Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment No artificial light after sun set

Braincel14w

Braincel14w

Greycel
A big problem of mine since the start of adulthood has been not being able to get to sleep at a reasonable time. My mind is so active at night it's crazy. I'd be shocked if others here didn't have the same problem. Anyway I heard that blue light from screens can stop melatonin from being released. I tried wearing special shades to block it out but that didn't work at all. Then I heard about ANY artificial light being a problem, even very small amounts.

So last night I tried going without any artificial light at all after sun set. No lights, no iPad, no phone, no playstation, no laptop. I laid on my bed and watched it get dark and then got ready for bed. I did feel some tiredness come over me as it turned to night. Didn't get to sleep for about 3 hours after but that was a lot earlier than usual. I woke up naturally at 7am. Pretty unbelievable after just one night of trying this so I'll be continuing to do it.

Just thought I'd share this in case it inspires someone else to try it. Sleep is so damn important. I'd encourage you to try it if you have sleeping problems.

I hev gud sleep. Do you dim your lap top screen lights? That saved me.

legit dont have time for shit like this :rolleyes: blue light from your computer yadda yadda if I gave that much of a fuck to turn off my computer after 7 o clock i probably wouldnt even be here id probably be climbing a mountain or seeing how long i can do a handstand

I hev gud sleep. Do you dim your lap top screen lights? That saved me.
Yeah I've tried that on all my screens. It never made a difference at all. I think I'm mega sensitive to things. I gave up caffeine because of this shit too.

I use f.lux app on my laptop, try it.

just stop masturbating i can fall asleep w/e i want on nofap in 5mins max, when i fapped everyday i could legit take 5 hours to fall asleep lol

just stop masturbating i can fall asleep w/e i want on nofap in 5mins max, when i fapped everyday i could legit take 5 hours to fall asleep lol
I was doing no fap before it was a thing. Never helped me at all.

When the day when we will know for sure what fap does and doesn't to us will come? I'm fapping sometime to relax from depression a bit, Im just stressed and full of hatred 24/7,feel no real difference. And actually my voice gets more vibrations and deepness in the next day after fap

When the day when we will know for sure what fap does and doesn't to us will come? I'm fapping sometime to relax from depression a bit, Im just stressed and full of hatred 24/7,feel no real difference. And actually my voice gets more vibrations and deepness in the next day after fap
fapping makes your head more clear for a hour or so, but it makes you dependent. being dependent on something makes you a slave. we're slaves to eating and breathing but this is something one can resist, especially as it gives no real benefit except short term pleasure

Did you try blue light filter?

fapping makes your head more clear for a hour or so, but it makes you dependent. being dependent on something makes you a slave. we're slaves to eating and breathing but this is something one can resist, especially as it gives no real benefit except short term pleasure
It doesn't really make me slave, no difficulty in jerk off for 5 minutes. I'm more concerned about how it affects my body

Did you try blue light filter?
Yeah didn't help. I think the stimulation of whatever is on the screen is enough to stop the melatonin for me.

I use f.lux app on my laptop, try it.
been using it for like 8 years now, it's helpful and you don't even notice the change in colour after a while

It doesn't really make me slave, no difficulty in jerk off for 5 minutes. I'm more concerned about how it affects my body
I think cutting down to fapping once or twice after a week of no fap makes a big difference compared to doing it daily.

That's why i work nights. Some people are just naturally night owls.

legit dont have time for shit like this :rolleyes: blue light from your computer yadda yadda if I gave that much of a fuck to turn off my computer after 7 o clock i probably wouldnt even be here id probably be climbing a mountain or seeing how long i can do a handstand
lmao ur hilarious

JBFUf

Woke up naturally before 6am today. Definitely works a treat.

Maybe candles as a source of light works as well?

Last edited:
Maybe us candles as a source of light works as well?
Yeah that would no doubt be better than any other form of light if you need it. I'm going hardcore no light for now though. It means I have to go to bed at 8pm atm but that's no bother seeing as I have no life anyway.