Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion you only will reach enlightenment in the day that you understand that robocop is a Tokusatsu

Kevin Logan

Kevin Logan

Wagieslave
What is a Tokusatsu you ask? Quoting wikipedia
is a Japanese term for live action film or television drama that makes heavy use of special effects. Tokusatsu entertainment often deals with science fiction, fantasy or horror, but films and television shows in other genres can sometimes count as tokusatsu as well. The most popular types of tokusatsu include kaiju monster films such as the Godzilla and Gamera film series; superhero TV serials such as the Kamen Rider and Metal Hero series; and mecha dramas like Giant Robo and Super Robot Red Baron. Some tokusatsu television programs combine several of these subgenres, for example the Ultraman and Super Sentai series.
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokusatsu

Now do you guys remember of Robocop? Robocop was a cyborg policial, many Tokusatsu characters are cyborgs or use a cybernetic suit and many them are also cops.

I many tokusatsu shows there is the presence of mechas... what is a mecha? Quoting wikipedia

The term mecha (Japanese: メカ, Hepburn: meka) may refer to both scientific ideas and science-fiction genres that center on giant robots or machines (mechs) controlled by people. Mechas are typically depicted as humanoid mobile robots. The term was first used in Japanese (meka) after shortening the English loanword mekanizumu (メカニズム, 'mechanism') or mekanikaru (メカニカル, 'mechanical'), but the meaning in Japanese is more inclusive, and "robot" (robotto) or "giant robot" is the narrower term.

These machines vary greatly in size and shape, but are distinguished from vehicles by their humanoid or biomorphic appearance and size—bigger than a human. Different subgenres exist, with varying connotations of realism. The concept of Super Robot and Real Robot are two such examples found in Japanese anime and manga. The term may also refer to real world piloted humanoid or non-humanoid robotic platforms, either currently in existence or still on the drawing board (i.e. at the planning or design stage). Alternatively, in the original Japanese context of the word, "mecha" may refer to mobile machinery/vehicles (including aircraft) in general, manned or otherwise.
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecha

In robocop there are also characters that can be considered mechas

ED-209
Ed209

RoboCop 2
Cain 1990 01

Robocop is a Tokusatsu!!!!!!!!!

Likewise, the Matrix was supposedly inspired by anime which would explain a lot of its visuals and over-the-topness. And I didn't even realize that Robocop had any sequels until you inspired me to investigate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back