Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Workcels: Has anyone tried to ask their boss to work remotely overseas?

T

tlightz

Recruit
★★
Those of you who have an office job, and you can remote to your machine to do your work - have you ever considered asking your boss to work remotely?

The pros is getting a western salary that you can take advantage of by living in a cheap place where it's easy to get girls like Thiland, Ukraine, etc... And you can even save more money.

The cons might be that there will be a time zone difference that you will need to work night time (might increase cancer risk but so is being lonley in the west) to align with your office time zone, but I guess it's a fair trade off given the pros? Another con is if your boss says no, there is a risk that he might fire you because of asking such a question?

Also, how do you actually convince him that you will be more productive at work by working remotely (i.e.: back it up with academic research studies including working remotely/having a gf increase productivity)? And how to explain what's the reason you're doing this? i.e: "Oh I just want to travel the world", "I can't get girls in our city, and it hinders my productivity", "cut commute time so I can put more hours" and maybe also mention that you are even ready to take a salary cut (that still will make you relateively rich in the country of destination) for it if necessary (if he doesn't agree in the beginning)?

Has anyone tried that already and succeeded or failed or know someone who did? I think this might have the best potential for a workcel to ascend among all "maxing" methods. Let's discuss...

Last edited:
I can't do it for my current job (I work directly with specialized, expensive equipment), but my plan once I've saved up a bit more money is to move out to the countryside (in burgerstan, probably, but I'm open to elsewhere if it's not too much legal hassle) and just do a few hours a week of code monkey shit, earn a silicon valley consultant wage but pay a Nebraska cost of living.

Then what's stopping them from hiring actual Ukranians and Thais for much less money?
That's a good point, and some compaies already outsource some of their workforce. But I thought that if you are a good employee, they would agree to accomodate for you working abroad. Then you might argue that a good employee would be able to find a job abroad as well. But for the sake of stability and familiarity, it'll probably be better and easier to go with your existing work abroad than trying to find a new one for the same wages.

Also, I don't think it's easy for them to get foreign employees as it requires more hr work in terms of getting them a visa, trusting them working from abroad, quality of their work might be lower, etc.

So you are saying they hire employees locally because they want them to be present in the office? I guess it's true, any way around it - also isn't it also depends on the nature of your work and job duties? Are the methods of convincing I suggested have any validity still?
I can't do it for my current job (I work directly with specialized, expensive equipment), but my plan once I've saved up a bit more money is to move out to the countryside (in burgerstan, probably, but I'm open to elsewhere if it's not too much legal hassle) and just do a few hours a week of code monkey shit, earn a silicon valley consultant wage but pay a Nebraska cost of living.

Does your current job require you to program too? Or it's more hardware related? Are you planning to still work in the same company doing what you said or you will need look elsewhere for that? Also where is burgerstan and is it easy to get girls there as an incel?

Last edited:
Then what's stopping them from hiring actual Ukranians and Thais for much less money?

Depends on the type of job but its a pain in the ass to get quality work from outsourcing.

Has anyone tried that already and succeeded or failed or know someone who did? I think this might have the best potential for a workcel to ascend among all "maxing" methods. Let's discuss...

I never have but my buddy did just that. I think its more common in programming communities. However I believe you have to be a valued employee and work there for awhile before they let you.

Does your current job require you to program too? Or it's more hardware related? Are you planning to still work in the same company doing what you said or you will need look elsewhere for that? Also where is burgerstan and is it easy to get girls there as an incel?
I program as part of my job, though my title isn't "programmer". I doubt this company would let me do anything remotely, and frankly they need me where I am, given my specialty and the work we're doing. The difference between leaving entirely and switching to another department is nil in terms of its effect on the company, so when it comes time to get the fuck out of here I'll just leave, they'll be equally sour either way. I'll just find some dumbass startup that needs somebody to do the things that their "digital prophets" don't want to do (you know, like making the product run reliably and efficiently).

And lol, burgerstan is USA. It's very easy to "get girls" here, if you're willing to quietly betabux for a burnout landwhale with 3 useless gender studies degrees and her 7 special-needs cats.

Depends on the type of job but its a pain in the ass to get quality work from outsourcing.

I never have but my buddy did just that. I think its more common in programming communities. However I believe you have to be a valued employee and work there for awhile before they let you.

And what was the outcome for your buddy, was he an incel before too? Are you a programmer too? And are you considering doing the same thing? Also let's say you already work at the place for a while, what do you define as a "valued member"?
I program as part of my job, though my title isn't "programmer". I doubt this company would let me do anything remotely, and frankly they need me where I am, given my specialty and the work we're doing. The difference between leaving entirely and switching to another department is nil in terms of its effect on the company, so when it comes time to get the fuck out of here I'll just leave, they'll be equally sour either way. I'll just find some dumbass startup that needs somebody to do the things that their "digital prophets" don't want to do (you know, like making the product run reliably and efficiently).

And lol, burgerstan is USA. It's very easy to "get girls" here, if you're willing to quietly betabux for a burnout landwhale with 3 useless gender studies degrees and her 7 special-needs cats.

I personally don't think it's wise to leave your job before finding a replacement unless you are very confident in your abilities. Also a startup would be less reliable and rather have an existing stable firm.
Would think it would be easier for you to just remote to your work place if they let you be in a position that you can remote in where you depend less on special hardware that you have in office. But it doesn't seem like you cherish the current work place you have much lol. Also, moving to another place in the west dosent seem much promising either, as opposed to what's suggested above.

Last edited:
And what was the outcome for your buddy, was he an incel before too? Are you a programmer too? And are you considering doing the same thing? Also let's say you already work at the place for a while, what do you define as a "valued member"?

My buddy is a normie and he managed to work remote on one of his previous jobs. Me personally I've never worked remotely, although I did interview for one job that told me the more experienced guys work from home.

My only real advice is to build up a solid case to your boss that you can work independently at home and that it won't affect productivity or quality. Also just make up some reason why you need to work from home. After that it's pretty much a coin toss. If you want more help honestly try asking reddit, not here lol.

My buddy is a normie and he managed to work remote on one of his previous jobs. Me personally I've never worked remotely, although I did interview for one job that told me the more experienced guys work from home.

My only real advice is to build up a solid case to your boss that you can work independently at home and that it won't affect productivity or quality. Also just make up some reason why you need to work from home. After that it's pretty much a coin toss. If you want more help honestly try asking reddit, not here lol.

It's not really working home though, it's working remotely from abroad, so they might see an ip addres from Thailand or Ukraine logging in to their network... Unless I guess you can get a western VPN so you can hide your location without hindering the network speed?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back