Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Masculine/Strong male influence in our lives

• Thread starter braindmgedsleepycel
  • Start date
braindmgedsleepycel

braindmgedsleepycel

disabledrottingbasementcel
★★★
How much strong masculine influence have you had in your life? Was your father an oofy doofy too? My parents were together until I was 12, but my father was almost never home. We barely talked and the only time we did talk was usually when he'd discipline and beat me for some bullshit.

I had NEGATIVE male influence in my life. I had no uncles, no cousins, no grandparents, just a mom who set me up for failure from day 1 (see my retarded mother story here.) and a dad who was never home and never bonded with me. I only had three aunts who still never married and have no kids and a crippled grandmother who I never saw. I recall my mother and my aunt driving me somewhere and talking about how men are pigs and how I'll hopefully not grow up to be like them (she doesnt want me to grow up and be a chad).

All of my male classmates growing up participated in sports and formed strong bonds with others on the field, they started hunting with their families when they were young and learned how to skin and process the animal and they went fishing and stuff like that. They got into fights, they learned how to take jokes, they had "locker room talk", they beefed, squabbled, and all the other normal young boy things.

I never did any of this. Never was put in any sports. (If your parents dont put you in sports in elementary/middle school, its too late to join in high school when you start forming your own thoughts and ideas and know whats good for you) Never went hunting. No fishing. I just played on my nintendo DS, played with legos, then eventually got a computer and rotted on there until right now. Any sort of criticism I receive makes me want to curl up and cry. I don't get angry, just sad. On the playground, I would play with ants in the dirt and watch caterpillars in the trees and sit alone on the swingset while all the other boys played flag football. It's just very sad looking back how much I missed out on.

I like to think that if I formed these strong male bonds with my father and my peers when I was younger I would be different. I would somehow be neurotypical and not a social outcast.

i was crying over the anniversary of a relatives death in the family and my dad basically didnt take it seriously and told me to stop. looking back that was good. thats how the actual world works.

I never had a strong masculine influence in my life or male peers

Last edited:
I never had a strong masculine influence in my life or male peers
This should be considered a disability. The amount of psychological damage a man experiences from this is untold. We never began our lives, we needed these experiences to start and function in the real world.

We are better off trying to catch up IMO. Even if it’s very late. Because I‘ve been complaining about this since I was a kid but never did anything or followedd through on it. Better to just do what you can to work on your flaws and take action

Last edited:
This is probably more related to one's genetics than to upbringing.
I mean, interest in masculine things lies in one's genetics.

This is probably more related to one's genetics than to upbringing.
I mean, interest in masculine things lies in one's genetics.
A chad father would have a way better influence on the son than Oofy Doofy. Chad will tell you how to be a man while Oofy Doofy just tells you to be nice, aka a pushover and a spineless cuck

A chad father would have a way better influence on the son than Oofy Doofy. Chad will tell you how to be a man while Oofy Doofy just tells you to be nice, aka a pushover and a spineless cuck

This is what I mean. If my dad had been there and encouraged me to play sports and took me outside to participate in "manly things" I would definitely be better off. I would have latched onto them, because my primary influence (my father) would have been showing me how awesome they were. If I saw him participating in those activities, I would have been encouraged to join.

I meant if your father was a painter/musician, you probably wouldn't be interested in hunting/boxing.
Of course, there are exceptions but still...

How much strong masculine influence have you had in your life?
Almost none. My mother's new man is a fucking faggot agreeing with everything she says and expressing his frustration about lack of authority through acting like an asshole knowing I have to tolerate it. It isn't even male type of aggression, just foid on period type of behavior.

Fortunately I have a grandpa but he lives in another part of the country so his role in raising me wasn't big enough

My dad is a oofy doofy retard betabux he doesn't know shit and barely even has any money my mum always shouted and screamed at him every day over minor shit and he can't even say shit because he is actually a retard. I don't like to talk to him anymore even though I know the times when your parents are still alive is precious. Because he just pisses me off when I realised that this is the guy who was supposed to teach me to be a man. He's barely a fucking man himself. Always fucking praying to god and never recieving shit.

I was born alone and I will die alone, and I had to learn everything in between alone.

My dad would constantly travel overseas or be always at work and usually I'm left with my mother and sisters. So I grew up in a female-dominated household.

We did speak, here and there. He taught me a few things and such.

One of my acquintances in the gym worked out with me one day and asked "can you to teach me on how to be masculine?" I stayed silent for a bit. I couldn't give him a proper answer because I always felt that I wasn't masculine enough myself either.

Men usually live in the shadows of other men, so it's always harder to measure ourselves up... in knowing what true masculinity is.

Last edited:
Almost none. My mother's new man is a fucking faggot agreeing with everything she says and expressing his frustration about lack of authority through acting like an asshole knowing I have to tolerate it. It isn't even male type of aggression, just foid on period type of behavior.

Fortunately I have a grandpa but he lives in another part of the country so his role in raising me wasn't big enough
Sorry unstable household cel
When are you thinking of moving out?

Sorry unstable household cel
When are you thinking of moving out?
I already moved out but my neetbux is not enough so I have to keep contact with mom so she gives money (sometimes making me babysit siblings and this faggot or do cleaning)

I had a cool stepdad for like…a year before he overdosed. I was sixteen when it happened. He always had drug problems, so I thought it was an inevitability, but I was still shocked when it happened.

Never had any. I'm sure this (single motherhood or simply cuck passive fathers that were either just pathetic or stripped of their role cause it's muh toxic) plays an important role in everything that we see today. But they will keep talking as if the "masculinity crisis" just appeared out of nowhere. There's no "masculine figures" be it in the private or public sphere so what the fuck are we talking about ? Like only 1/4 teachers are men and when they are they are extremely soy or overtly gay. I know cause i was a school cleaner.