Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Why Won't God Heal Amputees; also praying to god is like praying to a jug of milk

Midwestcel

Midwestcel

Banned
-

"Why won't God heal amputees?" may seem like an odd name for a Web site. The reason for choosing it is simple: this is one of the most important questions that we can ask about God.
The question, "Why won't God heal amputees?" probes into a fundamental aspect of prayer and exposes it for observation. This aspect of prayer has to do with ambiguity and coincidence.

The fact that prayers are never answered when the possibility of coincidence is eliminated meshes with another fact. If we analyze God's responses to ambiguous prayers using statistical tools, what we find is that there is never any statistical evidence for prayer. In other words, when we statisically compare prayer to coincidence for explaining any situation, they are identical. For example, this article points out:

• One of the most scientifically rigorous studies yet, published earlier this month, found that the prayers of a distant congregation did not reduce the major complications or death rate in patients hospitalized for heart treatments.

Idk but christian chads will probs be shoving you into lockers and fucking your sister either way, at least you’re not a toxthic and bigoted sheep like them so you win

Science and respecting women beats religion any day

Religion false, more news at eleven.

One of the most scientifically rigorous studies yet

I have trouble believing this. No real scientist would waste time on this. "Gee, how come God isn't making magic happen? Let's devote resources to that." Said idiots.

Atheism is cope

"Why won't God heal amputees?" may seem like an odd name for a Web site. The reason for choosing it is simple: this is one of the most important questions that we can ask about God.
The question, "Why won't God heal amputees?" probes into a fundamental aspect of prayer and exposes it for observation. This aspect of prayer has to do with ambiguity and coincidence.

The fact that prayers are never answered when the possibility of coincidence is eliminated meshes with another fact. If we analyze God's responses to ambiguous prayers using statistical tools, what we find is that there is never any statistical evidence for prayer. In other words, when we statisically compare prayer to coincidence for explaining any situation, they are identical. For example, this article points out:

• One of the most scientifically rigorous studies yet, published earlier this month, found that the prayers of a distant congregation did not reduce the major complications or death rate in patients hospitalized for heart treatments.

When I was in high school I already knew about paradoxes such as "why do bad things happen to good people?" But this one is very simple, easy to remember, and reinforces the others. Why doesn't god heal amputees?

Because god is imaginary.

Religion may not be right but I don't attack it anymore. That is the only thing keeping some people from totally falling apart. Even though I claim to be a misanthrope, I hate to see people throw their lives away.

So ya, let the baby have its bottle

82b

@Emergency Manual got an argument for this?

I think that the counterargument would be that the whole point of faith is belief without the promise of reward, or at least without the desire to be rewarded, enduring faith despite any hardship. Prayer is supposed to be for the purpose of honoring and being grateful to God alone, not for anything God could grant you for doing so.

However I'm definitely not the user to ask tbh, so perhaps I've got it all wrong.

I think that the counterargument would be that the whole point of faith is belief without the promise of reward, or at least without the desire to be rewarded, enduring faith despite any hardship.

We can put this sentence into another context... Just do everything for her without receive anything in return. Just do not think about sex, you are not entitled to it teehee. Just lol at this.

We can put this sentence into another context... Just do everything for her without receive anything in return. Just do not think about sex, you are not entitled to it teehee. Just lol at this.
I fully agree tbh, this is just my understanding based upon what I've read.

legit. Any nigga who prays to external deity is low IQ subhumwn. only GOD IS U. All else is fake trash. praying to anyone but urself is cuckold trait. it's why Chad's have high narcissistsm cause they know they are god

This is just a modified version of the problem of evil jfl.Namely the statistical version of the problem of evil.
Coupled with Leibniz's assumption that a morally perfect God is obligated to create a morally perfect scenario

Its a classic dillema,but not one without answers

When I was in high school I already knew about paradoxes such as "why do bad things happen to good people?" But this one is very simple, easy to remember, and reinforces the others. Why doesn't god heal amputees?

Because god is imaginary.
I think that the counterargument would be that the whole point of faith is belief without the promise of reward, or at least without the desire to be rewarded, enduring faith despite any hardship. Prayer is supposed to be for the purpose of honoring and being grateful to God alone, not for anything God could grant you for doing so.

However I'm definitely not the user to ask tbh, so perhaps I've got it all wrong.
Except that if you think that the Bible is the literal word of god then the bible specifically says that god will answer prayer. The Bible says that whatever you ask for in prayer you'll receive. It says so unambiguously and it says so several times. So either what you're saying is correct and the Bible is wrong or what you're saying is wrong and the Bible is correct.

Last edited:
I pray that scales be removed from the eyes of everyone in this forum so that they may have spiritual sight for the gospel.

In Jesus Christ name I pray,

Amen.

the devil is as powerful as god, god being stronger than him is cope. One can give, one can take away

This is why I've been an atheist my entire adult life. Religion and "God" is the ultimate Blue Pill cope.

I pray that scales be removed from the eyes of everyone in this forum so that they may have spiritual sight for the gospel.

In Jesus Christ name I pray,

Amen.
See prayer doesn't work. Pray to become 6'2 Chad and see if you have better luck.
This is why I've been an atheist my entire adult life. Religion and "God" is the ultimate Blue Pill cope.

Most people don't pray, they demand

I have trouble believing this. No real scientist would waste time on this. "Gee, how come God isn't making magic happen? Let's devote resources to that." Said idiots.
There was a study done on it in the early 2000s look it up
Most people don't pray, they demand
Oh so they aren't doing it the right way? But you are? Well show the rest of us so that we too can get reliable and consistent results from prayer that are noticeably different from chance.

Because of the demiurge duh
GnosticMeme

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back