP.

The only solace for me is that most of the popular kids I grew up with have shitty lives like me. Divorced, fat, single mothers, shit slave job is their common standing.

Just. Get. Rid. Of. It.

As an incel there is absolutely no reason to be using social media. And even if you aren't a subhuman there are lots of other reasons that you should never let Facebook use you.
kbtgtcn10er01.png

I don't care if that's how normies organize events. I don't care if no social media presence signals loserhood. I would rather miss out than compromise on my ideals.

I don't use facebook or anything like that, would be entirely pointless for me. Social media is terrible in my opinion. With that said however a part of me wonders if my life would of been different in school if social media existed. I then realise it would of just been a virtual representation of my real life, emptiness and void of anything worth living for.

This, I tried Facebook and had double digit friends on it while most have thousands, all of them were male aswel because foids obviously don't want to know me, a guy said it to me before in front of loads of people "Damo why is there only guys on your Facebook friends list ?" My heart fucking sank when he said that, like how the fuck do you even respond to that, anyway I ended up deleting my profile and its probably better having no social media account then a pathetic one

There is an option to set your friend list private and nobody sees which people are your friends and how much friends you have. I've seen normies doing it, even chads. It is not that unconventional.

But Facebook is kinda old now, I think yung people use Insta and Snapchat now.

There is an option to set your friend list private and nobody sees which people are your friends and how much friends you have. I've seen normies doing it, even chads. It is not that unconventional.

Still kind of "new" to me. FB has only been around since 2008 or something like that. :p

Hell, I'm still slowly adapting to writing emails...

Yea, Instagram is the norm now, anything under 1000 followers on that app is seen as pathetic

high iq. cuckbook makes it so you can see what everyone you barely knew is doing forever and makes comparison easy increasing depression.