Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Would you be willing to forget most of your memories if given the choice?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23656
  • Start date

Would you be willing to forget most of your memories if given the choice?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 23656

Self-banned
-
If you haven't noticed I have been binging the Persona series to help copemaxxx. Unfortunately so far 1-3 aren't exactly comfy games. In fact they are actually pretty fucking depressing.

Something I noticed in Games 2 and 3 is the theme of how valuable and precious your memories are.

Despite all the stuff that happens, the main cast of both series don't want to let go of them even if the choice to forget them so they can live in blissful ignorance. Apparently the theme is no matter how bad your memories are, you shouldn't forget them because they are what helped you grow and become the person you are today. Without those memories you have no recollection that you actually were alive, that what you experienced what makes a human etc etc.

In game 3 you are given a choice on whether to forget the bad stuff or continue struggling and remembering all the bad stuff. Of course selecting the first choice gives you the bad end because you are a coward who rather live in ignorance than face the pain of reality.

I say fuck that shit lol. Of course the main cast wouldn't wanna forget. After all most of them are chads and stacies. Or at least the lite version of them. That means they already had a better than average life so they got tons of wonderful experiences where they were happy. Of course they don't wanna forget that stuff even with all the bad stuff that has happened.

But for incels, what fucking good memories are there to remember? How constant rejection, bullying etc has shaped us into bitter losers? I already have enough bad shit now so I would be a lot happier if I can at least not remember a lifetime's worth of bad shit.

For a contrary view, lets take the God of War Series. The main character, Kratos goes on an insanely hard quests for the gods to help rid him of his memories that he killed his wife and daughter by accident. Guess that guy was a weak minded faggot.

Last edited:
I'd like to forget about some things tbh. And I will when I go to heaven.

No. Forgetting doesn't change your face.

Even if I did forget the memories of the past nothing would change.I would make bad memories in the future

I'd like to forget about some things tbh. And I will when I go to heaven.
You believe in heaven?

I'm asking seriously not mocking or anything

It's hard to say really. On one hand, forgetting the bad memories will surely make me alot happier, my depression, anxiety, loneliness would evaporate, but on the flipside you'd be vulnerable again to be mocked, bullied, shunned etc. once again. Retaining your memories despite how bad, also serves as a reminder of what to do and what not to do, to avoid being hurt again in all honesty, but sadly you're also in constant pain as a result of them. But I'd have to go with no. I don't EVER want to go through the shit I've been through again. Just my two cents.

I’d definitely erase some of my bad memories just to lift the weight of my shoulders.

It honestly wouldn’t make a difference for me. I would just make new bad memories in the future. But I do want to get rid of really shitty memories

It's hard to say really. On one hand, forgetting the bad memories will surely make me alot happier, my depression, anxiety, loneliness would evaporate, but on the flipside you'd be vulnerable again to be mocked, bullied, shunned etc. once again. Retaining your memories despite how bad, also serves as a reminder of what to do and what not to do, to avoid being hurt again in all honesty, but sadly you're also in constant pain as a result of them. But I'd have to go with no. I don't EVER want to go through the shit I've been through again. Just my two cents.
True. If I could I’d probably keep some of them to serve as a reminder of what dangers to avoid.

If you lose most of your memories doesn't that mean that you'll lose your blackpill knowledge too?

Tough question.

Yes because I hate always remembering every single day and just getting angry.
No because I would be bluepilled again and I would repeat old mistakes again and I would be right back where I started.

I would like to forget every memory of high school and work, very few positive memories of school and zero positive memories of work.

Why? So I could live through the blue pilled pain and struggles all over again?

Yes, i literally only have bad memories of my life.

Thats a nice thought. I'm sure you dont need me to tell you this, but keep it.

Don't let anyone convince you otherwise. It may what keeps you from ending up in a bad place

No. I have already made peace with my bad memories with meditation. I don't wish to forget em.