Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Would an orthodox priest bless a catholic item & vice versa, mang?

NoLooksNoLife

NoLooksNoLife

☦️Catechumencel
-
Just a random thought I have n shiet, mang… :feelshehe: :feelsstudy::feelswhere:

What do you mean by "Catholic item"?

Rosaries, medals, scapulars, etc., mang
Right, I understand now. That's a really interesting question. It's possible he would, since it's still an icon that represents Christianity.
I guess the same would be true for a Catholic priest.

Right, I understand now. That's a really interesting question. It's possible he would, since it's still an icon that represents Christianity.
I guess the same would be true for a Catholic priest.
Was just thinking about interchangeability n shiet, mang… :smonk:

Don't worry bro, S'all Good man :smonk::smonk:
By going catholic, I just wouldn’t be able to receive the orthodox eucharist n shiet for some reason while the orthodox can feel free to receive the catholic one, mang… interesting :feelshehe: :feelshmm:

By going catholic, I just wouldn’t be able to receive the orthodox eucharist n shiet for some reason while the orthodox can feel free to receive the catholic one, mang… interesting :feelshehe: :feelshmm:
Yeah, that seems pretty interesting. :worryfeels:
It's possible that orthodox christians may view catholics as undermining the role of the Father in the Trinity and thus "not worthy" of the Orthodox Eucharist, but that doesn't make a lot of sense now.

Yeah, that seems pretty interesting. :worryfeels:
It's possible that orthodox christians may view catholics as undermining the role of the Father in the Trinity and thus "not worthy" of the Orthodox Eucharist, but that doesn't make a lot of sense now.
Simply a misunderstanding of translation due to language differences that got blown out of proportion n shiet, no need to schism over that, orthodox chicos

Simply a misunderstanding of translation due to language differences that got blown out of proportion n shiet, no need to schism over that, orthodox chicos
True, but don't forget the differences when it comes to the Pope.
Although Christians did have a Pope before the schizm.

True, but don't forget the differences when it comes to the Pope.
Although Christians did have a Pope before the schizm.
Exactly, the OG church always had a pope for better or for worse, mang :smonk: :feelsokman:

Exactly, the OG church always had a pope for better or for worse, mang :smonk: :feelsokman:
Michael I Cerularius and Pope Leo IX are rolling in their graves at this point :smonk:

The former was never pope and decided to be rebellious n shiet, mang :smonk:
The Catholic Church (as far as I know) considers the Orthodox Christians as schizmatics and not heretics. That means that there is a disagreement in leadership, but not in the scripture.

The Catholic Church (as far as I know) considers the Orthodox Christians as schizmatics and not heretics. That means that there is a disagreement in leadership, but not in the scripture.
Thats true, Chico. Orthodoxy lacks a ceo so to speak that the OG church is supposed to have, mang

Church CEO :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek:
That’s whats missing from orthodoxy, Chico. That’s why orthodoxy tends to unify along national lines n shiet while catholic(universal) lives up to what the church is supposed to be and do, mang.

“Go forth and make disciples of all nations…” :smonk:

That’s whats missing from orthodoxy, Chico. That’s why orthodoxy tends to unify along national lines n shiet while catholic(universal) lives up to what the church is supposed to be and do, mang.

“Go forth and make disciples of all nations…” :smonk:
The national lines among Orthodox Churches (Greek/Russian/Syriac etc.) are just administrative regional churches. They teach the same doctrine, just at a different language.

The national lines among Orthodox Churches (Greek/Russian/Syriac etc.) are just administrative regional churches. They teach the same doctrine, just at a different language.
In some cases, however, they aren’t even in communion with each other, mang - oriental orthodox and Eastern Orthodox for example :smonk:

In some cases, however, they aren’t even in communion with each other, mang - oriental orthodox and Eastern Orthodox for example :smonk:
They're still teaching the same doctrine.

Then theyd all be in communion with one another, youd think, Chico :feelshehe::feelsthink:
That's because Oriental Orthodox Churches didn’t accept the Council of Chalcedon’s teachings about Christ while Eastern Orthodoxy accepted it.

That's because Oriental Orthodox Churches didn’t accept the Council of Chalcedon’s teachings about Christ while Eastern Orthodoxy accepted it.
This is what happens when there’s no central leadership, mang

Popemaxxing?
Si, Chico. For better or for worse, the seat of simon peter serves its purpose of church cohesion as Christ intended and should be respected not shunned just because we dont happen to like the current mang who occupies it :feelsthink:

Si, Chico. For better or for worse, the seat of simon peter serves its purpose of church cohesion as Christ intended and should be respected not shunned just because we dont happen to like the current mang who occupies it :feelsthink:
Good point :feelsokman:

catholics, as a cult, disown every other religion (even if they have the same beliefs) and tell you, you should only listen to them, so no

catholics, as a cult, disown every other religion (even if they have the same beliefs) and tell you, you should only listen to them, so no
It’s ironic if you don’t see the irony in ur own statement, assuming youre protestcucking, mang