Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Your first time watching Dragon Ball?

FinnCel

FinnCel

Alcoholcel
★★★★★
LOL just remembered my first time learning about Dragon Ball.
There was an episode playing in the early 2000's and my mother told me to come check this cartoon called Dragon Balls (spelling intentional, that's how she said it) and I decided to watch it for several episodes.
Didn't like it at that time but later my cousins would start collecting the manga released in Finnish and playing the budokai games that were coming out.
I started to think holy shit maybe this is bigger than I thought and I downloaded DBZ episodes (this was the age before youtube so streaming was kinda rare) and watching them.
I fucking loved watching the episodes, there were so many of them and there were video games and the manga was coming out in my own native language.
Dragon Ball was big but then it suddenly died.

But then it became big again.
Tell me your story, I'm interested!

I was 4 years old and I was watching jetex in the early 2000s when that channel was a thing. I was up past my bedtime at 3 am and I saw the ep where piccolo fused with Kami to go fight cell. Loved how cool and dramatic it was. I watched the first episode of Dragon ball (the first series where goku is a small child) to the final ep of z on the internet a when I was 7. I've never seen super. I want to own first ep of Dragon ball to the end of z in physical copies. Goku is a great role model and db and z are some of the greatest fictional stories and worlds ever written in my opinion

I was 4 years old and I was watching jetex in the early 2000s when that channel was a thing. I was up past my bedtime at 3 am and I saw the ep where piccolo fused with Kami to go fight cell. Loved how cool and dramatic it was. I watched the first episode of Dragon ball (the first series where goku is a small child) to the final ep of z on the internet a when I was 7. I've never seen super. I want to own first ep of Dragon ball to the end of z in physical copies. Goku is a great role model and db and z are some of the greatest fictional stories and worlds ever written in my opinion
Holy shit, you're young!!
I don't want to be rude but I believe you have more chance than most of us if you aim to looksmaxxx.
I really hope the best for you!!

And thanks for your story!
I have the original manga released in Finnish (early 2000's). I started collecting them after my cousins.
The first 4 volumes are actually around 100€ in Finland because the later release censored some of the nudity. I started collecting only at manga #15

never really watched dragonball

About two years ago when I was 16 I was up late at night watching adultswim on a Saturday and DBZ came on and I was impressed at how good the battles were.

My grandmother had a bunch of the vhs tapes left over from when my cousins would visit, one day I was bored and decided to watch a few.

This is early 2000s btw

Unrelated but I also just gave my ticket away for the broly movie to some guy on reddit.

My grandmother had a bunch of the vhs tapes left over from when my cousins would visit, one day I was bored and decided to watch a few.

This is early 2000s btw
Fucking feel you man, getting old really has started to hurt more and more.
I was so freaked about getting to 20 and now I am even more fucked.......
I really wish I could experience 90's and early 2000's again

Holy shit, you're young!!
I don't want to be rude but I believe you have more chance than most of us if you aim to looksmaxxx.
I really hope the best for you!!

And thanks for your story!
I have the original manga released in Finnish (early 2000's). I started collecting them after my cousins.
The first 4 volumes are actually around 100€ in Finland because the later release censored some of the nudity. I started collecting only at manga #15
That's cool that you have a manga collection! Best of luck to you.

Dragon ball was great ngl

It was Dragonball in the mid-90s, I didn't like it until DBZ came out but now I prefer it to the latter because Goku turned into the Japanese version of Superman, he has one weakness and there's no real character there. Had it been just him fighting and Vegeta was never developed, I probably drop out after The Cell Games.

I was like 6 or 7. Early 90s. It would play on some random channel we had but I never knew what time it was on or what it was even called. Then I was flipping through channels again and saw it on a Mexican station. Saw a few spanish episodes (i don't speak spanish) then figured out the name. Think I had my parents help me find it. Then they found me the channel and I would watch it every Saturdays I believe. Started at the very beginning of DBZ with Raditz. Saw all the way through to the very start of the Future Trunks saga then I learned about Dragonball so I binged watched that. By now I was a teen and was addicted to DB/DBZ stuff. Saw GT later

Is the new movie good?

Early 2000s. I remember watching it in my living room every Saturday. It'd be the first thing I did. I believe it was Jetix or its predecessor.

First saw it on tv maybe 2002 or 2003, didn't really get into it till I was 18 in 2014.

I was late to watching it, I started watching it in 2010, starting with the original Dragon Ball.

yeah I think I was in grade 1. Brutal agepill :feelsbadman:

I was a kid and I loved it.
The red ruban and the height pill (I didn't know that back then), Taopaipai, the tournaments and so on.
DBZ was fine too but I never had the fun of prime Dragon Ball.
I got tired after the cyborgs/Cell saga. The fusions were too much imo.
To this day, I still didn't see the last DBZ episodes.

Dragonball was better than dragonball z, but dragonball z was more addictive.

Dragon Ball is huge in my country and has been airing since the 90's. I remember watching the original in a local channel that used to air anime and then Z on Cartoon Network. I was barely 6 or 7 when I got into it. I also used to have the Broly movies and Fusion Reborn in VHS.
Also has anyone watched the new Broly movie? its great

Never watched it in my life. Only anime I'd seen was Pokemon about 20 years ago. I might of gotten into it if i was younger when it came out

Dragon Ball is huge in my country and has been airing since the 90's. I remember watching the original in a local channel that used to air anime and then Z on Cartoon Network. I was barely 6 or 7 when I got into it. I also used to have the Broly movies and Fusion Reborn in VHS.
Also has anyone watched the new Broly movie? its great
I wish I could enjoy it but I'm an oldcel now and I'm indifferent.
I didn't try to watch all the Kai and Super for the same reason.
To this day I still believe the first Broly feature was one of the greatest.

Dragon Ball was such a big part of my childhood and I can still remember how excited I was to see a new episode each week I also played the Budkai game for PS2 and a Dragon Ball Gameboy game called "Dragon Ball Legacy of Goku" I had such a great time playing this game. I also had all the mango books in my native language and me and my friends would play Dragon Ball outside using our imagination and play as characters we made ourselves, characters we would draw and imagine being it was so much fun damn I miss those happy innocent times in that carefree world of paradise that was my childhood.

This is probably my favorite dbz scene
What part of the series is this scene from? I watched The Final Chapters with the Cell and android saga but I didn´t see much of the one armed Gohan and I know there are a lot more android scenes from the future because I saw several clips from Dragonball Z Abridged so what is the name of the series where I see all this?

Dragon Ball was such a big part of my childhood and I can still remember how excited I was to see a new episode each week I also played the Budkai game for PS2 and a Dragon Ball Gameboy game called "Dragon Ball Legacy of Goku" I had such a great time playing this game. I also had all the mango books in my native language and me and my friends would play Dragon Ball outside using our imagination and play as characters we made ourselves, characters we would draw and imagine being it was so much fun damn I miss those happy innocent times in that carefree world of paradise that was my childhood.

What part of the series is this scene from? I watched The Final Chapters with the Cell and android saga but I didn´t see much of the one armed Gohan and I know there are a lot more android scenes from the future because I saw several clips from Dragonball Z Abridged so what is the name of the series where I see all this?

it's from a TV special about trunks https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Z:_The_History_of_Trunks

I played the psp games when i was young, later i tried the manga.

Thank you so much.

Are the androids in that movie too?

A17 and 18 for sure, not sure about the rest, it's only like a 50min tv special episode if I remember right

A17 and 18 for sure, not sure about the rest, it's only like a 50min tv special episode if I remember right
Awesome. When I said androids I meant 17 and 18 so that is great! Thanks again.

Your first time... watching Dragon Ball. :feelsrope:

Never watched it because people from church told me that dragon ball translation from japanese to portuguese was demons rule.( i told them that it was not japanese but english and they ignored me and kept preaching).

I never liked shounens too.

I started watching Dragon Ball Z in 5th grade back in 1998. The original Dragon Ball had already completed it's airtime and I missed it and started on Z, but quickly caught up with the original Dragon Ball in the early 2000's when I was in middleschool and enjoyed it as much as DBZ. Truly great times be young and not caring about foids.

Caught a few minutes of Dragon Ball in 1995, flipping through channels over a relative's house.

i never watched it tbh

There wasn't one.

never watched an episode and never will

I watched it every now and then as a kid but I wasnt a fan and I didnt follow the story, I would rather watch other things . I had a pretty gay childhood tbh

You will never be young and experience Dragon Ball for the first time again :cryfeels:

It was during the Frieza saga, my sister got me into it

Never watched the anime, but I love the abridged series. It helped me get through this miserable internship I was working.