Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Your productivity techniques?

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
I've been trying to self-learn various languages and programming languages for years, but my rate of progress is very slow as I always get distracted by other things. (When it's not this forum, it's something else).

For instance, I've been learning German and Chinese for four years now, and my level of mastery of German can only be described as mediocre; my mastery of Chinese is limited to recognizing a few characters and easy sentences.

I've come to the conclusion that the best way to learn is in a classroom or a military-style environment with a tutor who whips your ass if you don't work, honestly.

Motivation is fleeting, and self-discipline is so much a pain in the ass that so far I can only discipline myself effectively for basic things like gymcelling.

What about you?

I am only productive with things I'm interested in (like reading)

I am only productive with things I'm interested in (like reading)
Yeah, but precisely: that's not productivity.

Activities that you like are not productivity. It doesn't mean that they're useless (reading is good for your brain), but it's not real productivity.

Real productivity entails going out of your comfort zone. It's challenging yourself, it's suffering to get really better. Productivity is learning a big-ass list of irregular verbs, or that fine point of Chinese grammar that you never understood (where the fuck do you put 的 for instance). It's not merely reviewing vocabulary words that you already know on a smartphone app.

I am a really unproductive individual. My desire of being productive largely depends on my mood. I feel the desire to be productive in one situation and complete despair in the other. I am very insecure with myself and my abilities.

There are lots of different techniques out there and you need to see what works best for you

Yeah, but precisely: that's not productivity.

Activities that you like are not productivity. It doesn't mean that they're useless (reading is good for your brain), but it's not real productivity.

Real productivity entails going out of your comfort zone. It's challenging yourself, it's suffering to get really better. Productivity is learning a big-ass list of irregular verbs, or that fine point of Chinese grammar that you never understood (where the fuck do you put 的 for instance). It's not merely reviewing vocabulary words that you already know on a smartphone app.
Well I'm attempting to learn Japanese but its not going well. As an agoraphobic with no computer it's hard to find anything productive to do

I have 0 motivation to do anything unless it's at the last point in time I can possibly do it.
The more productive I am the harder I can cuck for people would want me to drop dead otherwise.

I've been trying to self-learn various languages and programming languages for years, but my rate of progress is very slow as I always get distracted by other things. (When it's not this forum, it's something else).

For instance, I've been learning German and Chinese for four years now, and my level of mastery of German can only be described as mediocre; my mastery of Chinese is limited to recognizing a few characters and easy sentences.

I've come to the conclusion that the best way to learn is in a classroom or a military-style environment with a tutor who whips your ass if you don't work, honestly.

Motivation is fleeting, and self-discipline is so much a pain in the ass that so far I can only discipline myself effectively for basic things like gymcelling.

What about you?

Same op. Same. Even gymcelling is troublesome.

My circumstantial depression is killing me softly.
I am a really unproductive individual. My desire of being productive largely depends on my mood. I feel the desire to be productive in one situation and complete despair in the other. I am very insecure with myself and my abilities.

There are lots of different techniques out there and you need to see what works best for you
I have 0 motivation to do anything unless it's at the last point in time I can possibly do it.
The more productive I am the harder I can cuck for people would want me to drop dead otherwise.

Always remember how short life is. If you don't do all the stuff that would benefit you today, you are going to regret it later.
What also helps is to be good looking, seriously. I sometimes picture me as a character in a game. If I had the best armor, decent weapons etc. I would be motivated to farm some food (which would be productive) but if I had nothing, there would be no motivation. It is too overwhelming.
By the way, motivation comes from DOING things, not from thinking about these things.

I am agoraphobic and outcast, computer is my only hope

I've taught myself programming languages by forcing myself to learn and study for at least a couple hours a day. It wasn't fun, but if you dedicate yourself to it and treat it as something you must do instead of just a hobby you'll have more success at it. At least that's how it works for me.

Are you learning simplified or traditional Chinese? I've been studying traditional characters for a few years. I bought a few text books and each chapter has about 30 new characters. I write each character around 50 times inorder to establish muscle memory, about 2 hours of practice each day. I've been doing this for the past year without skipping a day. It's pretty rewarding but tedious and a bitch to do sometimes. I'm just a disciplined lazy person though, develop some good daily rituals and stick to them.

I can only learn languages by being plopped in a country and forced to speak them, but I get so anxious and depressed as a result of the culture shock of being plopped in a foreign place that I end up isolating and only leaving my room if it’s absolutely necessary. And in the end I have the language skills of a 5 year old...... my Spanish, French and Italian are horrendously bad and they were supposed to all be easy to learn together because they’re romance languages. Re: productivity, I’ve had some success with stimulant medication but that’s such a crap shoot that I’d be hesitant to recommend trying it even if you have really bad ADHD. I usually can’t sit still or focus on anything that I don’t 100% love ( so I’m both dumb AND really unproductive, a true winner at life type of dude) but the ADHD cocktail of medications helped me sit down and be productive enough to not fail out of school, which was a miracle. Would probs let you learn languages even when you’re feeling less than motivated too. But the side effects are really bad. The pills made my anxiety and depression skyrocket and the meds can be really addictive. Wouldn’t recommend even though they helped.

If it’s educational productivity I go to the library and study.

i have this double-edged sword thing where i learn things quickly but i have short attention span

i just want to buy a car already so i can drive alone everyday with music of my choice

To be honest, i think you have other priorities that take place over learning a language. If you had a burning desire to learn languages, you'd wouldn't be able to stop reading and learning it.

It is the same for me....After 3 years in college, I come to the conclusion that having a schedule and force yourself to do shit is the best thing you can do to be productive.
I really feel like shit for not having enough control to follow a schedule. :feelsbadman:
I though @Fontaine you were super responsible and organized.

you are correct, I study best when in a classroom setting away from a television/computer.

Usually depression stops us from being focused. I started taking anti-depressants and I am able to get more shit done lately. I don't wake up every day feeling like how chad feels, but I wake up every day not burdened by simple tasks like eating breakfast or returning my library book.

What about you?

I use Todoist plus paper reminders on a cork board . If you want to learn anything then I've found it better to change the environment - going to a coworking space is what I'd recommend. At home I'm unmotivated to learn anything.

I'm slowly learning serbian.

i'm currently happy with all of the coping that i'm doing rn, it's treating me correctly.

I tend to get hyped when I start doing things but then I drop it all after some time, education, gym, carpentry, theatre etc... It's so frustrating.

I'm writing a website where i post some historical and ideological stuff that no one cares.i had big facebook pages about history in past ı still have but since no one cares about Facebook ı dont post anything anymore. Also ı'm planning to learn french.and gym is another cope for me

Usually depression stops us from being focused. I started taking anti-depressants and I am able to get more shit done lately. I don't wake up every day feeling like how chad feels, but I wake up every day not burdened by simple tasks like eating breakfast or returning my library book.
imagine unironically taking SSRI jew meds so you can slowly be poisoned in order to become a productive cog