Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Would you sacrifice half of your remaining lifespan to have in return the foid of your dreams?

okay so 50 more years of pain and suffering with my body slowly deterioarting or living to the ripe old age of 38 and dying happily

Gladly, we want to experience everything before we are old and demented.

Gladly, we want to experience everything before we are old and demented.

yeah, i dont think life is even worth living past 60 tbh. After that age you just become a shell of a man. I think i could live to like a 100 based on how long my grandparents have lived

Yes. I don't think it would be necessary for me to even live that long as long as I could have the girl of my dreams by my side

Yes. I don't think it would be necessary for me to even live that long as long as I could have the girl of my dreams by my side

No

But I would sacrifice half my savings to yell racial slurs at Walmart

Actually I don’t know

Super cucked

She’ll probably leave you In a week JFL

I'd do that quick fast in a heartbeat.

No. Whoever said yes, sorry about your IQ.

Why wouldn't you then?
Well, because A) you can never know how much time you have left, and B) your time alive is the most valuable thing you have and should not be traded, especially for something so paltry in comparison.

Taking the opposite to the extreme, I'd rather live as an immortal who never ascends, than to pick this option.

Well, because A) you can never know how much time you have left, and B) your time alive is the most valuable thing you have and should not be traded, especially for something so paltry in comparison.

Taking the opposite to the extreme, I'd rather live as an immortal who never ascends, than to pick this option.
I fail to see the relevancy of point A (seeing as this remains true upon saying yes). I agree that time is the most valuable resource, provided you can spend it adequately. I don't think time is valuable simpliciter. Would you really want to be immortal if your quality of life kept decreasing ad infinitum? What's more, you call the girl of your dreams paltry, but the perfect companion in every sense of the word hardly sounds paltry to me. You could even have her be the luckiest gal alive, winning every jackpot she wants. Her freeing up the time you'd otherwise have to spend wageslaving might just add up to half the time you have left. All of that in exchange for years whose quality is uncertain. I might very well trade qualitatively uncertain longevity for sufficient guaranteed good times right now, and with a literal carte blanche gf that's all but guaranteed.

If you fancy being a martyr, there's perhaps even a case to be made that you should trade part of your imperfect live to give her a perfect one.

I fail to see the relevancy of point A (seeing as this remains true upon saying yes).
You fail to see the relevancy of giving up half of a quantity - a quantity that both unknown and literally is your lifeline as an organism?

I agree that time is the most valuable resource, provided you can spend it adequately. I don't think time is valuable simpliciter.
It's not really a resource anyone can spend in the traditional sense, but to everyone, it's most valuable to them, personally.

Would you really want to be immortal if your quality of life kept decreasing ad infinitum?
This is an arbitrary condition that you've introduced and imposed. Who said anything about gradually decreasing the quality of life upon immortality?

What's more, you call the girl of your dreams paltry, but the perfect companion in every sense of the word hardly sounds paltry to me.
In comparison to giving up half of your life, I'd argue that's paltry. A more worthy trade would be to bring back a deceased relative you cherished spending time with, or historical figure of great importance to learn from.

You could even have her be the luckiest gal alive, winning every jackpot she wants. Her freeing up the time you'd otherwise have to spend wageslaving might just add up to half the time you have left.
Another arbitrary condition that has no bearing on the hypothetical. Being extremely lucky in games of chance or in general is not a property of a perfect girlfriend in the context of having a life-long romantic partner.

All of that in exchange for years whose quality is uncertain. I might very well trade qualitatively uncertain longevity for sufficient guaranteed good times right now, and with a literal carte blanche gf that's all but guaranteed.
Sure, if you feel that's the best decision for yourself.

If you fancy being a martyr, there's perhaps even a case to be made that you should trade part of your imperfect live to give her a perfect one.
What part of my refusal to trade my time on this earth is martyrdom? And why should I make that trade you suggested? That sounds extremely cucked, ngl.

You fail to see the relevancy of giving up half of a quantity - a quantity that both unknown and literally is your lifeline as an organism?
It seems to me that the relevancy of point A is entirely contingent on point B. If time is not inherently valuable, then point A is equally true if you trade half of your remaining years. So yes, I fail to see the relevancy of point A per se.
This is an arbitrary condition that you've introduced and imposed. Who said anything about gradually decreasing the quality of life upon immortality?
It was meant to be a hypothetical that illustrates that the value of time is contingent on its quality.
In comparison to giving up half of your life, I'd argue that's paltry. A more worthy trade would be to bring back a deceased relative you cherished spending time with, or historical figure of great importance to learn from.
now that's what I'd call paltry -- that I almost certainly wouldn't do
Another arbitrary condition that has no bearing on the hypothetical. Being extremely lucky in games of chance or in general is not a property of a perfect girlfriend in the context of having a life-long romantic partner.
I get the sense you and I interpreted the scope of "girl of your dreams" differently. As far as I'm concerned, a girl of one's dreams needn't even be a girlfriend. Why couldn't the girl of one's dreams be a daughter (no pedo)?
What part of my refusal to trade my time on this earth is martyrdom? And why should I make that trade you suggested? That sounds extremely cucked, ngl.
It was just a thought I had; it wasn't in reference to what you said. I meant "you" in the sense of "one".

Last edited:
It seems to me that the relevancy of point A is entirely contingent on point B. If time is not inherently valuable, then point A is equally true if you trade half of your remaining years. So yes, I fail to see the relevancy of point A per se.
But we know that time (left alive on Earth) is inherently valuable. I'd even go further and argue that the value of time left to live is intrinsically valuable. That is to say, the value is qualitatively equal for all humans. Your time left to live is valuable to you, mine to me etc. There is no value comparison to be had. We all have that same thing valuable to each of us: time left to live.

It was meant to be a hypothetical that illustrates that the value of time is contingent on its quality.
But value of life is not equal to value of time. You asked if I would want to be immortal if the quality of my life kept continuously decreasing. When you're immortal time loses its value (in a manner of speaking). You could, however, have an incredible "eternity" (until the planet dies, anyway), which could literally be heaven on Earth for you, or have a terrible eternity, which would be hell on Earth. In both cases time has little to no value, quantitatively. Qualitatively, however, your time (as an immortal) is effectively infinitely valuable in both cases, since if you lose your immortality, you start dying immediately (from aging).

now that's what I'd call paltry -- that I almost certainly wouldn't do
I guess we just have different values. I value gnosis over eros.

I get the sense you and I interpreted the scope of "girl of your dreams" differently. As far as I'm concerned, a girl of one's dreams needn't even be a girlfriend. Why couldn't the girl of one's dreams be a daughter (no pedo)?
We did, and I suppose that you're right in that it could be interpreted as a daughter as well. I think it's fair to assume that he meant romantic partner. You interpreted it as a daughter who is a perfect lucky charm. That's the furthest thing from what I would have guessed. :lul:

It was just a thought I had; it wasn't in reference to what you said. I meant "you" in the sense of "one".
OK, sure, but the questions still stand. How is it martyrdom for anyone, and why should anyone make that trade (part of your imperfect life to give her a perfect one)? I thought the whole point of this was to receive a better life, not sacrifice more of your life.

Last edited:
There is no losing here

But value of life is not equal to value of time.
One cannot be experienced without the other, so only their intersection -- the value in being alive -- is really germane.
But we know that time (left alive on Earth) is inherently valuable. I'd even go further and argue that the value of time left to live is intrinsically valuable. That is to say, the value is qualitatively equal for all humans. Your time left to live is valuable to you, mine to me etc. There is no value comparison to be had. We all have that same thing valuable to each of us: time left to live.
I suppose you could argue that having time is valuable in the sense that having time always gives you more options than not having time (since you can always choose to quit early as it were). Still, this is all moot so long as your best option remains quitting early.
I guess we just have different values. I value gnosis over eros.
I think you misunderstand: I'm not particularly jonesing for sex either. Sex wouldn't be the primary driver if I were to do the trade. Or did you mean eros in the sense of life drive?
I think it's fair to assume that he meant romantic partner.
presumably yeah @beyondschizo
You interpreted it as a daughter who is a perfect lucky charm.
I merely remarked that a luckbox or/and a daughter is within the realm of possibility if you interpret "girl of your dreams" in the autistically literal broad sense, as I of course did.

How is it martyrdom for anyone
sense 2 of "martyr" in the Merriam-Webster reads
a person who sacrifices something of great value and especially life itself for the sake of principle
so anyone who [insert adverbial form of "principle" here] believes a perfect life is better than an imperfect one irrespective of ownership (a utilitarianist for example) would therefore be a martyr were they to trade away part of their imperfect life so she could have a perfect life out of principle
why should anyone make that trade
It could simply be because they want to. Maybe the idea brings them solace. Or they could be a principled invididual of the aforementioned variety.
I thought the whole point of this was to receive a better life, not sacrifice more of your life.
You yourself can decide the point of the trade, no?

Last edited:
You yourself can decide the point of the trade, no?
I viewed it as sacrificing your lifespan for your own gain - that being your dream girl, not for your dream girl. Maybe I misunderstood you, but I don't see how this trade would be anything but selfish. How you characterized it made it seem (to me) like were saying she already exists and you're giving up so much for her.

I viewed it as sacrificing your lifespan for your own gain - that being your dream girl, not for your dream girl.
It was never explicitly mentioned, so why presume? I think it's dumb to dictate why anyone should do anything anyway. Yet another example of how reasonable minds can differ I suppose.
Maybe I misunderstood you, but I don't see how this trade would be anything but selfish.
I suppose it is
How you characterized it made it seem (to me) like were saying she already exists and you're giving up so much for her.
I see where you're coming from, but that wasn't my intention. I intended for our hypothetical participant to trade away half their remaining years to bring into being a person (at this point their sex is not so relevant anymore) who would be equipped to have a better life than the participant. I suppose that's just about as selfish as bringing children into this world.