Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

"You tell insecure young males that they're unlovable, the blackpill is toxic"

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
Wrong. 

Either you're ugly or you're not.

We don't create ugliness. We don't cause your ugliness. We merely describe the consequences of ugliness.

It's up to you to know if you're ugly or not. If you're not sure, go ask girls around you or post your picture on a rating website. Heck, use Tinder. 

The blackpill doesn't doom anyone to being incel. We don't tell anyone that it's "over". We don't do the math for you. We are not in your shoes. Those who throw death sentences at insecure members are usually trolls. 

We merely try to describe reality. We fail sometimes. But reality is always good. Free speech is always good. Let people sort out the truth and discard the exaggerations; let people think for themselves. All three pills are extremist, to an extent. All three pills are a theory, not reality itself. Anybody should aim for the synthesis of these. 

Is lookism exaggerated? Yeah probably. You do see couples IRL where looks seem to have mattered less than other factors. We're not blind, and most of us aren't crazy. 

But is lookism inexistent? I think trying to say it is can actually cause psychological damage in "young insecure males". Because it's gaslighting in most cases. And gaslighting destroys people.

We don't really tell anyone anything, anyway. People find us. Those who search for us will find us, those who don't, won't. Sometimes I believe that if the blackpill were a religion, it would be more like Zen ("The blackpill was always in you; back then, you just hadn't realized it, yet. And realize it for yourself you must.") rather than like Catholicism ("Our missionaries convinced him with pointing out the objective truth of our faith.") 

Or okay, maybe that's a bit far-fetched. Point being, tho: I don't really see much proselytizing going on. People somehow realize that we speak truth to power.

what is gaslighting??

There is a balance between accurate information and information that has utility.

In theory assuming everything is your fault is utilitarian, it will inspire you to identify problems within your power and fix them. BUT if the fault isn't yours and the fault is strong enough you are left in a neurotic state, you are looking for causes internally where there aren't any. There's experiments with birds I think where they are given buttons they think release food, but the release is actually random, so they create their own insane patterns they think release food. If lookism is real and you're blaming yourself, your results are detached from your actions but you're convinced it's something internal; so you retreat in to neurotic obsession which ruins you.

For people who are average the lookism affect isn't strong enough to warp their interactions, for the actually ugly the effect is magnified. Having inaccurate information at the end of the tail is important, not so much in the middle.

There is a certain contingent which are obsessed with creating "mindset" and basically believe "Well they're fucking ugly, but it's better for them to believe this" instead of relaying the truth because they lie about the most basic shit. I refuse to believe normal people don't have friends that mock people for being fat and ugly for example, yet they claim it doesn't happen. I've heard it in the workplace, from my mothers friends, on the bus, seeing my friends communications; if I've heard it as a social retard they have fucking heard it as supposedly normal people with jobs.

Lookism can be biologically reductionist, it can be nihilistic, it can be existential, it can be psychological - but the fact is that society refuses to discuss it despite studies showing it exists, at least statistically and experimentally, so instead a bunch of ugly depressed retards have to deal with it and come up with some answers dealing with it. Maybe we wouldn't have so many crazy, angry, people if that wasn't the case.

nausea said:
what is gaslighting??

Planting seeds of doubt in your head/making you second guess yourself

Wizard said:
There is a balance between accurate information and information that has utility.
In theory assuming everything is your fault is utilitarian, it will inspire you to identify problems within your power and fix them. BUT if the fault isn't yours and the fault is strong enough you are left in a neurotic state, you are looking for causes internally where there aren't any. There's experiments with birds I think where they are given buttons they think release food, but the release is actually random, so they create their own insane patterns they think release food. If lookism is real and you're blaming yourself, your results are detached from your actions but you're convinced it's something internal; so you retreat in to neurotic obsession which ruins you.
For people who are average the lookism affect isn't strong enough to warp their interactions, for the actually ugly the effect is magnified. Having inaccurate information at the end of the tail is important, not so much in the middle.
There is a certain contingent which are obsessed with creating "mindset" and basically believe "Well they're fucking ugly, but it's better for them to believe this" instead of relaying the truth because they lie about the most basic shit. I refuse to believe normal people don't have friends that mock people for being fat and ugly for example, yet they claim it doesn't happen. I've heard it in the workplace, from my mothers friends, on the bus, seeing my friends communications; if I've heard it as a social retard they have fucking heard it as supposedly normal people with jobs.
Lookism can be biologically reductionist, it can be nihilistic, it can be existential, it can be psychological - but the fact is that society refuses to discuss it despite studies showing it exists, at least statistically and experimentally, so instead a bunch of ugly depressed retards have to deal with it and come up with some answers dealing with it. Maybe we wouldn't have so many crazy, angry, people if that wasn't the case.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Thank you for that.

Should be pinned.

Maybe one day lookism will have gained full social recognition. There have already been attempts to quantify it or fight it in some countries and university psychology departments, but not enough.

Fontaine said:
Maybe one day lookism will have gained full social recognition. There have already been attempts to quantify it or fight it in some countries and university psychology departments, but not enough.

Thank you for the compliment.

I don't know if lookism will be accepted on a scientific basis, it takes too much away from the world. It takes away the ability of people to "just enjoy" interacting with others, it calls in to question our judgement too much in a complex way to consider it as a footnote of cognitive biases. It takes joy away from the world in a deep way. I have some theories that some of the existentialist stuff about it being a moral duty to treat others as authentic human beings might be the only optimistic way out of it, but then again ugly people would like the idea of it being a moral duty they weren't treated as subhumans :) Slave morality in action.

It's better to keep incels/ugly people delusional tbh or there would probably be a lot more ERs

Captvic said:
It's better to keep incels/ugly people delusional tbh or there would probably be a lot more ERs

Who cares about that? ER barely killed anyone. 6 people is nothing.

Fontaine said:
We merely try to describe reality. We fail sometimes. But reality is always good. Free speech is always good. Let people sort out the truth and discard the exaggerations; let people think for themselves. All three pills are extremist, to an extent. All three pills are a theory, not reality itself. Anybody should aim for the synthesis of these. 

Is lookism exaggerated? Yeah probably. You do see couples IRL where looks seem to have mattered less than other factors. We're not blind, and most of us aren't crazy. 

But is lookism inexistent? I think trying to say it is can actually cause psychological damage in "young insecure males". Because it's gaslighting in most cases. And gaslighting destroys people.
legit fucking post tbh
lookism is absolutely real, I mean it is (or at least should be) pretty common knowledge that ugly and good looking people get treated differently. the fucking halo effect has been studied and observed, ffs. I literally don't understand why normies are so adamant about denying it or downplaying it. their black and white normie brains probably see the -ism suffix and think it's being directly compared to other bad -isms such as racism etc.

If you are insecure to begin with then you have began suspecting that something might be wrong with you.

What's depressing about being forced into therapy and such is that there's zero give by normalfags on lookism.

Why is it impossible for them to understand that our looks are a disadvantage and help us work around them?

No, they just stuff you in CBT/DBT nonsense where they teach ''''''''''''''radical acceptance''''''''''''''', yet that can never apply with looks.