Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious woodsman maxxing

Incellectual

Incellectual

feminae stultae sunt | 5'3 goblin-manlet
★★★★★
I've been thinking about this for a while but now I'm starting to get ready for it. Slowly of course but I still need to start preparing. I'm going to go be a hermit in the woods. Not now, not at this point, I still need to get a degree and get training in my future career (I'm going to be a landlord, it has potential to be very hands off and I'll want some form of income). I also need to sharpen up my wilderness skills if I want to go do it. I'd probably move somewhere in the Adirondacks in Upstate New York. There's tons of uninhabited land up there where you wouldn't run into another person for miles.

It's realistic for me too. I was in a wilderness bootcamp in High School and it was honestly the best time of my life. I was decent at learning the skills, such as building fires and setting up simple animal traps. The constant exercise/movement was great, being active and hiking a lot made me feel mentally and physically healthier. I frequently go hiking now but living in the woods would make it even better/easier to do. I like being outside so I wouldn't mind being out there. Best of all there is no one out there to annoy me. We didn't even have shelter when I was in my wilderness bootcamp so I know I can handle living outside for long periods of time. If I can live in those conditions I can totally settle down in a small cabin. My dad built my house and I work with him already so I could easily get help from him to build it if I don't feel like buying one.

I can't decide if I'd get internet or not though. Part of me wants to since the internet is such a great cope but another part of me wants to cut myself off completely from society. I'm so tired of all the bullshit and the internet magnifies the bullshit tenfold. I have time to think about it at least, I'll just base it off of how I feel right before I go. I'll bring a bunch of books with me as well since I like reading.

Anyone else here plan on doing something similar or at least want to do something similar? I'm nervous since it could go poorly fast but I still feel this call of the wild. I've had this feeling most of my life but now its getting more and more intense.

Chris McCandless did that and died OP, it's a hard life to pull something like that.

Just be Bear Grylls theory

Chris McCandless did that and died OP, it's a hard life to pull something like that.

I did it for a few months and I was fine. As I said before I technically have training. I even did solo survival for a few days, though the day it rained on solo sucked since i couldn't start a fire and I woke up in a puddle.
I bet you came here from my complaining thread didn't you

I did it for a few months and I was fine. As I said before I technically have training. I even did solo survival for a few days, though the day it rained on solo sucked since i couldn't start a fire and I woke up in a puddle.
I bet you came here from my complaining thread didn't you
Nope, i answer at any post i have something to say, and that post reminded me of him , even with training you still need to find water, food, wood to start a fire..start slowly and go on camping for a few months to see how it goes. See if you can survive first. Also be sure to have a walkie talkie to call for help.(batteries last more since you won't have electricity for a phone) also a flashlight (those bright ones) and a mirror or a magnifying glass(people overwatch them but they are important surviving tools)

Last edited:
Nope, i answer at any post i have something to say, and that post remind me of him , even with training you still need to find water, food..start slowly and go on camping for a few months to see how it goes. See if you can survive.
Of course. As I said before I was planning on getting ready for it slowly. The Adirondacks is also ez to live in and I already lived out there for a few months. What I'd realistically end up doing would be settling down somewhere next to a lake and living in that area in a small shack or cabin. I used to come across little tin shacks and random camping guys out there and they seemed fine. All seemed insane but still they were living lmao.

I remember one of them snuck up behind me while I was peeing and I freaked out and tripped since I would pull my pants down all the way like an autist just because I could. He laughed and said I thought he was a Sasquatch and then he just...walked away. Definitely one of the strangest moments of my life.

I've had similar thoughts before, but I don't have the money, skills, or motivation to go innawoods. I also wouldn't want to live without internet access. It would, however, be nice to get away from all the normalfags.

I also like hiking but, even though there is a trail close to where I live, I don't have the opportunity to go hiking very often.