Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Based 1997 North Hollywood Shootout Edits

lonelysince2006

lonelysince2006

The pessimist was right all along
-
Thought I would consolidate it all in one thread for the viewing pleasure of brocels.

Abridged version of a 15-minute edit I found on YouTube:

@Da_Yunez You might like this.

Interesting fact, my father watched this happen live on TV

So the driver's accomplice shot himself after the driver sped off?

So the driver's accomplice shot himself after the driver sped off?
He wasn't speeding off at all. Matasareanu was driving the getaway car to provide cover for Philips, who was still shooting at the police officers. The reason they didn't just hop in and get away was possibly because they were distracted by heavy gunfire and police presence and were probably afraid to gamble on driving through a sea of bullets being fired at them from all sides. They were also sedated and on phenobarbitals, which gave them a clouded state of mind and altered their judgment. I would also say they got too confident for their own good, a bit grandiose in their thinking; they thought they were invincible and could withstand and overpower the police and get away with their lives, something bolstered perhaps by their previous successful bank robberies that earned them the nickname "The High-Incident Bandits."

At this point in the shootout, Larry Philips Jr. had been heavily injured, and after suffering a gunshot wound to the wrist, decides to end it. Yeah, I guess he kind of ditched Matasareanu there.