Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting World weariness and the ongoing conflicts

Hibrihteselle

Hibrihteselle

Dysthymia
Is there a term for the world-weariness I feel after years of inciting violence online and glorification of war, followed by recent years of reflection and rejection of such ideas?
This feeling is especially pronounced in light of the current conflicts in Gaza and Ukraine. I feel a deep sadness and am not surprised by the resulting destruction of infrastructure, homes, injuries, deaths, and dehumanization.
I'm not surprised, given what I understand about human nature and our apparent inability to avoid the errors of hubris and the tendency to favor our own worldviews.
Will we, can we, as a species learn to develope empathy and compassion? Will we, can we, as a species learn from our thousands of years old human culture?

Your procreating matters more than any war, you know that?

Your procreating matters more than any war, you know that?
Perhaps, as much as I love my future children, bringing them into this hellish existance without their consent is a wrongdoing against life.
I will remain childless even if I ascend.

Our current World is very bad for future generations, so it makes sense to be pessimistic about the future

you dont sound world weary at all, me im very world weary

Our current World is very bad for future generations, so it makes sense to be pessimistic about the future
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Unfortunately, we have irreparably damaged what we borrowed, and returning it in this state is truly shameful.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Luckly for you, you aren't doing any borrowing for the time being, at least not from your children so have fun while you live and spare yourself the shitshow of the normies world

Luckly for you, you aren't doing any borrowing for the time being, at least not from your children so have fun while you live and spare yourself the shitshow of the normies world
When it comes to wars and large-scale conflicts, are we, as a species, destined to repeat the mistakes and hubris of the past? I remember when I was just a kid, I pondered a rhetorical question: what would a hypothetical alien visitor from another star system think of us? At the time, I concluded that such a being would likely view us as an aggressive, still somewhat primitive, and very violent species, best avoided until we show evidence of change.

Have we, from the onset of World War One in 1914 to the 2023 conflict in Gaza, demonstrated any such change?

A decade ago, I never thought I would be
At twenty-three on the verge of spontaneous combustion
Woe-is-me
But I guess that it comes with the territory
An ominous landscape of never-ending calamity...