Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Why modern philosophy is dead

  • Thread starter the virgin shepherd
  • Start date
the virgin shepherd

the virgin shepherd

Battlemage
Joined
May 19, 2021
Posts
2,050
Online
15d 19h 40m
Philosophy, throughout history, has been the means by which genuises and those of an averge intelligence alike may record their thoughts for the purpose of incurring thinking in others. This is essential for all Philosophy. However, in modernity at least, Philosophy exists for fags who want to tell you what to think rather than express a level of creativity.

In the past Philosophy existed for polymaths, however the gae of the polymath is dead, we now live in the age of the secular career.

In the past, Goethe, Schiller, Kant, Schopenhaur, and more acted as the sole means for entertainment in the archaic epochs. Now we have whores and dongs to infatuate ourselves with.

Music, poetry, theatre, intellectual activities as a whole, they have all been drowned out by social media and, in our case, gaming.

Philosophy in modernity has become a joke, what is the joke? Postmodernism. "Post" as in "after" implicates what exists after the Zietghiest we all live in, thus it is pure speculation.

It is as if metaphysics has become the foundation for all philosophers.

What exists after does not portray what is current.

It's over for philosophercels
 
wei#3959

wei#3959

Veteran
★★★★
Joined
Dec 13, 2020
Posts
1,318
Online
77d 22h 30m
blame cucks
 
Meus

Meus

Banned
★★★
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Posts
4,794
Online
87d 2h 13m
This world is hell and for some reason we have to be here. :fuk:
 
B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command
★★★★★
Joined
Oct 11, 2019
Posts
10,709
Online
128d 21h 30m
the virgin shepherd said:
Philosophy, throughout history, has been the means by which genuises and those of an averge intelligence alike may record their thoughts for the purpose of incurring thinking in others. This is essential for all Philosophy. However, in modernity at least, Philosophy exists for fags who want to tell you what to think rather than express a level of creativity.
What are you expecting to see? A new ethical theory? A new argument on an existing problem?

the virgin shepherd said:
In the past Philosophy existed for polymaths, however the gae of the polymath is dead, we now live in the age of the secular career.
It didn't exist for polymaths. You've got it backwards. The philosophers were the polymaths. Originally, it was philosophers who explored all areas of knowledge.

the virgin shepherd said:
In the past, Goethe, Schiller, Kant, Schopenhaur, and more acted as the sole means for entertainment in the archaic epochs. Now we have whores and dongs to infatuate ourselves with.
Philosophy is not entertainment. Those names you listed are not entertainers.

the virgin shepherd said:
Music, poetry, theatre, intellectual activities as a whole, they have all been drowned out by social media and, in our case, gaming.
Yes.

the virgin shepherd said:
Philosophy in modernity has become a joke, what is the joke? Postmodernism. "Post" as in "after" implicates what exists after the Zietghiest we all live in, thus it is pure speculation.
Postmodernism (feels gross to even say it) is not the joke that philosophy has become. It's just a bad philosophy (read: way of thinking).

the virgin shepherd said:
It is as if metaphysics has become the foundation for all philosophers.
This doesn't follow.

the virgin shepherd said:
What exists after does not portray what is current.
Is this trying to sound sage?

the virgin shepherd said:
It's over for philosophercels
Maybe.
 
LeonTheSilent

LeonTheSilent

Recruit
★★
Joined
Mar 7, 2021
Posts
111
Online
1d 15h 12m
If you quention, desagree or simply dont follow the casual mass ideia then you will be excluded. And this in only a problem when the coward behavior is inforced by the tradicional media. Nowadays been an outcast would turn you into a homeless. First corporations and gov give "free" stuff then they clain your soul.
 
T

thevenon

Officer
★★★★★
Joined
Aug 17, 2021
Posts
945
Online
16d 1h 40m
the virgin shepherd said:
Philosophy, throughout history, has been the means by which genuises and those of an averge intelligence alike may record their thoughts for the purpose of incurring thinking in others. This is essential for all Philosophy. However, in modernity at least, Philosophy exists for fags who want to tell you what to think rather than express a level of creativity.
I do not agree with you. Greek philosophers became decadent and their decadent thoughts like the stoicism have been polluting the western society for 2300 years. There is nothing new in European thinking, these ideas destroyed Greece and the Roman Empire. The Christianity and the feminism are also consequences of the diffusion of Greek decadent thoughts.
Meus said:
This world is hell and for some reason we have to be here. :fuk:
The world is not a hell for everybody, only for incels. And it is a heaven for Chads. :feelsohh:
 
Meus

Meus

Banned
★★★
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Posts
4,794
Online
87d 2h 13m
thevenon said:
I do not agree with you. Greek philosophers became decadent and their decadent thoughts like the stoicism have been polluting the western society for 2300 years. There is nothing new in European thinking, these ideas destroyed Greece and the Roman Empire. The Christianity and the feminism are also consequences of the diffusion of Greek decadent thoughts.

The world is not a hell for everybody, only for incels. And it is a heaven for Chads. :feelsohh:
Based. Stoicism is cucked as fucked. Never liked that shit. "Hurr don't complain". If people would have never complained we would have never left the fucking caves. All progress is a RESULT of complaining.

Stoicism is literally slave mentality. I hate it so fucking much.
 
OwlGod

OwlGod

Magna Est Veritas Et Prævalebit
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Posts
6,460
Online
111d 20h 33m
based_meme said:
What are you expecting to see? A new ethical theory? A new argument on an existing problem?

hmm makes sense, so, it's already explored as a field? like many other fields of science the innovators or original thinkers date back to old school as it was unexplored territory
 
Last edited:
B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command
★★★★★
Joined
Oct 11, 2019
Posts
10,709
Online
128d 21h 30m
OwlGod said:
hmm makes sense, so, it's already explored as a field? like many other fields of science the innovators or original thinkers date back to old school as it was unexplored territory
There are still a number of frontiers in philosophy that are currently being explored. Consciousness - a sort of cross between philosophy of mind and metaphysics - is going strong. As for branches, ethics is never going to go out of relevance and always has some flavor of discussion. Epistemology is kind of the in background these days. Aesthetics is the artsy, bullshit part of philosophy (I'm sure I pissed off at least one person by saying that), and it's always going to be around somewhat. Metaphysics is... the OG branch of philosophy and it will always remain king.
 
Last edited:
IncelCatechumen

IncelCatechumen

Officer
★★★★
Joined
Jul 2, 2021
Posts
874
Online
16d 3h 23m
Well, there have been really bad epochs for Philosophy throughout history (particularly after the collapse of the Roman Empire in Late Antiquity with the exception of Boethius of course). I don´t think we live in a bad epoch to philosophy tbh: there is even a philosophical vanguard (Object Oriented Ontology)
 
T

thevenon

Officer
★★★★★
Joined
Aug 17, 2021
Posts
945
Online
16d 1h 40m
Meus said:
Based. Stoicism is cucked as fucked. Never liked that shit. "Hurr don't complain". If people would have never complained we would have never left the fucking caves. All progress is a RESULT of complaining.

Stoicism is literally slave mentality. I hate it so fucking much.
The stoicism is the base of all modern social thoughts. It is a foid's way of thinking. The Christianity is also based on stoicism. The problem started 2300 years ago in Greece. :feelsohh:
 
SlayerSlayer

SlayerSlayer

Luminary
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 10, 2018
Posts
10,196
Online
82d 7h 17m
the virgin shepherd said:
Philosophy, throughout history, has been the means by which genuises and those of an averge intelligence alike may record their thoughts for the purpose of incurring thinking in others. This is essential for all Philosophy. However, in modernity at least, Philosophy exists for fags who want to tell you what to think rather than express a level of creativity.

In the past Philosophy existed for polymaths, however the gae of the polymath is dead, we now live in the age of the secular career.

In the past, Goethe, Schiller, Kant, Schopenhaur, and more acted as the sole means for entertainment in the archaic epochs. Now we have whores and dongs to infatuate ourselves with.

Music, poetry, theatre, intellectual activities as a whole, they have all been drowned out by social media and, in our case, gaming.

Philosophy in modernity has become a joke, what is the joke? Postmodernism. "Post" as in "after" implicates what exists after the Zietghiest we all live in, thus it is pure speculation.

It is as if metaphysics has become the foundation for all philosophers.

What exists after does not portray what is current.

It's over for philosophercels
Foucault single-handedly ruined philosophy by contracting AIDS. Faggot if you disagree with me
 
B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command
★★★★★
Joined
Oct 11, 2019
Posts
10,709
Online
128d 21h 30m
SlayerSlayer said:
Foucault single-handedly ruined philosophy by contracting AIDS. Faggot if you disagree with me
This comment is the kind of hipsterism the OP was concerned about.
 
SlayerSlayer

SlayerSlayer

Luminary
★★★★★
Joined
Jul 10, 2018
Posts
10,196
Online
82d 7h 17m
based_meme said:
This comment is the kind of hipsterism the OP was concerned about.
i stand correct
 
B

based_meme

I.N.C.E.L. High Command
★★★★★
Joined
Oct 11, 2019
Posts
10,709
Online
128d 21h 30m
SlayerSlayer said:
i stand correct
KEK. I agreed with you tbh, but I think that falls under "telling you what to think" rather than being creative, like the OP was talking about.

If you want a modern day philosopher who's not an academic philospher, look to Daniel Schmactenberger. He's exploring ideas on civilization, but I get the nasty feeling he's pro-globalist, pro-NWO (shouldn't matter, if you DGAF about all that).
 
Meus

Meus

Banned
★★★
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Posts
4,794
Online
87d 2h 13m
thevenon said:
The stoicism is the base of all modern social thoughts. It is a foid's way of thinking. The Christianity is also based on stoicism. The problem started 2300 years ago in Greece. :feelsohh:
Everyone loves a stoic guy (a weak guy who can be exploited and cucked).

Be always vocal about your opinion. Never be stoic.
 
the virgin shepherd

the virgin shepherd

Battlemage
Joined
May 19, 2021
Posts
2,050
Online
15d 19h 40m
based_meme said:
What are you expecting to see? A new ethical theory? A new argument on an existing problem?
Yes.
based_meme said:
Postmodernism (feels gross to even say it) is not the joke that philosophy has become. It's just a bad philosophy (read: way of thinking).
I am not going to read "way of thinking" as that just reads like a self-help meme book. Though you are correct, postmodernism just seems to be the most prevalent philosophy in this era.
based_meme said:
This doesn't follow.
I meant that metaphysics has become the category of philosophy that most affiliate "true" philosophy with.
based_meme said:
Is this trying to sound sage?
No, linguistically meta is defined as 'after', I am really just critiquing all of metaphysics though metaphysics seems to have deviated from the religiosity that had been inspired from it, such as Plato's perfect world of gods that inspired Augustines World of gods and the Christian heaven as a whole.
based_meme said:
I hope not.
based_meme said:
Aesthetics is the artsy, bullshit part of philosophy (I'm sure I pissed off at least one person by saying that), and it's always going to be around somewhat.
That is shitty, the book I am writing at the moment is related to aesthetics, psychology, and perhaps even (some may say) ethics.
 
Last edited:
shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8
Top