Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Your “confidence” is entirely dependent on external factors.

Sergeant Kelly

Sergeant Kelly

"Took your sweet time, Marine?"
★★★★
Today I had another huge over-hour-long argument with my mother, this time it started because… I looked a little sad in the store while we were shopping for groceries. I wish I was making that shit up :feelsUnreal:

Normally I don’t have problem getting various formal stuff done – visits to office/doctor etc. none of this makes me anxious. Not today.
Today it was like I was at doctors office as a teenager for the first time in my life on my own all over again. I was spilling spaghetti left and right, stuttering, forgetting words etc, I could feel myself being nervous.

Taking note of that, of course I was fucking anxious mess who couldn’t strike up basic conversation through middle school – I had arguments with my mother like this and worse EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY for several years, add general bullying into the mix and cortisol was through the roof non-stop.

All that yapping about confidence in conservative circles is such gaslight, it’s all simple really:
Nobody is giving you shit = you feel relaxed = you feel confident.
Your environment is hostile = you feel anxious = you don’t feel confident.
You can’t “force” yourself to be confident.

In the same vein – it’s the same with productivity, if everyone around you are giving you shit constantly, if you’re stressed non-stop then you won’t have will to be productive, you’ll just want to take a rest.
Yesterday I’ve written out solid list of xyz things I want to get done today, it’s 6 p.m and I haven’t done anything, I was just LDARing and mentally resting from today’s unexpected shitstorm.

Considering this:
I had arguments with my mother like this and worse EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY for several years, add general bullying into the mix and cortisol was through the roof non-stop
It’s no fucking wonder I was LDARing and doing fuckall through entirety of middle school and several years after. Fuck that shit man.

Water Landscape GIF